I'll say it again...no more draft pick QB's need a Veteran

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

• Joe Namath (1965 - Pick 1.1)

End of list.

Good/OK additional Jets QBs taken in the 1st:

• Richard Todd (1976 - Pick 1.6)
  • Ken O'Brien (1983 - Pick 1.24)
  • Chad Pennington (2000 - Pick 1.18)

I obviously agree completely with your pick of Joe Namath being our only truly great QB evidenced by both winning possibly the most important Super Bowl in history and being selected to the Hall of Fame.

I also agree with your 2nd tier QB selections of our good but not great QB’s (the order can be debated).

I am assuming most posters will agree with these QB selections and if they do it shows we haven’t drafted a good QB in the first round in over 20 years . . . which then begs the question why do so many posters believe we somehow magically get it right next year by taking our 4th 1st round selection of QB since 2009?

21 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I obviously agree completely with your pick of Joe Namath being our only truly great QB evidenced by both winning possibly the most important Super Bowl in history and being selected to the Hall of Fame.

I also agree with your 2nd tier QB selections of our good but not great QB’s (the order can be debated).

I am assuming most posters will agree with these QB selections and if they do it shows we haven’t drafted a good QB in the first round in over 20 years . . . which then begs the question why do so many posters believe we somehow magically get it right next year by taking our 4th 1st round selection of QB since 2009?

Well the current regime can’t be held responsible for 50 years of failure.  But so far they’re 0/1. 

Eventually this franchise will need to draft a QB of its own.  But at the moment it’s best to “buy not build”.  This team is ready to win playoff games and needs a steady hand at the QB position.  Not a kid.  Short of finding a Justin Herbert type who plays great right out of the gates, the vet route needs to be the next plan.  

Ideally we sign a vet AND draft one as a developmental piece but I don’t think the drafted needs to be in 2023 nor does it have to be a 1st rounder.  

• Upvote 1