Jets need to start Zach Wilson rest of season to make definitive decision

Anthony Jet

He just got benched for a CFL player who can’t even throw but moved the ball further than he did all day

He acknowledged it was the right decision to switch to that CFL guy, signaling his complete lack of confidence. And his mother tweeted that he will never win here

its definitive as it gets

no need to embarrassingly lose the last two games 

• Upvote 2

I have to imagine that the Jets will play White as long as he is cleared and they are still mathematically alive (lol).

Once they are eliminated OR white is NOT be cleared to play - I guess they play Zach? Normally, I would say they 100% play Zach in that scenario, but Saleh basically admitted that Zach’s confidence is likely toast following another benching. Not sure it matters much in this case. Seems like Zach is done here. Right now, it feels like the only QB on the roster with a chance to be the starter here going forward is Mike White.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We are out of contention,  whatever they have to do to make sure the kid doesn’t take a snap for a team next year is perfectly fine. I for one won’t watch him take another snap for this team. 

Welcome to Sunday serenity 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You really need to start him for the next 4 years before you can make any determination 

Same deal with Darnold. Some will never put the issue to a vote… they’ll just keep extending the comment period indefinitely.

Saleh, asked if Wilson’s biggest problem is physical or mental, said: “I think confidence. For Zach, and it doesn’t take long to flip. He just needs a good string of consecutive games, quarters, plays, of putting together good football. And once you get in a groove, everything just starts clicking and moving faster.”

I agree with Saleh here. You could see it in virtually every throw against the Jaguars. He has no confidence in himself, in his team mates, in the play, anything. You can see him hesitate before letting go of the ball every single time, unsure where he wants to put it or, really, where it’s gonna go. 

As for Cannizzaro’s point, it’s dumb. If they’re going to keep Zach heading into 2023, that decision has already been made. Two more games watching him suck isn’t going to change anything. And he isn’t going to get better, he’s come back from every one of these hiatuses looking as good as he’s going to look before regressing again. There’s no point in sending him out there. If White’s not healthy, I’d give the Strev’s loyalists a two game thrill before I threw Zach back in there - especially if I’m planning to bring him back.* No reason to destroy him further this year. 

* - I hope they’ve made the decision to trade him already. If that’s the case, showing him sucking for two more games isn’t going to help anything, either. But Cannizarro’s always been the worst. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

2 years of knowitalls on the internet swearing that Wilson farts diamonds on the football field is having a tough hangover

Wasn’t the misevaluation of the player that was the problem but the way anyone who disagreed just had to be a troll, fake Jets fan, or piece of sh*t.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Anyone who thinks Wilson isn’t the next Pat Mahomes times Aaron Rodgers is stupid and knows nothing about the sport of football

And is a trash human being who gets wood when the Jets lose and probably kisses his mother with his mouth open, to boot.

• Haha 1

Nobody will be willing to give us anything of worth for this player, might as well just cut him and be finished with him altogether. Then like Tim Tebow before him he can take his fan club along with him and we won't ever have to worry about whether he's ever going to to be anything or not because we already have the answer and he'll be somebody else's problem

• Upvote 1

If we were mathematically eliminated already I’d still say no. We all saw his face and body language in the game and postgame.

On a professional level the front office and coaching staff have a team to evaluate for next season. Wilson is so bad right now that it is virtually impossible to give a true eval on offensive player which ultimately will extend to the D and specials units. 

On a personal level Bane has broken the back and spirit of Batman Wilson. He’s mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually fried. He might have a nervous breakdown if you put him back out there this year for sure and perhaps ever again.

image.gif.1797eb437ddd918914c9916095d7f194.gif

Jets will and should start White if available because he gives team best chance to win and we’re not eliminated yet. But if no White start Zach. Team has a lot invested in him plus all of these pundits and fans declaring him as finished not capable of playing etc. I don’t buy it yet. 

• Haha 1

Need to start White if healthy to see if he is the real deal or not as well. Wilson is only 23 years old and needs to still be on this team next year unless JD gets some value in a trade and White plays well the last 2 games. Wilson has the entire off season to work on his craft and put this year behind him. White is 27 years old (4 years older than Wilson) and never started a game until this year. 4 years makes a difference at the pro level especially if really putting in the work. Look at Geno this year vs. when on the Jets. He has grown up and is a productive QB.

• Sympathy 1