****OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS CHRIS SIMMS BOWL GAME THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, slimjasi said:

Was such a fun season at 5-2, but  a huge bummer where it’s gone.

Hope Mike White can play these last two weeks. 

offense needs a lot of work in the offseason (resign Mike White + veteran QB), a left tackle, more depth on the OL, another WR, and a we OC.  

RIP Zach Wilson 

Either draft YOung or let White and Minshew fight it out. 

Wilson needs to be gone, cap be damned. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Complete uncertainty at the QB position.  Its nuts.  Don't likely have a pick high enough to justifiably draft one, either, and this franchise has no business drafting a QB high anytime soon anyways.  

Even average QB play would have yielded at least 3 more wins than the Jets have now.  It’s too expensive to just jettison Zach.  So you demote him to #2, sign a competent journeyman as a bridge and see if watching, practicing, correcting and learning can get him ready to be a legit pro.  You’re paying him one way or another so you might as well try to maximize your investment while you do.

Just now, ausman said:

Even average QB play would have yielded at least 3 more wins than the Jets have now.  It’s too expensive to just jettison Zach.  So you demote him to #2, sign a competent journeyman as a bridge and see if watching, practicing, correcting and learning can get him ready to be a legit pro.  You’re paying him one way or another so you might as well try to maximize your investment while you do.

Nope. Impossible to keep around. Bad bad bad karma

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Saleh said the Strev was always part of the plan and it wasnt based on Zach's play?

wtf is going on

4 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Saleh is trying to stay he put Strev in for the “run game.” Wow. This is bad. 

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Oof. Saleh plunging in credibility… balked in making a change, now bullsh*tting about how Strev wasn’t meant to be a permanent switch… it was to spark the run game.

group hug cmt GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

No way is ZW even capable of being a #2 right now. Not after that. 

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I can’t take any thing he says seriously anymore. It’s all talk. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even believe it. Just out there trying to remember the PR notes. 

yeah but, why say that, how does that perception make it better considering they only had him in the game once in the first half to "spark the run game", I mean, that's not from the PR team, lol 

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I can’t take any thing he says seriously anymore. It’s all talk. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t even believe it. Just out there trying to remember the PR notes. 

Yeah, he really sounds so defeated.

It's become pretty clear he's never going to publicly judge any of his individual players, which is admirable to a certain extent, but also completely brutal in these situations.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

For how sh*tty Wilson is, he sure doesn't seem all that beat up about it.  Wilson seems to take no issues with his terribleness and instead talks about the failures from a "team perspective", while Saleh seems super depressed.

Fitzpatrick made this exact point. Zach doesn't care, and his teammates see it.

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, he really sounds so defeated.

It's become pretty clear he's never going to publicly judge any of his individual players, which is admirable to a certain extent, but also completely brutal in these situations.

He’s got a very young team including a very young QB.  He has to be cognizant of their egos and is naturally going to be protective.  He could be tougher on a more veteran team.  There’s no upside to his pointing fingers at this juncture.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  I'm saying White + Minshew but Tuscany wants to shoot higher than either. 

I just don't see, realistically, how better than those 2 would be out there for us.

White and maybe someone above Mishew.... sorry I just don't rock with the Minshew gang. possible draft a Hendon Hooker, let White cook til he fails for real. that being said kid needs to add some muscle to be able to take some hits .... Milano hit not a normal hit I know, but still. 

• Upvote 1