JD pulling the strings

choon328

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He could have got the same deal SF traded to move up to 3 to get trey lance.

12th overall, a 3rd rounder and a 1st rounder the next two years.  He turned it down flat.

I liked his last draft but he should have been fired for Wilson and Becton and probably still should be - you can’t bomb on two high first round picks 

his qb knowledge is bad at best 

Morgan Wilson Flacco offfa 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

I usually don’t believe stuff like this but I think this could be true. Josina is pretty plugged in. Plus Daniel Jeremiah, a close friend of JD, has been defending Zach of late.

Personally, I think the front office wants to see more of Zach to be absolute sure he is not the guy before the offseason. DJ said, Zach and ML are not a good match. Then he defends Zach during the game calling out the offensive creativity. One of ML and Zach is going to lose their job this offseason. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

JD isn’t a stupid man, Wilson is done here, It’s over, if White was healthy he’d be playing. Wilson will be gone or the Gm and coach will be gone.

Yeah, I think this is most likely.  And since White was NOT healthy, perhaps JD indeed decided to ride Wilson until the wheels fell off.

Meanwhile, they activate Streveler to see what they have, but JD leaves the call up to Saleh on when to bring him in and how much?  Maybe. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The conspiracy theory predeliction that has been propagated and normalized by propaganda from both sides of the political aisle is turning people into idiotic automotons that will believe every piece of hysterical drivel if it will further the narrative they went to cloak themselves in.  

Vine Ok GIF

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That one is going to leave a mark. He will have to fix it by signing a veteran QB that has the talent to win a Super Bowl.

But the last draft is going to forgive a lot. Breece is the 2nd best playmaker that Douglas drafted. Before he was taken, the Jets took a pro bowl WR and CB.

Wilson pick isn't looking good for sure but by all means, please let Joe Douglas keep pulling the strings. He deserves it.

I agree.

Even with the Wilson whiff, he’s still put this team in prime position to be competitive for years.

But the organization must quickly regroup and shift and use these final 2 games to evaluate Mike White, who is an impending UFA.

There is no need to waste any snaps on Wilson the rest of this season.

If they want to give him a full offseason to lick his wounds and do some soul searching, so be it.

But they need to see what Mike White can do these last 2 games provided he’s healthy enough to go.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

Read into the tweet by Josina how you want but I've been telling you that these last 2 games has been orchestrated by JD to make sure Wilson got another shot. He used the injury to White to make it happen. I'm a firm believer that the Jets medical staff wouldn't clear White bc the Jets didn't want him cleared. Saleh said it himself in that first press conference about the injury,  "We're going to save the young man from himself". In a press conference this week he said, "Even if he gets cleared the team doctors will still have to clear him". White could've went to 100 doctors, the Jets were never going to clear him. The front office manufactured this and killed the Jets playoff hopes.

It should be noted that Woody Johnson considers himself part of the “front office” and has always had a hand in who plays QB. Cimini has been hinting at this all year—Woody is back and has been very involved. IMO there is NO WAY Douglas tries to repeat the Carson Wentz mistake he personally witnessed in Philly by forcing Saleh’s hand on Zach. This is a Woody enterprise. Zach Wilson has been managed from on high by Team Wilson via Woody Johnson. It ain’t a conspiracy.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He could have easily said something like we needed to try something else because the offense was stagnant and it was a must win. Instead he very deliberately danced around it.

Isn't that the same as saying we were looking for a spark?  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Isn't that the same as saying we were looking for a spark?  

You must not have watched?

He made it a point to explain they just brought him in to get the running game going and the intention wasn't to keep him in. But then they kept him in because they were moving the ball. And then after the first drive they kept him in because stuff.

It was weird.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

Stop, he wasn't cleared by 10 other doctors not employed by the JETS... JD has no decision on who plays for this team, it's all Saleh.

While MW likely has a ribs injury, this 10 doctors thing is as big a joke as Zach is 5-2 (LOLOL!). No doctors is overruling the Jets doctors and putting his/her license on the line. Cmon now. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have to say Saleh's explanation for putting streveler in and keeping him in was really awkward. It seemed forced and didn't make much sense.

He could have easily said something like we needed to try something else because the offense was stagnant and it was a must win. Instead he very deliberately danced around it.

He tried to say Strev was basically a RB — not a QB. He wasn’t actually wrong. ?