Glazer: Jets expected to move on from Zach Wilson after the season

T0mShane

Agreed.  The Johnson Bros aren’t THAT stupid, they know they have to fumigate this massive stench as quickly as possible and the ONLY way to do that is to pay someone who already has “Been there done that..High quality Starter at some point in the NFL”…..the fans are going to accept a Minshaw type starting.

If they go get someone like Rodgers I still think they should keep Wilson. As a matter of fact Rodgers could probably save Wilson and possibly that idiot MLF at the same time. Brady could do the same thing but he would never play for a dope like MLF.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • More Ugh 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

That is just pure conjecture.  Been it sounds good with the recent game. I still maintain it is far far more likely the Jets fire LaFleur than get rid of Zach, They might do both but I am not seeing how LaFleur keeps his job

If they decide by some chance they keep Wilson for next yr, he is definitely going to be the number 3

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

If Zach is indeed gone. This in my opinion as well would be the way to go. All we need is a capable QB. One that can make the easy throws. That is Mike White or just about any vet Qb we would bring in. And with this team around him. Our QB whoever it is will certainly not be bottom 5

I just don’t understand the mindset why some fans want to go for guys like white to be the starter. Is he good enough to win in the playoffs? Goff is what I consider to be an average QB. Will he be better or as good as him?  He just seems like a guy who if he has an all star cast around him can make the playoffs, but then be out in the wildcard game. He also has a very troubling injury history.  With a Goff type QB you can win playoff games with a great supporting cast. 

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

That is just pure conjecture.  Been it sounds good with the recent game. I still maintain it is far far more likely the Jets fire LaFleur than get rid of Zach, They might do both but I am not seeing how LaFleur keeps his job

Think you’re in for several surprises this coming off-season.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Jets under Douglas and Saleh are mostly leak free. But the anger, disgust and dissappointment of this mess isn't something you can hide. 

IMO this "Zach is done" meme is more than likely coming from Team Wilson than anyone inside the building.  I think they want him out of here more than the fans do...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If Berrios hangs onto a catchable ball they beat the Vikings . Hung with Bills in Buffalo , so we’re you watching something else?

woulda, shoulda, coulda, didnt. Giants are another team who is putting up more points against the Vikings than the amazing Jets offense without ZW

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Very curious to see if there is a team that would trade for him 

A team traded for Rosen.  A team traded for Darnold.  THere is a team out there that will offer up something.  And don't discount the Jet factor around the league, the idea that we did not bring him along or develop him correctly and he can still play.  Someone will give up something.

• Upvote 3

It’s no coincidence that we’re hearing Bart Scott, Steve Young, Tiki Barber, Warner, etc run with “the Jets failed Zach Wilson” angle. It’s the narrative that both Zach and the Jets want out there. 
Sorry Tom .. I'm not following ... Why would the Jets want that narrative?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I just don’t understand the mindset why some fans want to go for guys like white to be the starter. Is he good enough to win in the playoffs? Goff is what I consider to be an average QB. Will he be better or as good as him?  He just seems like a guy who if he has an all star cast around him can make the playoffs, but then be out in the wildcard game. He also has a very troubling injury history.  With a Goff type QB you can win playoff games with a great supporting cast. 
Trent Dilfer 2.0

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you listen to Steve Young pre-draft, he made it sound like Team Zach and the Jets were working through a hostage negotiation to get him here in the first place. You can only imagine how they feel now. IMO, concessions and promises were made to them, and Zach’s play never justified it. Guessing both parties are sick of dealing with each other. 

Mama bear has the claw's out.  It's our fault...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

A team traded for Rosen.  A team traded for Darnold.  THere is a team out there that will offer up something.  And don't discount the Jet factor around the league, the idea that we did not bring him along or develop him correctly and he can still play.  Someone will give up something.

Our incompetence is an asset. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

For those saying we won’t get anything for Zach Wilson, he’d probably be the first QB picked in this year’s draft, even with everything the league knows about him. He’s still a more complete prospect than Stroud or Young or Levis, Richardson, etc. Someone will try and fix him

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you listen to Steve Young pre-draft, he made it sound like Team Zach and the Jets were working through a hostage negotiation to get him here in the first place. You can only imagine how they feel now. IMO, concessions and promises were made to them, and Zach’s play never justified it. Guessing both parties are sick of dealing with each other. 

What do you mean by this?  That JD was trying to convince Zach (and his family) that he should agree to play in NY (rather than hold out or demand a trade)?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

For those saying we won’t get anything for Zach Wilson, he’d probably be the first QB picked in this year’s draft, even with everything the league knows about him. He’s still a more complete prospect than Stroud or Young or Levis, Richardson, etc. Someone will try and fix him

Probably, but we're not going to get much.  Possibly some kind of conditional draft pick type thing.  

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They had just watched the Jets run Darnold into the ground with Adam Gase. No parent would trust their son to come here. 

Saleh seems to have improved the process with this latest free agency class and draft, but good grief the level of deflection for Douglas by the fanbase is nuts. This is entirely on him. Becton too. Just not prepared to be in the NFL and the Jets draft process couldn’t pick up on it. How would anyone feel comfortable with him picking another quarterback? Saleh is a defensive coach,m and Lefleur is still young as hell.

3 hours ago, undertow said:

Honestly I came to terms with Wilson being a bust a year ago but I'm just starting to get pissed about the return we could have gotten for moving back...we could have Fields and also 2 first rounders this year. 

Fields is an awful QB, great runner

• Upvote 1

What do you mean by this?  That JD was trying to convince Zach (and his family) that he should agree to play in NY (rather than hold out or demand a trade)?
Yes... I believe it was close to that .. Young, like Nostradamus, was trying to convince him NY would destroy him .... And voila

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly. We will get good value if we trade him. He's mobile with a big arm and some coach and or gm is gonna get cocky and think they can fix him. We'll get a day 2 pick at minimum imo.