****OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS CHRIS SIMMS BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets gonna F**K the Jags up tonight, and some in the media will be devastated, because they so want the Jags to win.

they are saying the Jags will win their division with tannehill going down or at least the Jags will make the playoffs over the Dolphins

2 hours ago, slats said:

Every week, I beg the team to open the game on offense with a play action pass, and then make the same request throughout the game on first down, “everyone’s expecting a run up the gut here, fake it and throw the ****ing ball for once!” 

I don’t feel like I ever get my way. 

All season he has waited until the other team scores first to change things up. And by that time it’s too late because the d line is teeing off on passing plays.

he’s gotta try scoring a td on the opening drive. Have they done that this year?

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

Narrative?  My convoluted spin is to try throwing on first and 10 against a loaded box more often instead of setting up 3rd and 8 with a predictable run up the middle

The New York jets are playing tonight not the Zach Wilson’s. that’s my narrative.  Seriously my friend you’re obsessing and that’s not healthy lol.  

Your narrative is this is a MLF problem, not a Zach handcuffing the O problem because he can't  throw a 10 yard pass. I mean MLF can call passes on forst down but Zach will miss on about 50% of them or more by being inaccurate.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

What is up with the line movement for this game?

Currently seeing Jets (-2.5) which surprises me a bit - sharps on the Jets? 

Surprised me as well. Had not looked at the line at all and was expecting the Jets to be a small dog. 

Was actually considering betting them as underdogs but not sure I could pull the trigger as favorites.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

All season he has waited until the other team scores first to change things up. And by that time it’s too late because the d line is teeing off on passing plays.

he’s gotta try scoring a td on the opening drive. Have they done that this year?

Very true and the question i have is, is that always going to be the case or is it b/c he has no faith in the qbs?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Your narrative is this is a MLF problem, not a Zach handcuffing the O problem because he can't  throw a 10 yard pass. I mean MLF can call passes on forst down but Zach will miss on about 50% of them or more by being inaccurate.  

Problems are often multifaceted. In this case, it is both true that Zach Wilson has unacceptably bad short range accuracy (and accuracy, in general) AND that MLF's play calling has sometimes been predictable and uninspiring. (FYI, both the Bills and Vikings keyed on our predictable runs with MW in the game, as well)

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Did not realize this was in question. They’ve got a lot of injuries on the OL and TL may have a bum toe. With the Jets getting healthy on the DL, could be a very long night for Trevor

Yeah he’s had it for a month and he’s playing great. Was never in doubt 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Problems are often multifaceted. In this case, it is both true that Zach Wilson has unacceptably bad short range accuracy (and accuracy, in general) AND that MLF's play calling has sometimes been predictable and uninspiring. (FYI, both the Bills and Vikings keyed on our predictable runs with MW in the game, as well)

Not saying MLF is without some blame but there is no way I am calling a bunch of short passes with a guy that has shown a propensity to missing a large % of these plays that are supposed to be layups. 

• Upvote 2

Been out and about the island today on my day off and it’s awesome to see Jets gear everywhere. Been to around 6 stores so far and there’s Jets talk in every single one. Nice to see the Jets back in the fold again - the vibes are strong. Can’t wait for tonight’s game

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

play action pass roll out right and throw a bomb to a streaking Garrett Wilson across the field!

Agree and if I may hijack your post just a bit and add Corey Davis 5 yards to the left of Garret, Elijiah 5 yards to the right of Garrett and find someone who is 7'2" to be 5 yards past Garrett.

Then we have Zach covered.

34 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Agree and if I may hijack your post just a bit and add Corey Davis 5 yards to the left of Garret, Elijiah 5 yards to the right of Garrett and find someone who is 7'2" to be 5 yards past Garrett.

Then we have Zach covered.

Hey I wonder if you could teach an orangutan to play football that pass over the middle to Wilson would have been snagged right out of the air if you attached a banana to it

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

play action pass roll out right and throw a bomb to a streaking Garrett Wilson across the field!

On first and ten, and then it's first and ten again! Guess what? Another bomb on first down! Another first down! 1 and ten, hail mary to the end zone, TD!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't need no stinkin' 2nd or 3rd down. We've got the mad bomber!

Just win the game. QB drama, ultimately, is overrated and not gonna resolve tonight.

Our defense is good enough to lockdown the Jags in a windy rainstorm. Michael Carter/Bam Knight are good enough to run the ball and score TDs. ZW’s athletic enough to make a handful of key plays with his legs and arm. Garrett Wilson will be open and win his matchup. Don’t let ZW throw it more than 25x and he won’t have an INT. We win. Let’s make the ******* playoffs.

• Upvote 1