****OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS CHRIS SIMMS BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Hey seriously. Good luck and wish for easy labor,  healthy baby and mom and hopefully you have a baby that sleeps a little more than mine. 

thanks brother, kind of wish he arrived during the game so I didnt have to put myself through that lol but we are on for 7:30am, so Mrs. JiF is getting some rest for a big day tomorrow! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, ausman said:

Who knows what Streveler might have done had he been practicing with the first team all along?  Certainly looks more like a pro QB.  And he gives hits instead of taking them.

LOL he can’t throw a football. Cmon y’all. We saw a very competent QB recently in #5. That’s what a QB looks like. I hope everyone stops undervaluing Mike ******* White now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Need to sign Mike White tomorrow to a multi year deal 

No way.  Save the money so Zach Wilson can be signed to a ten year front-loaded extension.  All the Zach Wilson defenders are right.  All he needs is more time !!!!  You can't give up so early.  Ten more years !!! 

• Haha 2

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll still have reason to end tonight on a high note.

ha! much more important things I life, I was just being silly.  I'm so used this type of stuff, I'm numb to it in real life, just ham it up here for the lulz. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Garrett Wilson is special, anyone else see him trying pleading coaching encouraging scalding whatever the **** he was saying to Zach at the end he was in his ear about Football as the other team was kneeling the ball in V formation that MFer CARES!

I did see that.  I want to hear what he has to say in the postgame.  I wonder if he'll defend ZW.

Well, the 1st half of the season was exciting.  JD wanted meaningful games in December and he got them.   Although they didn’t turn out the way we wanted, the the team was in the playoff hunt.  The pieces are there.  This offseason will be pivotal.  First and foremost, let’s hope Mike White can go the last two games to continue his evaluation.  This team is close.  Get the QB position fixed.  Get AVT back, FIX the OL.  I still see good things ahead for this team.

GW talking to ZW - that is cool.

This team won some ridiculous games this year, but the magic is gone - maybe we can play spoiler, but too many injuries OL and Breece - normally I would be happy with the teams progress, but there is a huge question mark at QB for next year, so hard to build a team this way.

I would really like Jets to move on from MLF - their plan of ground control and great D is not a winning formula IMO - time to get an OC who can build a powerhouse O - not sure how you do that without a QB with a strong arm...

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

LOL he can’t throw a football. Cmon y’all. We saw very competent QB recently in #5. That’s what a QB looks like. I hope everyone stops undervaluing Mike ******* White now. 

He can’t throw a football you are ? correct but he probably would have won tonight’s game if he was the starter since Monday.  This is based on short week and weather.  Full week and good weather no healthy Jets QB could win this game.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have to see what's available.  TB12 would make sense.  Aaron Rodgers if we can get him at a decent price.

On a per-game basis, Mike White has been nearly as good as Aaron Rodgers this season.  And wouldn't cost us $40M per on his contract and draft assets to acquire.

And I will never root for this franchise again if they bring in Tom Brady.  Even if you don't hate his guts, he isn't close to the same guy he was even 2-3 years ago. 

• Upvote 1