A defense of Zach-coaching

PositiveJet

4 hours ago, PositiveJet said:

5 rushing yards on 5 carries in a rain storm. This is one of the worst coaching performances I have seen in my 45 years of watching Jets football. 

This is a really bad look for Saleh. 

Hard to run when the defense doesn’t fear the pass.  

Its over.  In spectacular fashion.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, PositiveJet said:

5 rushing yards on 5 carries in a rain storm. This is one of the worst coaching performances I have seen in my 45 years of watching Jets football. 

This is a really bad look for Saleh. 

Did you not see the Jags sold out to play the run ? They had zero fear of our QB and rightfully so. Its hard to run the ball when defenses have no fear of your QB ....Did you watch Knight and TY Johnson when MW played ? Did you watch the entire offense ? 

• Upvote 2

Did you not see the Jags sold out to play the run ? They had zero fear of our QB and rightfully so. Its hard to run the ball when defenses have no fear of your QB ....Did you watch Knight and TY Johnson when MW played ? Did you watch the entire offense ? 
5 .. five ... Yards ... Five

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

Zach’s biggest fan is MLF. 

Zach being probably the worst QB ever drafted first round hides how bad MLF is at calling a game. 

Is that even possible??  The worst?  He's got to be in the conversation.

Think about how much you suck to be in the conversation of JETS biggest busts.

It just might be Zach.

Here's my complaint:

Why not let ZW run with the football a little bit?  I'm not even saying a designed run.  Just let him run if he drops back and there's nothing there (the same way Trevor did last night).   ZW has speed and he's not tiny or anything.  If he becomes a threat in that regard, it can open things up a little bit.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Is that even possible??  The worst?  He's got to be in the conversation.

Think about how much you suck to be in the conversation of JETS biggest busts.

It just might be Zach.

Number 2 pick in the draft benched for a CFL player that can’t throw the ball….. not sure how much worse you could get 

In his 2nd year might I add 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I was dumbfounded and a loss of words at what I saw last night!!!!

This offseason Zach Wilson better start learning the playbook again and start watching game films to learn defenses because so far, he isn't cutting it as the starter. He showed flashes early in the season and then he falls down on his face. For a highly touted QB, playing in almost the same system in college should be playing better this season. 

Right now, this upcoming season I expect a QB competition between Wilson and White. I personally don't want to hand the job over to White but he has proven himself that he can play in this system. Wilson is only showing me that he is a slow learner and doesn't know how to make adjustments at the line against defenses. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Here's my complaint:

Why not let ZW run with the football a little bit?  I'm not even saying a designed run.  Just let him run if he drops back and there's nothing there (the same way Trevor did last night).   ZW has speed and he's not tiny or anything.  If he becomes a threat in that regard, it can open things up a little bit.  

thinking the same thing.  streveler came in and ran pretty well.  the times when wilson does play action to the outside he can actually make good passes.  when the middle is clogged up he's pretty bad.  doesn't lafleur see the same thing?  there is no reason to save wilson in a game like last night's for the next game.  if they don't win the game is moot.

and while we're at it, it's not a good look for the players to come to a game dressed in christmas  costmues.  just who was the brainiac who thought that was good?  those guys needed to come to the game ready to bite nails in half.  there was no sense of urgency or emotion. after william's strip sack there weren't any really outstanding plays (certainly little pressure on lawrence) until clemons and johnson nearly got him late in the fourth.

Zach was sabotaged by the whole team this season by Saleh changing the freaking qb every week and not developing him at all. His line got him murdered this week even as he tried to stay in the pocket and the run game was non existent and everyone just blames Zach, Mike white will never be a franchise anything but backup  either so people need to stop looking at him like he is the next Patrick Mahomes. The jets will be perpetually bad if they keep going two years and throwing out qb’s without developing them cause there is no patience anymore and until they take that time they won’t find anyone and the mistakes Zach is making you can work with. I would rather a guy who just needs some mechanical fixes to hit simple passes rather then a guy like Darnold who couldn’t even read a defense. If everyone keeps blaming the qb the whole time without even playing two full seasons then good luck ever getting a franchise qb and the jets never will if they keep doing this sh*t, develop him, take the good with the bad and shut up. Also the jets knew he was raw coming out and he was thrown right into the fire, I can se him become the next best qb on another team in classic jets fashion on teams who actually game plan around him and take time to help him out. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Prepare 2 Takeoff said:

Zach was sabotaged by the whole team this season by Saleh changing the freaking qb every week and not developing him at all. His line got him murdered this week even as he tried to stay in the pocket and the run game was non existent and everyone just blames Zach, Mike white will never be a franchise anything but backup  either so people need to stop looking at him like he is the next Patrick Mahomes. The jets will be perpetually bad if they keep going two years and throwing out qb’s without developing them cause there is no patience anymore and until they take that time they won’t find anyone and the mistakes Zach is making you can work with. I would rather a guy who just needs some mechanical fixes to hit simple passes rather then a guy like Darnold who couldn’t even read a defense. If everyone keeps blaming the qb the whole time without even playing two full seasons then good luck ever getting a franchise qb and the jets never will if they keep doing this sh*t, develop him, take the good with the bad and shut up. Also the jets knew he was raw coming out and he was thrown right into the fire, I can se him become the next best qb on another team in classic jets fashion on teams who actually game plan around him and take time to help him out. 

OK.  Now explain why Zach Wilson was, by a pretty wide gap, still the 5th best QB we've seen taken snaps with the Jets over the last 2 seasons, as he got well outperformed by a 5th round pick from another team, a journeyman, a 37-year old in semi-retirement, and a CFL backup.  

Or did the Jets ONLY fail Zach Wilson, as opposed to the other 4 guys?