Big Test For Saleh - Team Unity During Adversity

From what I could tell, the team held together pretty well last night in terms of not throwing blame at one another.  Conklin defended ZW.  Pretty sure Mosley did too.  I didn't hear GW speak but I don't see any major headlines about the infighting so that's good.  It also felt (to me) like the team fought hard until the end.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Jets won 2 of their final 3 under Gase with zero playoffs hopes. “Fighting hard to the end” doesn’t make me feel better about a HC but the team giving up would absolutely make me feel worse. It’s one of those pass/fail things IMHO.

PS: Saleh has earned another season IMHO so the comment above is a general one.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

From what I could tell, the team held together pretty well last night in terms of not throwing blame at one another.  Conklin defended ZW.  Pretty sure Mosley did too.  I didn't hear GW speak but I don't see any major headlines about the infighting so that's good.  It also felt (to me) like the team fought hard until the end.  

You felt like the team fought hard? We were watching different games and unfortunately I was watching in person. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They probably know that he is done as a NFL QB and wanted to indirectly share their condolences. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

You felt like the team fought hard? We were watching different games and unfortunately I was watching in person. 

I phrased it poorly.  I meant more that I felt like the team didn't quit.  And maybe I'm wrong about that too.  But I felt like the offense didn't give up at the end.  The defense felt like it was demoralized to me but I didn't think they gave up.

• Sympathy 1

Team unity will be just fine. It’s the holidays- and now they know the collapse is all but complete everyone can officially check out mentally and plan their vacation.

Its a business- wish I was about to be off work for months at a time in just a few weeks. 

Thinking all the players and unity will be at its highest point now 

10 minutes ago, Bronx said:

They probably know that he is done as a NFL QB and wanted to indirectly share their condolences. 

It has nothing to do with it. The Jets PR people tell these guys not to make a headline. The media is just looking for a player to throw Wilson under the bus publicly. 

48 minutes ago, PositiveJet said:

This has nothing to do with Saleh. It’s the Jets PR people.

Saleh watched his team no show in the biggest Jets game in years. He’s now 1-5 after the bye. I try to be positive but Saleh sucks. 

For the second year in a row they played the Patriots after the bye and weren’t ready to play both times. They regressed after the bye, wtf were they doing? That’s how kotite used to use the bye, as a vacation.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The team looked like they wanted to be in the Bahamas last night. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Saleh has already failed his first big test. He needed to beat Detroit and Jacksonville at home and keep our playoffs hope alive. The team was flat, undisciplined, and sloppy all night in the biggest game of the season on national TV. They have now lost 5 of their last 6 games. 

First big test: F

And he admitted he can’t multi task while managing the game against the lions lol the time on the clock (letting 55 seconds run off) was more important than a challenge. And we only needed a fg to tie it.

• Upvote 1

Step 1

Promote Irv Charles, Strev, and any other player from PS that has been working ass off all season

Step 2

Sit Mims, Moore, or any other malcontent trying to divide locker room or asking for trades

Step 3

Put everyone on notice coaches included that the next 2 games will determine their future with the Jets

Step 4

Put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye.