Matt LaFleur

Team archer

I know alot of people here blame him but honestly, how much blame does he get? To me, I would be pissed if hes fired because hes had trash QB play (aside from Mike of course). He’s easily the best OC weve had in years and while hes had bad moments/ games, theres no OC alive that I believe that can make Zach Wilson not be sh*t. I havent even mentioned the O-line and wont really go deep on that at all. Bottom line, I say we keep him and see how he is with a healthy Mike White, Breece Hall and hopefully an improved O line next year.

edit: is it Matt or Mike? My point still stands..

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LaFleur has the golden bullet in that nobody loser garbage weakling Mike White was putting up 400+ yards of offense per week when Wilson didn’t play. It’s an absolute gift to LaFleur that Zach looked like absolute dogsh*t on a nationally televised Thursday game, because it erased any doubt as to what was killing the Jets. 

Smart Jets Fan: <inhales through mouth> Mike LaFloor should be FIRED. <exhales through mouth>

Mike LaFleur: 

Hughes seems to think an offense averaging 21.5 pts / game is a good thing.

Matt Patricia is putting up those numbers with Mac Jones, Jakobi Myers and Nelson Agholor. 

Time for people on the Jets to start raising their standards a little. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Wilson is awful that is not on LaFleur but like almost every QB in the league they pretty well all look better when not being over coached or played called.  Look at how good guys do in the 2 minute drill.

They lost two huge games and scored a total of 34 points in Whites last two starts so if people are thinking he is the an answer they are wrong. 

If we are sitting here and White was 3-0 in his starts or hell even 2-1 and were still in firm contention due to his games White could be looked at as very a very real possibility of being the guy.

Year one of Mike White, awesome game followed up by loses and then getting hurt.

Year two of Mike White, awesome game followed up by loses and then getting hurt.

With the long lay off we have to hope he is healthy enough to play the last two games which would give us a much better idea of him going forward.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Hughes seems to think an offense averaging 21.5 pts / game is a good thing.

Matt Patricia is putting up those numbers with Mac Jones, Jakobi Myers and Nelson Agholor. 

Time for people on the Jets to start raising their standards a little. 

It would rank 18th in the league.

33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

LaFleur has the golden bullet in that nobody loser garbage weakling Mike White was putting up 400+ yards of offense per week when Wilson didn’t play. It’s an absolute gift to LaFleur that Zach looked like absolute dogsh*t on a nationally televised Thursday game, because it erased any doubt as to what was killing the Jets. 

Smart Jets Fan: <inhales through mouth> Mike LaFloor should be FIRED. <exhales through mouth>

Mike LaFleur: 

I think our former captain  is now Kenny Bro...

It is my belief that MW would smash every Jet QB record if he got a full training camp and season as the starter in MLF’s offense. I’ll also preface this with saying he would still smash the records if he missed a game or 2 to injury. Too bad we’ll never actually find out. It would be too fun and Jet fans can’t have fun. 

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

18/32, the definition of mediocre. That's roughly an average of 3 points below what we should be expecting, witht the talent on the roster. 

Mike White never took a snap with Breece Hall or AVT. An extra three points per game gets you to #11, right behind the Dolphins. If Berrios doesn’t drop the ball against the Vikings, we’re at #15

• Upvote 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

Mike White never took a snap with Breece Hall or AVT. An extra three points per game gets you to #11, right behind the Dolphins. If Berrios doesn’t drop the ball against the Vikings, we’re at #15

If Chubb goes down on the one, we're at #23. If the Bears are not down seven starters on defense, we're bottom five in the League. 

We need to demand more. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

45 minutes ago, DireJet said:

It is my belief that MW would smash every Jet QB record if he got a full training camp and season as the starter in MLF’s offense. I’ll also preface this with saying he would still smash the records if he missed a game or 2 to injury. Too bad we’ll never actually find out. It would be too fun and Jet fans can’t have fun. 

He didn't outplay ZAch in camp.White us at best Colt McCoy

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Mike LaFleur: 

We get it, the scheme does work, and I'll be the first to admit it when the QB knows what he's doing. This is not in defense of ZW because at this point there is no defense, but MLF is an OC that should be able to play to his players ability as well. So while much of the blame is on ZW, MLF has to take some as well, for not putting ZW in the best situations to succeed. Just look at when Strevler came in and the entire play calling changed to suit what he did best. That's all I'm saying.

Jets Problems Ranked:

1     ZW

2     Offensive line     Unbelievable amount of injuries

3     Matt LaFleur     Ever hear of a screen pass ?  And other issues

4     Saleh     It's OK to make adjustments to your def during the game

5     No cheerleaders

• More Ugh 1

Some like Weis and DJ think that the Jets failed ZW.  Everyone has their own agenda.

The majority of this Board (which is almost always right), think Zach is fatally flawed, at least for now.  

I agree with the Board. 

The Jets will need to decide what to do, but I would vote bringing in another real QB and a real Passing Game Coordinator.  

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

If we are sitting here and White was 3-0 in his starts or hell even 2-1 and were still in firm contention due to his games White could be looked at as very a very real possibility of being the guy.

One Berrios drop changed the entire narrative.  Just as @T0mShane and I have been saying for weeks.

White played well.  He deserves a shot at the job.  Bring in any other veteran you wish.  White deserves to be in the mix.  Healthy organizations promote from within.  People keep talking about sitting and learning for a QB.  Well, if that actually makes a difference, White has done that here for 3 years.  And who's to say he can't get better?

Wilson is awful that is not on LaFleur but like almost every QB in the league they pretty well all look better when not being over coached or played called.  Look at how good guys do in the 2 minute drill.

They lost two huge games and scored a total of 34 points in Whites last two starts so if people are thinking he is the an answer they are wrong. 

Year one of Mike White, awesome game followed up by loses and then getting hurt.

Year two of Mike White, awesome game followed up by loses and then getting hurt.

With the long lay off we have to hope he is healthy enough to play the last two games which would give us a much better idea of him going forward.

Curios, you’re big on Huntley as FA option?   He’s what 2-4 as a starter?  Why the different set of criteria?

I'm not sold on Mike White either but after last night he does look like our best option at QB for now but like you said  -1 awesome game followed by losses then he gets hurt - he is a statue and will always be getting hurt. I think he can beat the bad teams but against top competition I dont see him doing well. If Mr. White would hit the weights and put on some beef and add some speed like it looks like Trevor Lawrence did then maybe he could survive. If a QB does only 1 thing well the opposing defense will try to take that one thing away but if the QB has multiple faucets to his game they are a lot tougher to stop. Lawrence can now run and he looks damn good because he added that feature. White will never be able to run like that but he has room to improve a lot in that area. When all is said and done the Jets need a good veteran QB to come in and lead this team - maybe Jacoby Brissett who can run a little and pass a little.

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One Berrios drop changed the entire narrative.  Just as @T0mShane and I have been saying for weeks.

White played well.  He deserves a shot at the job.  Bring in any other veteran you wish.  White deserves to be in the mix.  Healthy organizations promote from within.  People keep talking about sitting and learning for a QB.  Well, if that actually makes a difference, White has done that here for 3 years.  And who's to say he can't get better?

White has started 6 games in his career and looked pretty damn impressive.  I would be shocked if he doesn't get better with experience.  It would be the ultimate Jetsy kick in the nads if he signed somewhere else and became a solid starter.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

White has started 6 games in his career and looked pretty damn impressive.  I would be shocked if he doesn't get better with experience.  It would be the ultimate Jetsy kick in the nads if he signed somewhere else and became a solid starter.

He’s going to the Pats. Don’t worry. STEVEN belichick will get him and torture us for the next decade. 

• Ugh 2

38 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Curios, you’re big on Huntley as FA option?   He’s what 2-4 as a starter?  Why the different set of criteria?

Because he has mobility and a running aspect to his game.  He to me is White, but a white than can run.

The very best thing for the jets is for White to be healthy enough to play these last two games.

I hope the jets resign him and have him back next year but no way no how do i want to hand him the job with his body of work so far.

Have him compete with a new guy and even wilson if he is still kicking around?  Sure but it would be pure jets foolishness to hand him the job unless he comes in wins two games and we get lucky and make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1