Anyone else finding it tough to watch the game tonight?

41 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I will watch it but its the first time this year I'm indifferent about what happens. I hope the Jets win but the front office has stolen the good vibes this team had going and unfortunately I don't think they'll win tonight. 

what exactly did the front office do in the last month to steal the good vibes?  wierd.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I have to be honest.  Even though the Jets lost 2 of White’s 3 starts, I really enjoyed watching the games.  It was a breath of fresh air to see the QB move the team and hit both easy and some difficult passes with accuracy and rhythm.

It’s become really tough for me to watch Wilson play.  This isn’t an anti-Wilson post; he is doing his best and likely has issues that run far deeper than ‘his mechanics’.  I’ll be rooting for him even if I find it hard to watch this current version of him.

Anyone else feel this way?

I feel exactly that way-enjoyed watching the Jets offense finally function like an NFLoffense is supposed to function and a QB make the throws that we watch week in and week out quarterbacks from other teams make. I don't find it hard to watch this game but as for being excited about it is a whole other story

``````````` 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I have to be honest.  Even though the Jets lost 2 of White’s 3 starts, I really enjoyed watching the games.  It was a breath of fresh air to see the QB move the team and hit both easy and some difficult passes with accuracy and rhythm.

It’s become really tough for me to watch Wilson play.  This isn’t an anti-Wilson post; he is doing his best and likely has issues that run far deeper than ‘his mechanics’.  I’ll be rooting for him even if I find it hard to watch this current version of him.

imagine if we hadn't beaten the Jags that year with a throwaway tank game -- and had TL right now

We'd be talking January rn

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

FWIW, Sharp money has been coming in on the Jets.

Line back to  Jets -2.5

The line moved when Cam Robinson their LT went on IR 

is that sharp money or just bored Jets fans knowing they are going to watch because it's a winter storm outside ?

betting on teams like the Jets, Giants, 49ers and Cowboys comes with a premium because they have a contingent of dumb money fans that bet on them no matter what 

ask me, the spread should be like Jax -4.5 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

FWIW, Sharp money has been coming in on the Jets.

Line back to  Jets -2.5

That’s what happened against Detroit too…

I think the Jets are a little better in the trenches, especially with QW… but have to think TL will spin it for the short throws better than ZW.

Zach was lousy in the wind at Foxboro.   This crap weather will either be so bad that it doesn’t allow Zach to let his head get in the way and he slings it free and beautiful… or he will hardly be able to complete a pass.  

I don’t see much in between…

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

betting on teams like the Jets, Giants, 49ers and Cowboys comes with a premium because they have a contingent of dumb money fans that bet on them no matter what 

LOL - no way

The Jets are as close to the opposite of a public team as you will find. Comparing them to the Cowboys and 49ers in terms of public action is crazy. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

is that sharp money or just bored Jets fans knowing they are going to watch because it's a winter storm outside ?

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl-against-the-spread-records/

lol, strong opinion unfortunately not true.  seems to be the case often

Jets, Giants, cowboys 49ners make up 4 of the top 8 teams against the spread this year.

fun fact, the cowboys had the best record against the spread last year

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's a balance between not making the easy throws any QB should make and making throws only 2 or 3 other QBs alive could make.

Sucks .. but it's true.

Balance?

Balance would be 5 or so of the "elite" throws versus 5 or so of the easy misses, with some form of middle ground in the other throws.

That's not what we're seeing.  We see like 2 fun backyard ball throws (not dissimilar to the Darnold era, btw) and like 10-15 godawful/bad throws and/or decisions.  

That's not "balance".  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nfl-against-the-spread-records/

lol, strong opinion unfortunately not true.  seems to be the case often

Jets, Giants, cowboys 49ners make up 4 of the top 8 teams against the spread this year.

fun fact, the cowboys had the best record against the spread last year

We talk about the spread an awful lot but end of the day it doesn't matter as much as we thought.

I looked at every game ats in the last two years and the avg difference between the spread and where the game ended up was about 10 ppg. 

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LOL - no way

The Jets are as close to the opposite of a public team as you will find. Comparing them to the Cowboys and 49ers in terms of public action is crazy. 

I'm just saying that the Jets fans have money to burn. There's no big dumb money coming in on Jacksonville, ever 

I guess my question is there's money coming in on the Jets tonight, but how do we know it's sharp? 

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's a balance between not making the easy throws any QB should make and making throws only 2 or 3 other QBs alive could make.

Sucks .. but it's true.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

i hear people say this and others comment as such but what throw exactly is one that only 2 or 3 guys alive could make? Have we ever seen him make that type of throw? I dont remember seeing any throw that only he could make. 

That idea doesn't make sense, it sounds like just rationalizing him on some make believe potential we have never seen.

What throw in any game would you consider so good? I mean his 3 and 19 last game  or some of the other low probability throws were not some amazing thing only he could do. Just the play breaking down because of him being hesitant and not doing what he was supposed to do, then seeing his WR scramble.

I m not trying to troll you, but this idea that he makes some special throws. bro D Mills can make scramble throws.

I root for the Jets, and we essentially control our own destiny vis-à-vis the playoffs, so I’m definitely excited to watch.

That said, I’ve had trouble watching the Jets offense with Zach since his 4th or 5th game last year. By this point, I’m so over him that I’m actually genuinely happy and surprised if a pass play doesn’t end as a failure. In that way, Mike was definiteky a breath of fresh air.

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm just saying that the Jets fans have money to burn. There's no big dumb money coming in on Jacksonville, ever 

I guess my question is there's money coming in on the Jets tonight, but how do we know it's sharp? 

I'm not sure how much money any particular fanbase has to burn, but I'm just telling you that the Jets aren't a big public team historically, even when they are good. Keep in mind that the Jets have been favored in, what, 1 game all season? Maybe 2? 

Do we know the money on the Jets is sharp? No - just guessing. Currently, 69% of the bess are on the Jags tonight, but the line has moved favorably towards the Jets: 

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nfl/public-betting-money-percentages-jaguars-jets-thursday-night-football/

That suggests at least moderate sharp action on the Jets to me

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Yep,  if you like Mike White this is a lose lose game. If they win they will roll with Wilson, if they lose they're going to roll with Wilson. Also,  I don't think White is as hurt as they're letting on and I think he could've been cleared. 

Dr Choon328.  Your medical degree is from where?  

I don't see it. I think they would have LOVED White to excel to make the decision clear,

40 minutes ago, bitonti said:

That's what Payne said on the Bet The Board pod recorded today.  They are not touching the game but apparently some shops are taking the Jets side late.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

That’s what happened against Detroit too…

I think the Jets are a little better in the trenches, especially with QW… but have to think TL will spin it for the short throws better than ZW.

Zach was lousy in the wind at Foxboro.   This crap weather will either be so bad that it doesn’t allow Zach to let his head get in the way and he slings it free and beautiful… or he will hardly be able to complete a pass.  

I don’t see much in between…

Yeah, I took the Jets and lost last week. Not putting anything down on them today. Zach is too much of a wildcard.

My only action will be deciding to start or sit Garret Wilson in the fantasy playoff semi-final. I keep changing my mind every 30 minutes. 

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Of course it is an anti Wilson post. And no I get super excited for every game but a game like tonight that has meaningful playoff implications? I am ultra excited. Aren't we fans of the Jets? Seems people are too wrapped around Whites balls to remember  that

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Of course it is an anti Wilson post. And no I get super excited for every game but a game like tonight that has meaningful playoff implications? I am ultra excited. Aren't we fans of the Jets? Seems people are too wrapped around Whites balls to remember  that

It's not an anti Wilson post.  Like I wrote in the OP, I'm rooting for the kid.  At this point, I just find it hard watching the offense perform with him at QB.  

I'm excited too, maybe just a tad afraid to watch because I'm not feeling very confident.  Hope he proves me wrong and kills it tonight!