Let's Talk Next Jets QB For 2022-23

Just now, BurntDice said:

Wentz has multiple seasons of solid/good play. 

I like minshew, but Wentz is more proven and has much better size 

All fair although he has an injury history himself and seems to be breaking down at an accelerated rate.

I still prefer Minshew but Wentz — and basically any other potentially-available QB that has found some success as a starter — should be on JD’s radar.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

All fair although he has an injury history himself and seems to be breaking down at an accelerated rate.

I still prefer Minshew but Wentz — and basically any other potentially-available QB that has found some success as a starter — should be on JD’s radar.

Completely agree. There’s a few that look to be decent options. 

Goff, Jones, Carr, Wentz, Baker, Minshew perhaps others 

It sucks we’re in this situation, but it is what it is 

On 12/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Potentially Available QBs:

Jimmy G
Lamar Jackson
Derek Carr
Jared Goff
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Ryan
Sam Darnold
Tom Brady
Jacoby Brissett
Aaron Rodgers
Andy Dalton
Daniel Jones
Taylor Heineke
Geno Smith
Jordan Love
Russell Wilson

Gardner Minshew

image.jpeg.8530d56afd28fd19539497d217bb10b9.jpeg

Garrapolo or Minshew and White.  They probably keep Zach so we are not blowing the doors off on a QB.   Any of those three for 17 games and we make the playoffs.  Then fix the damn o-line.  They are pathetic.  we need a guard to replace Tomlinson and a new center.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Says the guy who wants to give the reigns to an unproven guy who hasn’t accomplished anything. 4 teams in 2 years? When? 

I’m just saying we don’t know what white is still. You want to ignore the last 5 years of Wentz’s career and pretend he’s good and durable 

4 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

I’m just saying we don’t know what white is still. You want to ignore the last 5 years of Wentz’s career and pretend he’s good and durable 

Wentz likely won’t cost that much. He has had some very good seasons. He’s like 4th out of the qbs I want. 

Compare that to white who had 2 good games in his entire career. Criticizing a qb for not being durable and pushing for white doesn’t making any sense. 

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Wentz likely won’t cost that much. He has had some very good seasons. 

There are several reasons for that and Wentz had one good season in 2017, got a knee injury and it’s been downhill ever since

He couldn’t handle the media in Indianapolis and you think he’ll handle it in NY?

10 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

There are several reasons for that and Wentz had one good season in 2017, got a knee injury and it’s been downhill ever since

He couldn’t handle the media in Indianapolis and you think he’ll handle it in NY?

Come on man. One good season? You must be joking or very Ill informed. He played in Philly which is just as ruthless as NY. JD was also there when the eagles drafted Wentz im pretty sure so they have a connection. 

C48C9024-ADE3-478E-BE25-9E1BA02131F5.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 9:50 AM, BurntDice said:

Completely agree. There’s a few that look to be decent options. 

Goff, Jones, Carr, Wentz, Baker, Minshew perhaps others 

It sucks we’re in this situation, but it is what it is 

Teams like the Patriots and Steelers drafted guys like Mac Jones and small hands guy, did not overpay or give up draft picks, and are better for it.  

On 12/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, Flashlite80 said:

Garrapolo or Minshew and White.  They probably keep Zach so we are not blowing the doors off on a QB.   Any of those three for 17 games and we make the playoffs.  Then fix the damn o-line.  They are pathetic.  we need a guard to replace Tomlinson and a new center.

I think this is a successful recipe to at least make the playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

Teams like the Patriots and Steelers drafted guys like Mac Jones and small hands guy, did not overpay or give up draft picks, and are better for it.  

The patriots had the #2 D in the NFL last year and #5 this year in point against. Scored a whopping 17 points in the wildcard loss last year and may miss it this year. They would be much better with an average/good QB. 

The Steelers haven’t had a losing season in like 20 years. 

You are talking about two of the most stable franchises over the past 15+ years vs the clown show that is the Jets. 

This Jets coaching staff has no experience in developing qbs and have already failed one.