What is Garrett Wilson’s upside?

Just read he is 11th in total receiving yards.  As a rookie playing mostly with Zach Wilson. 

Happy to read he was named a Pro Bowl alternative.

Obviously upside will be dependent on who his future QB is but it is fun to think about, even with a Mike White as QB.

My prediction for 2023 is 100 catches, 1500 yards and 10 TDs.  (average 6 catches + 88 yards per game; double digit TD potential).

Personally reminds me of Harrison and Wayne from Indy.

Your thoughts?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Just read he is 11th in total receiving yards.  As a rookie playing mostly with Zach Wilson. 

Obviously upside will be dependent on who his future QB is but it is fun to think about, even with a Mike White as QB.

My prediction for 2023 is 100 catches, 1500 yards and 10 TDs.  (average 6 catches + 88 yards per game; double digit TD potential).

Your thoughts?

For sure!  The guy is a rookie, and he's only going to get better.  

Put it this way.  If you were an opposing team, and the Jets said that they would trade Wilson, would you not give up 2 first round draft choices for him?  I would.  He's that good.

11 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Your thoughts?

When Wilson was drafted, I did not like the pick  but boy was I wrong about him. The guy looks nothing like a rookie.  I think we have the next DeSean Jackson but taller

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Your thoughts?

I'd say your prediction for 2023 is reasonable. The maturity and skill he's shown in his rookie year is off the charts. Amazing how Ohio State keeps turning out wide receivers.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

If he can gain weight without losing quickness he can special 

Nah, he’s got that wiry sinewy body. You don’t want extra weight on it. He’ll just get hurt. Both him & Sauce have it. It’s freakish, natural and you don’t mess with it. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I've said it before and I will say it again, he is the best WR to come out of the past 2 drafts not named Jamar Chase.

I hope JD models the Bengals and continues to invest in the WR position.  Garrett Wilson, Elijah Moore and Quentin Johnston from the upcoming draft would be an amazing complementary trio

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Your thoughts?

Garrett Wilson's upside:

Infinity War Avengers GIF by Marvel Studios

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

When Wilson was drafted, I did not like the pick  but boy was I wrong about him. The guy looks nothing like a rookie.  I think we have the next DeSean Jackson but taller

I loved the pick. Even before the draft I would have been happy if they took him at 4.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Your thoughts?

Reminds me of Spider-Man.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Reminds me of Spider-Man.

It’s weird, he’s part super smooth and part super glitchy.  Sometimes his body doesn’t seem to know where it’s going.  

Love his body control and ability to make crazy contested catches.  The scouting reports talk about this rare ability to contort his body.  

It’s going to be fun watching some of these younger guys develop over the next few years.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Your thoughts?

What this season could have been with Garrett Breece and AVT all staying healthy, regardless of QB that team goes toe to toe with anyone except maybe the Chiefs but someone could have knocked off the Chiefs for us.  Could have been special.  

When ever those 3 are healthy at the same time the Jets will be a playoff team that’s how good they are IMO.  Like @JiFields once said Breece is like a cheat code, and G Wilson with a good QB could be a double cheat code.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

What this season could have been with Garrett Breece and AVT all staying healthy, regardless of QB that team goes toe to toe with anyone except maybe the Chiefs but someone could have knocked off the Chiefs for us.  Could have been special.  

When ever those 3 are healthy at the same time the Jets will be a playoff team that’s how good they are IMO.  Like @JiFields once said Breece is like a cheat code, and G Wilson with a good QB could be a double cheat code.

I’m telling you, go get another first round stud at WR and watch this offense take off that much more.  If we can’t draft QBs, draft WRs and get an average QB and improve the OLine.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

I've said it before and I will say it again, he is the best WR to come out of the past 2 drafts not named Jamar Chase.

I wasn’t even sure he was the best wr from Ohio state last year. I had Olave rated higher. And after 1 year in the nfl I still don’t know who the better wr is. Lol.   There both studs

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It’s weird, he’s part super smooth and part super glitchy.  Sometimes his body doesn’t seem to know where it’s going.  

Love his body control and ability to make crazy contested catches.  The scouting reports talk about this rare ability to contort his body.  

It’s going to be fun watching some of these younger guys develop over the next few years.  

image.gif.589c5a651ca850753949f77c9058a430.gif

• Upvote 1

Coming out I was concerned a little that he was getting extra production because of Olave on the other side, but turns out they are both really good.

Wilson seems to have it all.  He is already a very solid #1 receiver and can certainly be a Top 5 WR in the NFL.

I am completely OK taking a big bodied receiver early in the next draft to complement him. 

He has All Pro potential.

I love how he can look slightly uncoordinated in his breaks, makes him even harder to cover.

He's fast, runs great routes, good hands, great at 50/50 balls and has shown to be very tough.

Normally a player like Garrett would be considered the best draft pick by that team in the last 5 or 10 years but he's not even the best pick in this draft for the Jets.

Just a magical draft.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Coming out I was concerned a little that he was getting extra production because of Olave on the other side, but turns out they are both really good.

Wilson seems to have it all.  He is already a very solid #1 receiver and can certainly be a Top 5 WR in the NFL.

I am completely OK taking a big bodied receiver early in the next draft to complement him. 

He has All Pro potential.

I love how he can look slightly uncoordinated in his breaks, makes him even harder to cover.

He's fast, runs great routes, good hands, great at 50/50 balls and has shown to be very tough.

Normally a player like Garrett would be considered the best draft pick by that team in the last 5 or 10 years but he's not even the best pick in this draft for the Jets.

Just a magical draft.

And the “third best” draft pick was going to be the runaway OROY before going down. Insanity. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I have to say, when I saw the video of GW going up for the ball against Clemson, and watching him run routes like he did at OSU, I knew he wold be, at a minimum, a very good NFL WR.  

If EM was a pure slot, Berrios a backup and we found an AJ Brown/Deebo type, we would be in business.