****OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS CHRIS SIMMS BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He can’t throw a football you are ? correct but he probably would have won tonight’s game if he was the starter since Monday.  This is based on short week and weather.  Full week and good weather no healthy Jets QB could win this game.

your right. they promoted him to the team today. maybe a week taking 1st team reps would make his throws better. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, doitny said:

your right. they promoted him to the team today. maybe a week taking 1st team reps would make his throws better. 

No they wouldn’t have made his throws better but they would have started the game with a 7-0 lead after that TO, and then it would have been easy running the ball with him and the crew the rest of the way killing the clock.

• Upvote 1

Look since the season’s over because Jets went 1-2 under White and 0-2 with Zach. Look Zach was almost as bad as he was against NEP and the weather was bad. I’d start Zach the next two weeks he wasn’t terrible last week and you have to see what he can do since we’re out of it anyways. Unless White can play I’d start him. 

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

On a per-game basis, Mike White has been nearly as good as Aaron Rodgers this season.  And wouldn't cost us $40M per on his contract and draft assets to acquire.

And I will never root for this franchise again if they bring in Tom Brady.  Even if you don't hate his guts, he isn't close to the same guy he was even 2-3 years ago. 

You're probably right that Rodgers would be too expensive.  I'd be just fine with TB12 but many here wouldn't.  Likely won't happen anyway.  Will be interesting to see what direction we go in.  Even MW is a free agent.

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're probably right that Rodgers would be too expensive.  I'd be just fine with TB12 but many here wouldn't.  Likely won't happen anyway.  Will be interesting to see what direction we go in.  Even MW is a free agent.

Yep.  Complete uncertainty at the QB position.  Its nuts.  Don't likely have a pick high enough to justifiably draft one, either, and this franchise has no business drafting a QB high anytime soon anyways.  

Was such a fun season at 5-2, but  a huge bummer where it’s gone.

Hope Mike White can play these last two weeks. 

offense needs a lot of work in the offseason: resign Mike White + veteran QB, a left tackle, more depth on the OL, another WR, and a new OC.  

RIP Zach Wilson 

Just now, T0mShane said:

Fitzpatrick: Zach is done in NY. Guys in the huddle can see if football is important to you, if it’s the most important thing in his life and [Zach] doesn’t love it. He’s lost the locker room and it’s over for him here

*not on Joe Douglas* 

who also drafted becton who likes eating more than football

• Upvote 1

I have to say, it's such a dick move from the media to question players about each other.  Go ahead and call out the coaches and front office about that kind of crap, that's their jobs, but asking your skill positions to judge their QBs is scumbag.

Listen, I don't like Wilson at all but trying to get force his teammates to either crap on him or make excuses for him is some low level sh*t.

• Upvote 1