Ok, here's how we fix this...Fool proof

Probably safe to say they would want to go the veteran/proven route over a rookie- 

1. Do everything you can to see what it would take to get Lamar Jackson here. If not possible, go to step 2.

2. Resign Mike White. Sign another veteran QB like Brissett/Minshew. Draft a guy outside round 1. 

3. Avoid Jimmy G. I know it's enticing. But he's injured too often and will be too much money. Settle for the Jets version in Mike White. Same goes for Derek Carr. 

OR

Call teams in the Top 5 of the draft and see what they're looking for to move up. Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Seattle all could be targets to move up. Go after CJ Stroud or Bryce Young. Richardson is not meant for this team right now. Don't destroy that kids future. 

If you go Step 2. Do everything you can to build around Breece Hall and the run game. Make sure you walk away with that that beast FB in the draft. Replace Tomlinson, Fant, and maybe McGovern. 

Also - Immediately call Frank Reich and ask him if he's taking a HC position, if not, throw the bag at him to come here to be OC or whatever the F he wants. Find any sort of veteran coaching you can add to the offensive side. 

You're welcome.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Probably safe to say they would want to go the veteran/proven route over a rookie- 

1. Do everything you can to see what it would take to get Lamar Jackson here. If not possible, go to step 2.

2. Resign Mike White. Sign another veteran QB like Brissett/Minshew. Draft a guy outside round 1. 

3. Avoid Jimmy G. I know it's enticing. But he's injured too often and will be too much money. Settle for the Jets version in Mike White. Same goes for Derek Carr. 

OR

Call teams in the Top 5 of the draft and see what they're looking for to move up. Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Seattle all could be targets to move up. Go after CJ Stroud or Bryce Young. Richardson is not meant for this team right now. Don't destroy that kids future. 

If you go Step 2. Do everything you can to build around Breece Hall and the run game. Make sure you walk away with that that beast FB in the draft. Replace Tomlinson, Fant, and maybe McGovern. 

Also - Immediately call Frank Reich and ask him if he's taking a HC position, if not, throw the bag at him to come here to be OC or whatever the F he wants. Find any sort of veteran coaching you can add to the offensive side. 

You're welcome.

Why not bring in a Vet, Sign white and move back in round one and take Richardson. See if you can get a bag of balls for Zach and use the extra draft capital to fill other needs.

• Upvote 1

Yes, the key will be finding a QB, but I don't think it will be through the draft and I don't think it will be Mike White.   

I think there are a ton of vet QB options out there, either via trade or FA, that will bring this team to where it needs to be so they can legitimately compete next year. If it costs a lot of money to bring that guy in, so be it. I'm not concerned about injury either. If Jimmy G is one of our only options, JD has to roll the dice. 

I do like Carr. Thats just me. If the Jets can get him without giving up too much draft capital and restructure so he doesn't impact the cap as much, I'm all for it. Same thing with a guy like Tannenhill. Not top choice, but if Tenn collapses down the stretch and decides to go Malik next year, I'd see what Tannenhill will cost to acquire, then renegotiate his contract. 

Not as excited about Brissett but I would be happy with him over what we have now. Minshew would be great. Neither of these guys will be cheap in FA, btw. 

Lamar Jackson is an absolute pipedream but I do my due diligence if I am JD and have a gameplan in case he becomes available.  

JD is a good GM. He will fix this. He knows he now needs a legitimate vet because now this team is ready to win. That is who he will bring in.

Whether the Jets completely collapse in these last two games or just miss the playoffs, and whether that happens with White or Wilson or Streveler. The starting QB next year will be a proven veteran who is not currently on this team and we should expect a very good Jets team next year. 

Lamar has already turned down a massive contract offer from the Ravens....decided to 'bet on himself', playout this season and become a FA, then sign an even more massive contract with someone else. Kinda like LeVeon Bell. So maybe Lamar will get stuck signing with the Jets for less than half of what he really wanted!

my first choice would be Jordan Love who is familiar with the system, won't be cost prohibitive, has years of prep, and if he's good can be a long term answer. 

Trade Zach for a 2nd (someone will think they can turn him around and probably will).

Keep White as the backup

Draft another QB in the 3rd or 4th.

2nd choice would be Minshew with everything else the same.

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

my first choice would be Jordan Love who is familiar with the system, won't be cost prohibitive, has years of prep, and if he's good can be a long term answer. 

Trade Zach for a 2nd (someone will think they can turn him around and probably will).

Keep White as the backup

Draft another QB in the 3rd or 4th.

2nd choice would be Minshew with everything else the same.

Wishful thinking. The only turning around of ZW is turning him around and pointing him in the direction of Utah. 

• Haha 1

Under the radar reason to avoid Lamar (not that JD is going after him anyway):

He's quietly hurt for the second year in a row in crunch time. His game probably won't age well as he continues to carry the ball like a running back. 

The Jets have a long, tortured history of critical QB injuries and you can probably argue that Mike White getting hurt in the Bills game cost us any realistic shot at the playoffs THIS year. We need a QB who is going to be durable, first and foremost. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I love Lamar Jackson as a player but you know as soon a she joins the Jets he will be an IR guy half the time.

I'm actually amazed he has has played as many games as he has without missing more games due to injury. The older he gets, the less resilient his body will be. The Ravens know this too and if they let him go, that will be the reason.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Under the radar reason to avoid Lamar (not that JD is going after him anyway):

He's quietly hurt for the second year in a row in crunch time. His game probably won't age well as he continues to carry the ball like a running back. 

The Jets have a long, tortured history of critical QB injuries and you can probably argue that Mike White getting hurt in the Bills game cost us ant realistic shot at the playoffs THIS year. We need a QB who is going to be durable, first and foremost. 

Well if you want durable then it’s Derek Carr or the Draft. 

3 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Why not bring in a Vet, Sign white and move back in round one and take Richardson. See if you can get a bag of balls for Zach and use the extra draft capital to fill other needs.

People are criticizing JD for taking the wrong QB two years ago and you just want to draft the QB who falls to the middle-late first round.  What makes you think Richardson is an NFL QB? The Jets can't throw away another first round pick.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

People are criticizing JD for taking the wrong QB two years ago and you just want to draft the QB who falls to the middle-late first round.  What makes you think Richardson is an NFL QB? The Jets can't throw away another first round pick.

Who should be held accountable for the Wilson pick? No one?