A couple of ships that have sailed

Green Ghost

Aside from the obvious ones like our playoff hopes and any thought of Zach Wilson becoming a competent NFL QB
1. Streveler as a starting QB he is a package QB, nothing more. 
2. Robert Saleh isn’t half the coach people here think he is. He’s getting exposed weekly now. Time management this week, getting his coaching ass handed to him by Pederson tonight.
One more, and this is the most alarming. Bart Scott and Willie Colon were beside themselves with Players showing up in bunny and grinch costumes. I’m not sure about the “bunnies” but apparently someone was warming up in pre game in the grinch thing.
Willie: “who do these guys think they are? This game was for your playoff lives” Bart on the grinch “I would’ve ripped it off him right on the field.” I mean, wtf is going on with this team? Who is holding anyone accountable?
Saleh is a new generation coach ... Fitzpatrick mentioned it in his post game ... It's all about touchy feely not letting anyone feel bad.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson is ******* terrible and the org wasted so much time and so many resources catering to him that it set their program back—not just from a performance perspective, but also from a credibility perspective. The good news is that they can tell Team Wilson to pound sand and get down to the dirty work of coaching a football team and not a day care.

I think it time for Saleh to sit down with this team and (to steal a line from Willie Colon tonight) have a “come to Jesus moment”.

Just knock off the BS. If White is healthy tell everyone he’s your QB, and it’s his team going forward. Not only in the Seattle game, but it’s his job. Period. 

Next thing he needs to make everyone understand is the losing isn’t going to be accepted anymore, and people will be held accountable. Not just the players, but also those on his staff.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks. It’s the silver lining of having a generational bust. Cut bait, move on, no questions, no meandering for two more years.

Yeah it's embarrassing but not the worse scenario. I mean, the Chargers got Brees and Rivers shortly after Leaf flamed out. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I feel strangely relieved about today. Squashed all belief that he could be something and it allows us to look forward and start planning our future at QB sooner. 

I genuinely think him being mediocre and floating around for 4 or something years would be worse. You can cut bait faster if he's outright bad. 

The crowd spoke loud and clear tonight. We’re done with Zach Wilson.

It doesn’t even matter anymore how the players feel about him. There is no way they can sell him to the fan base again.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I told you and others that mike white and those other clowns showing up in mighty ducks costume was embarrassing and showed a lack of discipline

This road we previously went down with Wilkerson and Richardson and it got progressively worse. We never learn. Give them an inch and they’ll take a mile. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Another nationally televised game, where we came off playing the fools. Once again we’re a  freaking laughingstock to the entire country.

My buddy, an Eagles fan, texted me right before kickoff asking me when the last time Al Michaels called a Jets game. It was the buttfumble game. :bag:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Another nationally televised game, where we came off playing the fools. Once again we’re a  freaking laughingstock to the entire country.

That’s the narrative every year, different scenario, same result, just better promotion and marketing. That’s all they ever will be as we keep chasing the BS. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Aside from the obvious ones like our playoff hopes and any thought of Zach Wilson becoming a competent NFL QB

1. Streveler as a starting QB he is a package QB, nothing more. 
2. Robert Saleh isn’t half the coach people here think he is. He’s getting exposed weekly now. Time management last week, getting his coaching ass handed to him by Pederson tonight.

One more, and this is the most alarming. Bart Scott and Willie Colon were beside themselves about players showing up in bunny and grinch costumes. I’m not sure about the “bunnies” but apparently someone was warming up in pre game in the grinch thing.

Willie: “who do these guys think they are? This game was for your playoff lives” Bart on the grinch “I would’ve ripped it off him right on the field.” I mean, wtf is going on with this team? Who is holding anyone accountable?

Our playoff hopes are unlikely but not dead. We are probably in slightly better shape than when Rex declared us out of the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

One more, and this is the most alarming. Bart Scott and Willie Colon were beside themselves about players showing up in bunny and grinch costumes. I’m not sure about the “bunnies” but apparently someone was warming up in pre game in the grinch thing.

These guys play a kids game, couldn't care less how they dress. How do you play on the field is the only question I ask.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I feel strangely relieved about today. Squashed all belief that he could be something and it allows us to look forward and start planning our future at QB sooner. 

I genuinely think him being mediocre and floating around for 4 or something years would be worse. You can cut bait faster if he's outright bad. 

This is actually a huge positive from tonight....even after last week you still had clowns acting like a few jump balls proved Wilson was gonna figure it out and turn into Patrick Mahomes.....the argument is dead now and we don't have to waste another year it's time to figure out who the next QB is.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’ve been saying this for weeks. It’s the silver lining of having a generational bust. Cut bait, move on, no questions, no meandering for two more years.

Wilson did the team a favor it that regard because it isn't even worthy of a discussion. He can't start another game here. If he backs up a vet here the next two years and you want to have him compete after that, go for it.

He is broken, he isn't ready, he isn't going to get better right now.

He needs the old school treatment. Back up for 5 years. Give it a try then but get handed nothing.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Wilson did the team a favor it that regard because it isn't even worthy of a discussion. He can't start another game here. If he backs up a vet here the next two years and you want to have him compete after that, go for it.

He needs the old school treatment. Back up for 5 years. Give it a try then but get handed nothing.

He’s not even a backup. He cannot be on the roster next season. I’d rather cut him and get nothing than keep him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

This is actually a huge positive from tonight....even after last week you still had clowns acting like a few jump balls proved Wilson was gonna figure it out and turn into Patrick Mahomes.....the argument is dead now and we don't have to waste another year it's time to figure out who the next QB is.

exactly. and more importantly the few clowns that we hear from our inside sources at "one Jets drive" who still think they can make Zach a NFL QB

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think you’re being too kind Max. They have to put this kid on the first stagecoach outta Dodge City as soon as they can. No way he can sit around  for 2-3 more years being a distraction.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I think you’re being too kind Max. They have to put this kid on the first stagecoach outta Dodge City as soon as they can. No way he can sit around  for 2-3 more years being a distraction.

When I say backup for 5 years I am talking old school NFL. The teams had a 3rd string guy that doesn't see the field for a few years in a row.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

agreed. 

as long as he is around they might want to give him another try and a few good weeks of practice. 

you cant live next door from you ex GF who you still care about and see her every day cause your going to end up back with her. no matter how bad she is for you.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, doitny said:

agreed. 

as long as he is around they might want to give him another try and a few good weeks of practice. 

you cant live next door from you ex GF who you still care about and see her every day cause your going to end up back with her. no matter how bad she is for you.

Exactly.

we’re on the same page my friend. I don’t even want to read any more posts about wanting to see him “sit and learn”. This kid just ain’t the one. It’s time to cut bait.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It was obvious tonight that the team knows Strevelers arm isn't NFL caliber.

When he threw the ball, it was obvious that the team is right.

Cool story. But he is a specialty package guy, nothing more.

Mike White is the only QB on the roster that matters. Get him healthy and let's see him for two more games.

@T0mShane took so many hits for this, but he has been right all along.

Being right sometimes has to be it’s own reward here. So many took so many hits. It’s been ugly, Max.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

What a clueless take.

You think Belichek or Tomlin would’ve been okay with one of their LB’s out there warming up in a Grinch costume?

I'm sure they wouldn't but we have seen guys dressing up in outrageous getups for years. Dressing up like the grinch before Christmas is hardly a crazy thing. I think the team just gave up on Zach.

• Upvote 3