LaFleur is meh, but he wasn't the # 1 problem

Jetsfan80

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can we finally put this one to bed, guys?

Games with Wilson under center, 2021-2022:

• Games:  22
  • Points Per Game:  16.6
  • Games with 30+ points scored:  1
  • Completion %:  55.2 (345/625)
  • Passing Yards:  4,022
  • Passing Yards per Game:  182.8
  • Passing Yards per Attempt:  6.4
  • Touchdowns:  15
  • INTs:  18
  • Games with a 90+ QB Rating:  3

Games with anyone other than Zach Wilson under center, 2021-2022 (Flacco/White/Josh Johnson/Streveler):

• Games:  12
  • Points Per Game:  19.0
  • Games with 30+ points scored:  4
  • Completion %:  62.7 (324/517)
  • Passing Yards:  3,552
  • Passing Yards per Game:  296.0
  • Passing Yards per Attempt:  6.9
  • Touchdowns:  19
  • INTs:  14
  • Games with a 90+ QB Rating:  5

And this isn't exactly a murderer's row of QBs we're talking about, folks.

Paramount Network Jamie GIF by Yellowstone

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No, because we still have people who post "This wasn't on him". 

Never take the boot off the neck. The Darnoids were posting victory laps week 1 2021 mere days after admonishing: “He’s off the team! Gawd, stop beating a dead horse.”

• Post of the Week 1

The OC is more than competent enough. Zach just couldn't do anything well except hit the occasional nice throw outside the pocket and you can't live off of that. AVT and Breece going down in that Denver game really left Zach exposed. That's probably why Mike White was elevated to number 2 after that game looking back on it. The coaching staff new what was potentially about to happen. They weren't going to be able to hide him after that.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Games with anyone other than Zach Wilson under center, 2021-2022 (Flacco/White/Josh Johnson/Streveler):

I for one don't see a huge need to clean house on offense.  You can't destroy LaFleur or Calabrese without realizing that they also developed Mike White, who was a waiver wire pick-up.  I've seen enough on film to see that he has created plenty of opportunity for open receivers, and the skill level of the WRs is solid at this point.  Zach just didn't develop and is now so in the tank with confidence, I am not sure he ever will.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So what , if you disagree, disagree but not every thread has to turn into MW vs ZW and lord knows we don't need counteless new threads to same the same thing Zach sucks.

Look, if you don't  want to read this stuff, I suggest you find a new sight. Zach sucking is the news right now. This whole MLF is the problem narrative is silly because Zach is the only QB out of 5 that can't run it. 

2 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Francesa has been mercilessly slamming Wilson on his podcast.  He’s literally the worst qb in the entire NFL

I guess that solves it them , the great Mike Francesa has spoken , bet you he didn't even watch the game Thu night , he couldn't even stay awake on his own broadcasts . 

2 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

I for one don't see a huge need to clean house on offense.  You can't destroy LaFleur or Calabrese without realizing that they also developed Mike White, who was a waiver wire pick-up.  I've seen enough on film to see that he has created plenty of opportunity for open receivers, and the skill level of the WRs is solid at this point.  Zach just didn't develop and is now so in the tank with confidence, I am not sure he ever will.  

Developed - wtf this forum is batsh*t crazy . 

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thank you!  I've been saying the same and it's not even slightly meant as a defense of LaFleur, but trying to give him an even an ounce of blame for an all-time NFL bust has no validity.  It is just the most recent attempt to claim anyone but the QB always must be at fault for the QB's failures according to some around here.

A bunch of other JAG-at-best QBs outperforming Wilson says regardless if the offense was overall more successful, the evidence all suggests he'd still be the worst of the bunch, even when at least half of them were guys the rest of the NFL had no interest in at the time, considering they sat around as practice-squaders and street FAs.

It's awfully convenient how LaFleur was being dubbed as an offensive guru/head-coach-to-be by some around here earlier this year, while Ulrich was everyone's favorite scapegoat.  How quickly things can change when they no longer fit the narrative.

• Post of the Week 1

I honestly think LaFleuer is pretty good. He has a propensity to get too pass happy when he run isn't clicking and we fall behind but when the offense is healthy and the QB play is passable it's been pretty good. There have been times the past two years when he's manufactured offense with creativity.

I think when you factor in the horrific QB play and injuries on o-line it would be very difficult to be successful on offense for any OC.

To me it is so painfully obvious that QB play is the biggest problem with this team -- not even that Zach Wilson is completely unplayable and has no business being on an NFL roster, but that the "contrast" we're looking at is between him and journeymen like Mike White and the corpse of Joe Flacco. Imagine what this offense could look like with GOOD QB play?

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Imagine thinking 19 points per game is acceptable. 

Imagine thinking that that’s the conclusion you should be drawing here.  

Chris Streveler can barely throw a football.  Josh Johnson had been on something like 15 teams in 13 years.  Joe Flacco has been in semi-retirement for 3 years.  All still ran the offense more effectively than Zach Wilson and it wasn’t exactly close.  

Bring in a replacement-level QB and my guess is that number goes up to 22-23 PPG, at minimum.  

• Upvote 1