Glazer: Jets expected to move on from Zach Wilson after the season

T0mShane

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

That is just pure conjecture.  Been it sounds good with the recent game. I still maintain it is far far more likely the Jets fire LaFleur than get rid of Zach, They might do both but I am not seeing how LaFleur keeps his job

Could be but glazer is dialed in w team contacts.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

That is just pure conjecture.  Been it sounds good with the recent game. I still maintain it is far far more likely the Jets fire LaFleur than get rid of Zach, They might do both but I am not seeing how LaFleur keeps his job

I don’t know about that.  MLF’s Offense puts up on average an Extra 140 yards of offense playing with ANY QB not named Wilson (including Josh Johnson).

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sam was a considerably better prospect overall from a legitimate program in a big conference. He didn’t implode until his third season. Zach Wilson has never been good, and he has a 60-grit personality besides. He’s been an albatross around Saleh’s neck and the Jets are likely much further ahead in their rebuild if they didn’t waste so much time trying to spoon-feed an emotionally feeble, spoiled mama’s boy from Utah. 

But to be fair, Darnold was from USC.. and everyone knows USC sucks at Quarterbackin'.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

It’s easily the worst draft pick in franchise history. And we have had many bad ones.

and this is my major problem with Douglas. Anyone who watched college football knew Justin fields was a better qb. Why the hell did Zach get picked #2 overall. He has so many issues coming out. And he just ignored all of them and bought into the hype 

Was a time you could take Flacco or Allen from a nonpower conference school. But in each of those cases, you have really big guys who were lights out against good competition on the few days they faced it or in showcases. With the way college recruiting has coalesced around the power conferences, a small college QB has to be a no brainer lock, have great size and shown himself to be able to play vs. serious pro-ready competition. Wilson is small, and what little vidoe there was , vs Tennessee, Coastal Carolina, he wasn't very good. To get so excited about Wilson's pro day, throwing with no defense in front of him, was borderline crazy. FAN pulled up a preseason 1st round mock draft from the fall of 2020 and Wilson wasn't in the top 32. Simply no f___in' idea what the hell they were thinking. 

Just now, RSJ said:

Not a fan of Wilson and I wanted to keep Darnold. But it doesn’t make much sense to get rid of Wilson. You could sign a vet and/or draft someone and still keep Wilson. Imo MLF and his dumb offensive staff should be gone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree. Hated the pick. But he's cheap and can just develop - or not. I don't care.

• Sympathy 1

I like Glazer because his link to PRIDEFC. But he is just guessing like many hear are hoping. I think Zach has been hot garbage, but there is no winning by dumping him. Keep on the roster and make him compete. If he sucks, then drop him. And this idea of running into 2023 with White and a 'competitive vet' for the number 1 spot is laughable. We need to aim higher for a real talent. And we should be drafting a QB every year until we hit on one. I don't care if its round 6, we need to keep taking stabs at it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's like that old saying: If the Jets fool me once, shame on them, but by the 373rd time it's my fault that I keep letting them punch me in the dick. 

That comedian Artie Lange said his uncle gave him sage advice as a youngster (had more to do with betting than anything)….he said “some girls will f**k you and some girls won’t, but the Jets will ALWAYS f**k you”.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sam was a considerably better prospect overall from a legitimate program in a big conference. He didn’t implode until his third season. Zach Wilson has never been good, and he has a 60-grit personality besides. He’s been an albatross around Saleh’s neck and the Jets are likely much further ahead in their rebuild if they didn’t waste so much time trying to spoon-feed an emotionally feeble, spoiled mama’s boy from Utah. 

I've given Douglas a pass because the last draft and free agency class was so good that I can at least argue that he's getting better at his job. One of the many things that I can't understand is how Douglas could speak to Wilson on multiple occasions prior to the draft and think to himself "this is the guy that is going to lead a professional football team based in the NYC area".  Just an awful evaluation of character. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Like I’ve said, anyone who thinks the Jets aren’t making a big move for a veteran QB is kidding themselves.

Douglas and Saleh are going to be fighting for their jobs next year.

Anyone who thinks they’re banking on someone like Mike White or Gardner Minshew to get us over the hump is bananas.

It’s going to be someone like Brady, Rodgers or Carr.

Garoppolo is as conservative as it’s going to get.

Not some backup/fringe starter.

Agreed.  The Johnson Bros aren’t THAT stupid, they know they have to fumigate this massive stench as quickly as possible and the ONLY way to do that is to pay someone who already has “Been there done that..High quality Starter at some point in the NFL”…..the fans are going to accept a Minshaw type starting.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Larz said:

What about the 3 2’s and a #6 for Sam ?

That was worse. Not only did we give up a ton, Sam sucked so bad we had to use the #2 pick in order to replace him.

I get the fact we got a couple picks back from the Panthers, but taking Darnold in ‘18 has now cost us 5 lost seasons, and we’re about to go on the QB merry go round once again next year. Who knows when it will end?

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I totally get that Zach got paid and there is little reason to feel bad for him. But I'm pretty old and seeing a broken 22 year old kid who is realizing his dreams are now more like a nightmare is a sad thing. I believe it is best for him to move on to a different situation but I can not help but think that he would benefit greatly by going through some Seal training. Is that something that one can do? The mental fortitude that is required by Seal training which helps one stay calm while in the middle of the sh*t and think clearly while the bullets are flying would be precisely the kind of thing that could help Wilson. It is ironic that our coach is a Seal-phile. Perhaps he should find some Navy Seals willing to train our next young QB?

Wilson would not make it past 2 days of SEAL training. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

if Zach doesnt start and its White or Flacco and they can do good its not MLF, it was Zach.

This is a lazy take, sorry. The knock on MLF is that he can't adapt to the skill set of the QB he has. If Zach has a different skill set, he needs to adapt the play book and make in game adjustments. If a QB perfectly fits his system it's not that MLF is good, it's that he doesn't have to adapt and make changes. He just runs with his system. Hence, he is totally a system OC. He doesn't have the ability to coach anyone other than who works perfectly in that system. I also think he isn't good at in game adjustments or in the red zone. He hardly has any experience, which was my biggest concern since we have a defensive head coach.

• Upvote 2

This sounds terrible. Rolling with White plus someone about equal to him as the starter? Why be satisfied with a bottom 5 starter? 

If Zach is indeed gone. This in my opinion as well would be the way to go. All we need is a capable QB. One that can make the easy throws. That is Mike White or just about any vet Qb we would bring in. And with this team around him. Our QB whoever it is will certainly not be bottom 5

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I tend to lean this way - unless there’s in the locker room stuff that amplifies the choice to dunk in Zach and stick with MLF.

The fact MLF has gotten production out of Flacco, Josh Johnson, Mike White and now Streveler… Imagine a true QB talent in this offense. 

Anyway, Zach should be moved to #2 or #3, but his mother might tweet him right out of that option.

All this production MLF has gotten with all these other QB's is WAAAAAY overblown. Streveler, seriously? Jacksonville was not prepared for him, and in garbage time he ran for a bunch of yards, Not willing to call that production.

Jets offense was putrid with Flacco this year.

Mike White's Jets had a great game against the Bears, who doesn't, a sub-par game against the Vikings, and a terrible game against the Bills.

I hope everyone is right about MLF that he is actually good, but I don't see anything close to him being good TBH

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Agreed.  The Johnson Bros aren’t THAT stupid, they know they have to fumigate this massive stench as quickly as possible and the ONLY way to do that is to pay someone who already has “Been there done that..High quality Starter at some point in the NFL”…..the fans are going to accept a Minshaw type starting.

Obviously, we have no idea what’s going to happen, but this is a good post.

I never thought of this in the way you just laid it out, and yeah… it makes sense.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

“Wilson has lost even more confidence in himself after their last game…”

Oh, he has really matured sooooo much in 4 weeks.

If he’s ever gonna develop mentally and personality-wise beyond the twerp he is it is going to take a healthy dose of humble pie and time, plenty of it.

• Upvote 2