Jump to content

Brandon Tierney Says Make a Call To Sean Payton...


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Saleh has to take some responsibility for this debacle...

His handling of the QB position is abysmal,,,

His in-game decisions are questionable...

BT is a die-hard Jet fan...

I agree Payton would be a tremendous upgrade...

I'm in...

I'm in, too.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Saleh has to take some responsibility for this debacle...

His handling of the QB position is abysmal,,,

His in-game decisions are questionable...

BT is a die-hard Jet fan...

I agree Payton would be a tremendous upgrade...

I'm in...

He thinks Zach Wilson is salvageable. That's all you need to know about him

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He thinks Zach Wilson is salvageable. That's all you need to know about him

BT or Payton?  Cause I don’t think BT is in on the wilson train.

I also disagree that the QB situation has been mishandled.  Zach needed to be benched - they went with white.  White got hurt, what else was he going to do?  Flacco was awful and Streveler is a poor man’s Tebow.  He had to go back to Zach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

BT or Payton?  Cause I don’t think BT is in on the wilson train.
I also disagree that the QB situation has been mishandled.  Zach needed to be benched - they went with white.  White got hurt, what else was he going to do?  Flacco was awful and Streveler is a poor man’s Tebow.  He had to go back to Zach. 
Zach was never ready to start. That's the issue.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard BT say this too 

We can stop talking about Sean Payton

He wouldn’t come here if it was the last job on earth

He is on record that ownership is the most important factor in his decision 

Unless Woody sells the team, the Payton hypothetical has 0% chance of happening 

And Saleh isn’t the problem.  He’s a good coach.  He will learn from the timeouts mistake.

I suspect Saleh wanted to play MW from day 1 but JD overruled him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pass

Saleh and JD have built something good with the Jets that is being dragged down by the QB position and some unfortunate injuries that always seem to plague this franchise. I'm not completely sold on Saleh but I have no interest in firing him right now.

I don't think Saleh has botched the QB position. Zach Wilson is simply a bust at this point. They benched him and went to Mike White. Mike White then got hurt. It's not like Mike White is sitting on the sidelines healthy and Saleh is just being defiant. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be hella excited about Payton (I absolutely would), but two things:

1) he’s not coming here for a variety of reasons (Douglas being in charge, no established QB, questionable owner, same old jets)

2) if you dump Saleh now, you end up having to replace his defensive system, which has an identity and a chance to be very good for a few years here. 
 

It’s much more practical to put all of your resources into finding a legit QB and upgrading the OL. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It’s much more practical to put all of your resources into finding a legit QB and upgrading the OL. 

Last night was almost exclusively about the QB.  Getting the early turnover and gaining negative yds before the FG set things up.  Putting Payton on the sideline or replacing LaFleur isn't going to fix that...

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be hella excited about Payton (I absolutely would), but two things:

1) he’s not coming here for a variety of reasons (Douglas being in charge, no established QB, questionable owner, same old jets)

2) if you dump Saleh now, you end up having to replace his defensive system, which has an identity and a chance to be very good for a few years here. 
 

It’s much more practical to put all of your resources into finding a legit QB and upgrading the OL. 

Salehs defensive system is awful. Firing Saleh would be addition by subtraction. 

  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

He thinks Zach Wilson is salvageable. That's all you need to know about him

People who know how to throw a football halfway accurate 50 yards do not grow on trees.

Look at Geno.  Anyone who wants to be salvageable is salvageable.   Has anyone written an article about what Geno did to get his act together?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

People who know how to throw a football halfway accurate 50 yards do not grow on trees.

Look at Geno.  Anyone who wants to be salvageable is salvageable.   Has anyone written an article about what Geno did to get his act together?

Every starting and backup QB in the NFL can throw the ball 50 yds, including Streveler. So yes, they do grow on trees. What doesn't grow on trees are QBs who have a very high processing speed pre and post snap. Arm strength is not nearly as important as that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...