Dan Orlovsky: The Jets Would be a Playoff Team With Me At QB

Comedy aside the premise is just flat out wrong.  The jets just lost two games in a row before their last one with a medium, competent game manager.

These guys do not even watch games and see why teams are winning or losing.  The last THREE games the Jets have lost not because of bad QB play but by bad, coaching special teams and defense.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

These guys do not even watch games and see why teams are winning or losing.  The last THREE games the Jets have lost not because of bad QB play but by bad, coaching special teams and defense.

I basically agree - although I would add that Flacco's fumble and some of Wilson's misses were important contributing factors to the last two losses. However, I agree with your overall point - we haven't lost the last three games because of QB play. 

I think Wilson was the biggest reasons we lost both Pats games. 

59 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I basically agree - although I would add that Flacco's fumble and some of Wilson's misses were important contributing factors to the last two losses. However, I agree with your overall point - we haven't lost the last three games because of QB play. 

I think Wilson was the biggest reasons we lost both Pats games. 

Agreed, game one they threw too much because the pats were selling out vs the run and wilson tuned the ball over and the 2nd game wilson was conservative and dreadful.  (In point of fact though we lost the 2nd game due to an awful awful awful punt and kick return).

We have had two games this year we lost by a td or less and we gave up kick return tds. 

4 hours ago, hotrodcharlie said:

good grief. ESPN must give out bonuses to whoever can say the dumbest sh*t

back in the 90s, early 2000s, ESPN was it for me.  Now the only reason to watch is for sporting events.

Any of their other programming is just god awful crap.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The big game day today had me thinking of what the Jets would be like right now if Trevor Lawrence were our QB. If anyone else wants to torture themselves, please, feel free to think about that also.

Thing is... he wasn't available. We passed on Mahommes, Watson, Russel Wilson all while playing a journeyman. 

We suck at the QB position.