Let's Talk Next Jets QB For 2022-23

30 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Outside of Lamar Jackson/Top 3 pick in the draft, there’s no QB this off-season to go after that’s better value/player that will dramatically improve the offense over what Mike White would give us. 

They probably want to make a major swing but I just don’t think there is one to be made unfortunately. 

When you really look at it, the league is filled with mediocre QBs. 

Even the top QB in the draft (Bryce Young from Alabama) weighs only 185 lbs.  Not sure I'd want to trust the franchise to a QB of that size.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Pretty much.

Now look at his completion percentage and general stats over the last few years and tell me why he wouldn't be the perfect fit for this offense?

I mean I’ve always liked Teddy and would be fine with him as the QB2.  Minshew is just younger and better is all.  

• Upvote 2

How much will Carson Wentz be? He’ll likely be cut in the off-season. Maybe 10 mil? Less? Despite catching a lot of sh*t recently he hasn’t been THAT bad. Look at the colts season. That’s much better than anything we’ve had in a long time. I might be more interested in him than guys like minshew, white etc 

Starting to fall into these tiers for me 

1 Goff and Jones 

2 Wentz, Carr, Jimmy G

3 Minshew and Baker

10 White 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

How much will Carson Wentz be? He’ll likely be cut in the off-season. Maybe 10 mil? Less? Despite catching a lot of sh*t recently he hasn’t been THAT bad. Look at the colts season. That’s much better than anything we’ve had in a long time. I might be more interested in him than guys like minshew, white etc 

Wentz is done bro. 

5 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

So? I still think there are way better options than Wentz who is mentally and physically fragile

So you try to bring him down on a year where he had almost 4x td to int ratio 63 comp % and 3500 yards because he had a good rb. Now he’s fragile. Who do you want?

Just now, BurntDice said:

So you try to bring him down on a year where he had almost 4x td to int ratio 63 comp % and 3500 yards because he had a good rb. Now he’s fragile. Who do you want?

I want to resign white and draft a qb. Wentz is too fragile mentally something happened to him in philly

tom brady would actually win us a super bowl but that’s not this franchise’s objective

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

I want to resign white and draft a qb. Wentz is too fragile mentally something happened to him in philly

tom brady would actually win us a super bowl but that’s not this franchise’s objective

Dude with the colts he put up great #s, but instead you want white who can barely even get on the field or score tds? I truly don’t understand people 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Outside of Lamar Jackson/Top 3 pick in the draft, there’s no QB this off-season to go after that’s better value/player that will dramatically improve the offense over what Mike White would give us. 

They probably want to make a major swing but I just don’t think there is one to be made unfortunately. 

When you really look at it, the league is filled with mediocre QBs. 

image.thumb.png.35c58c065261bc430231fc505dba8ad5.png

No other qbs are better than that? I’m hoping White turns out to be amazing. Next Tom Brady. There’s just not a lot of evidence of this yet. Better than Zach at the moment and I hope he gives us heroic performances and a playoff run! Just not a lot of evidence to support that happening at the moment. But I’m hoping like hell he proves the world wrong next few weeks!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Dude with the colts he put up great #s, but instead you want white who can barely even get on the field or score tds? I truly don’t understand people 

His numbers so great the colts couldn’t wait to get rid of him

I want Brady but white and a developmental qb is more realistic 

On 12/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

To the guys talking Mike White should be back , as a free agent how much are you willing to pay him ? What's the going rate for an NFL starter, cause thata what he'll be asking for.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

If the Jets are going to pay what it takes to bring back Mike White then he will be the starting QB.  We can't afford to pay him what it would take and pay a competent veteran free agent.    Either pay White or pay (name your free agent here - I like Minshew) and bring back Zach for no other reason than he's on the cheap.  

I had decided that the Jets best move at QB is to throw some type of draft pick to get Derek Carr in February.  Why?

• He is flawed but likely the best FA QB, all things considered.
  • If the Jets can trade for him, they can actually get him.  Otherwise, they have to convince QBs to come here.  
  • Knowing that the Jets have a QB before FA will make it easier to sign FA OL and WR.'
  • We keep ZW as QB2/3 and pray he never plays while he develops.   We draft a backup/successor QB.
  • To afford this, we cut/restructure the overpaid defensive players and focus on the offense until the defensive holes can be filled with draft picks.
  • If this does not work, we try Brady or Jimmy G, but I think based on current information Brady ends up in Miami.  

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

I had decided that the Jets best move at QB is to throw some type of draft pick to get Derek Carr in February.  Why?

• If the Jets can trade for him, they can actually get him.  Otherwise, they have to convince QBs to come here.  
  • Knowing that the Jets have a QB before FA will make it easier to sign FA OL and WR.'
  • We keep ZW as QB2/3 and pray he never plays while he develops.   We draft a backup/successor QB.
  • To afford this, we cut/restructure the overpaid defensive players and focus on the offense until the defensive holes can be filled with draft picks.
  • If this does not work, we try Brady or Jimmy G, but I think based on current information Brady ends up in Miami.  

Oh wow, I forgot that Brady probably does want to go to Miami.  And who knows if Tua retires after his latest concussion.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh wow, I forgot that Brady probably does want to go to Miami.  And who knows if Tua retires after his latest concussion.

If Miami needs a QB, how do they not get Brady.  He would play there at a discount.  Lower state taxes, his mansion being built 2 of his kids right there.  The third one is in HS in NY with a mother and stepfather.   Gronk lives there and would sign up.  It is perfect for Brady.  I think the Jets were the next best place….but we can’t beat Miami for him.  If there is no Tua, the Dolphins need a qB.  

11 hours ago, varjet said:

McDaniels is cutting Carr.  We can simply sign him.  He is an option if White looks bad next 2 games

10 hours ago, varjet said:

If Miami needs a QB, how do they not get Brady.  He would play there at a discount.  Lower state taxes, his mansion being built 2 of his kids right there.  The third one is in HS in NY with a mother and stepfather.   Gronk lives there and would sign up.  It is perfect for Brady.  I think the Jets were the next best place….but we can’t beat Miami for him.  If there is no Tua, the Dolphins need a qB.  

Miami is still operating under the premise Tua won’t retire 

14 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Eh 62.5 comp % 3500 passing yards, 27 tds 7 ints 200 rushing yards 1 rushing the colts in 2021. 

That’s not bad at all. Who knows if guys like Minshew or White can ever have that type of production 

Minshew has.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, BurntDice said:

For 1 season. He also has 20 fumbles 

You posted 1 Wentz season, fair to point out 1 Minshew season in response.

20 fumbles are his career number. We are talking about a season here. Although, yes, he is a fumbler and needs to clean that up as I have stated at least 5 times while plugging for him to be a Jet.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

You posted 1 Wentz season, fair to point out 1 Minshew season in response.

20 fumbles are his career number. We are talking about a season here. Although, yes, he is a fumbler and needs to clean that up as I have stated at least 5 times while plugging for him to be a Jet.

Wentz has multiple seasons of solid/good play. 

I like minshew, but Wentz is more proven and has much better size