Anyone else finding it tough to watch the game tonight?

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

the front office?

Yep,  if you like Mike White this is a lose lose game. If they win they will roll with Wilson, if they lose they're going to roll with Wilson. Also,  I don't think White is as hurt as they're letting on and I think he could've been cleared. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

I have to be honest.  Even though the Jets lost 2 of White’s 3 starts, I really enjoyed watching the games.  It was a breath of fresh air to see the QB move the team and hit both easy and some difficult passes with accuracy and rhythm.
It’s become really tough for me to watch Wilson play.  This isn’t an anti-Wilson post; he is doing his best and likely has issues that run far deeper than ‘his mechanics’.  I’ll be rooting for him even if I find it hard to watch this current version of him.
Anyone else feel this way?
I'm excited ... Weather has me concerned ... But I'm excited.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I have to be honest.  Even though the Jets lost 2 of White’s 3 starts, I really enjoyed watching the games.  It was a breath of fresh air to see the QB move the team and hit both easy and some difficult passes with accuracy and rhythm.

It’s become really tough for me to watch Wilson play.  This isn’t an anti-Wilson post; he is doing his best and likely has issues that run far deeper than ‘his mechanics’.  I’ll be rooting for him even if I find it hard to watch this current version of him.

ill root for him too but it is so tough to watch him make those terrible throws knowing that any decent medocre qb can make. I mean a check down 7 yard should be made every time. Its just frustating. But here is to hoping we see good zach tonight!!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Yep,  if you like Mike White this is a lose lose game. If they win they will roll with Wilson, if they lose they're going to roll with Wilson. Also,  I don't think White is as hurt as they're letting on and I think he could've been cleared. 

I don't agree. 

Even if they lose, they likely aren't eliminated from the playoffs, believe it or not. if they lose and Wilson bombs, they will go back to White as long as they are mathematically alive. 

His (MW) game is easier on the eye and emotional state without a doubt. The end result is what matters though. I don't think ZW is fit to start currently, but it's hard to overlook the faults MW also has, and MW is injured so it is what it is (don't tell that to MW fans though). Maybe MLF will smell the coffee and call a game according the skill set of the person behind center.

• Upvote 4

ill root for him too but it is so tough to watch him make those terrible throws knowing that any decent medocre qb can make. I mean a check down 7 yard should be made every time. Its just frustating. But here is to hoping we see good zach tonight!!
It's a balance between not making the easy throws any QB should make and making throws only 2 or 3 other QBs alive could make.

Sucks .. but it's true.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Wrong. Mike White has a fractured rib and if he was medically cleared to play he would. Injuries suck. 

• Upvote 3

I am so excited to see Zach running around making impressive throws all over the place with a sprinkling of an angina inducing suckery. It is going to be awesome watching our QB of the future mature and blossom. That, and The Strev watching from the sidelines with an evil glare in his eye waiting for his moment.

• Upvote 3

The only thing keeping me interested is that if they lose tonight, they still have a decent shot at the playoffs if Mike White returns for the last two games. I'm not expecting the Jets to win tonight. Lawrence is sizzling hot and the Jets go into the game essentially without a QB. The defense and special teams will have to play perfectly, and the D will have to force some turnovers for a change, for the Jets to have any chance. 

• Upvote 1

First time in forever the Jets have played meaningful football in December and you aren't excited? I'm counting the hours. I don't care who is playing, if my team is in the playoff hunt in December I'm excited to watch it. I've been a fan a long time - this is one of the most exciting Jets teams they've ever had - been watching since mid 70s when I was a little kid.

• Upvote 2

When we remember all of those years when the Jets made the playoffs, with Edwards, Mangini, etc., its not like it was decided before the season.  Almost every time they made the playoffs, they either had to win the last game and/or someone else had to lose.  It always went down to the wire.  This year could follow that pattern...if they make it to the end of the season when it matters.  They need to win tonight for that to happen.  

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

i do as well.  the Minny game was fun to watch.  the lions game was tough.  

i want zach to do well.  just not sure if he's got it yet (or ever).  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

It hasn’t started yet. Can I get back to you? 

• Haha 2