Two NFL quarterbacks on field.

Jim dean

Zac was not one of them.he could not have won that game under any circumstances.Streveler although rough around the edges .probably would have.Having him as QB 2 on any team in the league is so obvious.like baseball wheñ your starter is not performing you bring in a reliever.why does football refuse to do this?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Streveler sucks. The amazing part is he played better than Zach.  The jets starting QB next year better not be some borderline starter bullsh*t. They need to make a bold move 

Agree that Streveler sucks but also agree he outplayed ZW.

Making a bold move at QB can be dangerous though as we saw with the Broncos and Russel Wilson.  JD is really going to have his hands full with that this offseason.  QBs just don't come cheap.  Not even MW would.  I still think TB12 is a nice way to punt that position for a year but it's probably a pipe dream.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jim dean said:

Zac was not one of them.he could not have won that game under any circumstances.Streveler although rough around the edges .probably would have.Having him as QB 2 on any team in the league is so obvious.like baseball wheñ your starter is not performing you bring in a reliever.why does football refuse to do this?

Strev is no QB2.  At best he's a guy you "mix it up" with (like a Tebow or Taysom Hill).  But it's kind of silly to worry about him.  A lot of QB1's today can run anyway.  Trevor certainly did last night.  ZW can do this as well but this CS seems to refuse to let him.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, PositiveJet said:

I don’t think the biggest problem was QB. If the Jags wanted to put up 40 last night I think they could have. The defense was awful. 

Nah. They couldn’t finish, which happens in the NFL. Our fanbase would bury TLaw for not scoring enough touchdowns last night. Same as they did to MW. Because we can’t have nice things.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

Nah. They couldn’t finish, which happens in the NFL. Our fanbase would bury TLaw for not scoring enough touchdowns last night. Same as they did to MW. Because we can’t have nice things.  

Stop it.  Trevor Lawrence would've worked out here, just like he's working out in Jax.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Stop it.  Trevor Lawrence would've worked out here, just like he's working out in Jax.  

You would’ve had jets fans crying. Last night was too “dink&dunk.” That’s literally what a % of Jets fans said after MW had a HOF performance vs the Bengals. We get what we deserve. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

You would’ve had jets fans crying. Last night was too “dink&dunk.” That’s literally what a % of Jets fans said after MW had a HOF performance vs the Bengals. We get what we deserve. 

The dumbest narrative around this team is that it's the fans' fault.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Strev is no QB2.  At best he's a guy you "mix it up" with (like a Tebow or Taysom Hill).  But it's kind of silly to worry about him.  A lot of QB1's today can run anyway.  Trevor certainly did last night.  ZW can do this as well but this CS seems to refuse to let him.  

I don't think he wants to be there.thinking about the milf!!!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

mixing it up does not work in the NFL. How have the saints faired? Streveler is a wasted roster spot. So is Zach. The issue only 1 of them were the 2nd pick in the draft. 

39 minutes ago, PositiveJet said:

I don’t think the biggest problem was QB. If the Jags wanted to put up 40 last night I think they could have. The defense was awful. 

Jets' offense is so awful with Wilson, opposing teams don't have to risk much to beat them. Not really fair to bag the defense who were again hung out to dry by the 3 and out machine. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Zach Wilson is the worst QB I have ever seen.  He should never play in another NFL game again unless he goes through some kind of massive and highly unlikely reinvention of himself.  The Jets brains trust simply needs to stop trotting him out there when he is clearly not ready to play in this league.

Newsflash #1:  I am not going to win the Men's 100M gold medal at the next Olympics

Newsflash #2:  No matter how much training I do and how much improvement that I may experience as a sprinter, I am NEVER going to win a 100M gold medal in ANY Olympics.

To the GM.  Stop insulting the fan base and own the idea that you made a Ryan Leaf-like historically bad pick.

To Salah:  Stop rolling him out there just because the GM may want some cover.

We all want success for our team but this is not the way.

To the GM (#2):  Fix the O-line and find this defense a plausible experienced option at QB.  If you do end up taking a risk on another QB somewhere in the draft then please announce immediately that he will not start for this team until or unless he has EARNED the start in practice.  Something that Wilson was never asked to do.

We should never have to experience another game like last night ever again.  It was embarrassing.

Excellent……the team was lifeless for one reason.  They knew they had no chance w Zach.  It’s pretty simple 

43 minutes ago, Jim dean said:

An NFL quarterback would have had a touchdown to CJ Uzomah, who was running free and uncovered. Your guy couldn't get the ball to him. He's not a bad story and he certainly isn't a bad third string option, but he cannot make NFL throws

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, TNJet said:

And still gives us a better chance to win than Zach.

That may be right now, because seeing Wilson’s presser he is totally lost mentally right now.

On the field, Streveler is a right-handed, bearded, tatted Tebow. With a far weaker arm, at that.

It’s easy to pretend the outcomes for 1 quarter plus 3 min are the same for a full game (let alone multiple full games) when the opposing D prepares the week for his totally unorthodox QB play. Mid-game, yeah it takes a little time to adjust. They don’t know how much to play him keeping it or how much to cover the secondary, not knowing if he can actually throw >15 yards. Meanwhile even with Streveler’s quirky-weird moxy, we still didn’t get into the endzone anyway.

With a normal week prepping for Streveler at QB it’d be ugly. He’s not a QB.

Not that Wilson is right now either, but even Wilson wasn’t this bad earlier in the season. Right now it’s a pleasant shock if he even completes a 5 yard forward pass. At least for the rest of this season, he’s totally fried mentally. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That may be right now, because seeing Wilson’s presser he is totally lost mentally right now.

On the field, Streveler is a right-handed, bearded, tatted Tebow. With a far weaker arm, at that.

It’s easy to assume the outcomes for 1 quarter plus 3 min are the same for a full game (let alone multiple full games) when the opposing D prepares the week for his totally unorthodox QB play. Mid-game, yeah it takes a little time to adjust. They don’t know how much to play him keeping it or how much to cover the secondary, not knowing if he can actually throw >15 yards. Meanwhile even with Streveler’s quirky-weird moxy, we still didn’t get into the endzone anyway.

With a normal week prepping for Streveler at QB it’d be ugly. He’s not a QB.

Not that Wilson is right now either, but even Wilson wasn’t this bad earlier in the season. Right now it’s a pleasant shock if he even completes a 5 yard forward pass. At least for the rest of this season, he’s totally fried mentally. 

Sperm, if we win the next 2 with Strev or White can we pussily back into the post season?

24 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sperm, if we win the next 2 with Strev or White can we pussily back into the post season?

Mathematically yes, but it’s not going to happen. The amount of help they need is just unlikely.

And they’re not winning 2 games with Strev at QB. He was a total surprise change of pace halfway through the 2nd half of the game.

I was cheering with every positive gainer like everyone else, but the truth is he’s just terrible.

That clip above that @Barry McCockinner posted sealed it for me mid-game, once they showed on replay how open he was. There’s a decent chance even Wilson, in his depressed mental state, throws a TD there. There are a dozen guys on this board now this morning that throw a TD pass there, too. 

He’s not a QB. He’s like a pet. I like my pets, but they don’t start at QB other than for the novelty of it. Or unless we’re tanking.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Mathematically yes, but it’s not going to happen. The amount of help they need is just unlikely.

And they’re not winning 2 games with Strev at QB. He was a total surprise change of pace halfway through the 2nd half of the game.

I was cheering with every positive gainer like everyone else, but the truth is he’s just terrible.

That clip above that @Barry McCockinner posted sealed it for me mid-game, once they showed on replay how open he was. There’s a decent chance even Wilson, in his depressed mental state, throws a TD there. There are a dozen guys on this board now that throw a TD pass there, too. 

He’s not a QB. He’s like a pet. I like my pets, but they don’t start at QB other than for the novelty of it. Or unless we’re tanking.

But we would be sweeping Miami if we win out....Strev might be able to get wins playing a Tebow type wildcat offense. Heck Rotate Flacco in on passing downs and Strev on 3rd and short lol

6 minutes ago, TNJet said:

But we would be sweeping Miami if we win out....Strev might be able to get wins playing a Tebow type wildcat offense. Heck Rotate Flacco in on passing downs and Strev on 3rd and short lol

No, he can’t. He’s terrible.

Miami is a real team, not preseason guys who aren’t making any NFL roster. Let them prep the week for him and you’ll see it more colorfully. Also you can’t call a game while announcing to the other team what you’re calling.

”Yo, Pete — we’re passing here, ok?” if he could hear you over the fan noise in Seattle.

The scenario you describe requires the D to pitch a shutout. Twice. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Jets' offense is so awful with Wilson, opposing teams don't have to risk much to beat them. Not really fair to bag the defense who were again hung out to dry by the 3 and out machine. 

Yup.  Last two games the defense gave up 32 points (excludes the PR TD).  Against the 31st and 24th ranked defenses in the NFL.  Should have been good enough to win.  The only points we scored last night were following a 3 play, -3 yard drive.  Our starting QB threw for 92 yards, 27 on one play.  The only decent drvie we put together was with a 4th string gimmicky QB.  Defense was not great but battled.  Offense was not even close to what you expect from an NFL team.  It was like watching Luke Falk trying to run an NFL offense.

The D were not at their best last night, bent but didn't break and gave up 19.  And yet we had no chance.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Last two games the defense gave up 32 points (excludes the PR TD).  Against the 31st and 24th ranked defenses in the NFL.  Should have been good enough to win.  The only points we scored last night were following a 3 play, -3 yard drive.  Our starting QB threw for 92 yards, 27 on one play.  The only decent drvie we put together was with a 4th string gimmicky QB.  Defense was not great but battled.  Offense was not even close to what you expect from an NFL team.  It was like watching Luke Falk trying to run an NFL offense.

The D were not at their best last night, bent but didn't break and gave up 19.  And yet we had no chance.

Never mind how quickly they have to march back out there, and having to do so while so dejected after the offense does nothing yet again.

Granted the D got a lot of help from the weather last night - Lawrence also had a couple easy-throw misfires & I think a couple drops, too - but still. 

The fact of the matter is that teams like the Jaguars and Dolphins have improved faster than the Jets did.  

Streveler is not an NFL QB.

Many on this board predicted 7 wins for this season.  I think 8 would be a home run.  I don't see 8 happening, and it is not worth it.  This roster is not building anything.  Take the two losses and the higher draft pick.   See where Justin Fields and Mac Jones were picked.  If the Jets can get a QB like that for next year to go along with a temp veteran, that would be progress.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That clip above that @Barry McCockinner posted sealed it for me mid-game, once they showed on replay how open he was. There’s a decent chance even Wilson, in his depressed mental state, throws a TD there. There are a dozen guys on this board now this morning that throw a TD pass there, too. 

He also avoided the rush which gave him the chance on that terrible COMPLETiON.maybe just a tad nervous.you think