Brandon Tierney Says Make a Call To Sean Payton...

3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Saleh has to take some responsibility for this debacle...

His handling of the QB position is abysmal,,,

His in-game decisions are questionable...

BT is a die-hard Jet fan...

I agree Payton would be a tremendous upgrade...

I'm in...

I'm in, too.  

4 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Saleh has to take some responsibility for this debacle...

His handling of the QB position is abysmal,,,

His in-game decisions are questionable...

BT is a die-hard Jet fan...

I agree Payton would be a tremendous upgrade...

I'm in...

He thinks Zach Wilson is salvageable. That's all you need to know about him

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, choon328 said:

BT or Payton?  Cause I don’t think BT is in on the wilson train.

I also disagree that the QB situation has been mishandled.  Zach needed to be benched - they went with white.  White got hurt, what else was he going to do?  Flacco was awful and Streveler is a poor man’s Tebow.  He had to go back to Zach. 

BT or Payton?  Cause I don’t think BT is in on the wilson train.
I also disagree that the QB situation has been mishandled.  Zach needed to be benched - they went with white.  White got hurt, what else was he going to do?  Flacco was awful and Streveler is a poor man’s Tebow.  He had to go back to Zach. 
Zach was never ready to start. That's the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I heard BT say this too 

We can stop talking about Sean Payton

He wouldn’t come here if it was the last job on earth

He is on record that ownership is the most important factor in his decision 

Unless Woody sells the team, the Payton hypothetical has 0% chance of happening 

And Saleh isn’t the problem.  He’s a good coach.  He will learn from the timeouts mistake.

I suspect Saleh wanted to play MW from day 1 but JD overruled him.

• Upvote 2

Pass

Saleh and JD have built something good with the Jets that is being dragged down by the QB position and some unfortunate injuries that always seem to plague this franchise. I'm not completely sold on Saleh but I have no interest in firing him right now.

I don't think Saleh has botched the QB position. Zach Wilson is simply a bust at this point. They benched him and went to Mike White. Mike White then got hurt. It's not like Mike White is sitting on the sidelines healthy and Saleh is just being defiant. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be hella excited about Payton (I absolutely would), but two things:

1) he’s not coming here for a variety of reasons (Douglas being in charge, no established QB, questionable owner, same old jets)

2) if you dump Saleh now, you end up having to replace his defensive system, which has an identity and a chance to be very good for a few years here. 

It’s much more practical to put all of your resources into finding a legit QB and upgrading the OL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It’s much more practical to put all of your resources into finding a legit QB and upgrading the OL. 

Last night was almost exclusively about the QB.  Getting the early turnover and gaining negative yds before the FG set things up.  Putting Payton on the sideline or replacing LaFleur isn't going to fix that...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be hella excited about Payton (I absolutely would), but two things:

1) he’s not coming here for a variety of reasons (Douglas being in charge, no established QB, questionable owner, same old jets)

2) if you dump Saleh now, you end up having to replace his defensive system, which has an identity and a chance to be very good for a few years here. 

Salehs defensive system is awful. Firing Saleh would be addition by subtraction. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

People who know how to throw a football halfway accurate 50 yards do not grow on trees.

Look at Geno.  Anyone who wants to be salvageable is salvageable.   Has anyone written an article about what Geno did to get his act together?

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

People who know how to throw a football halfway accurate 50 yards do not grow on trees.

Look at Geno.  Anyone who wants to be salvageable is salvageable.   Has anyone written an article about what Geno did to get his act together?

Every starting and backup QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50 yds, including Streveler. So yes, they do grow on trees. What doesn't grow on trees are QBs who have a very high processing speed pre and post snap. Arm strength is not nearly as important as that.