Glazer: Jets expected to move on from Zach Wilson after the season

T0mShane

Sam was a considerably better prospect overall from a legitimate program in a big conference. He didn’t implode until his third season. Zach Wilson has never been good, and he has a 60-grit personality besides. He’s been an albatross around Saleh’s neck and the Jets are likely much further ahead in their rebuild if they didn’t waste so much time trying to spoon-feed an emotionally feeble, spoiled mama’s boy from Utah. 
I hated the Darnold pick and every word of this post is true.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

That is just pure conjecture.  Been it sounds good with the recent game. I still maintain it is far far more likely the Jets fire LaFleur than get rid of Zach, They might do both but I am not seeing how LaFleur keeps his job

After watching the Panthers ran over the Lions, and MLF never tried to do that last week with a QB he knew needed a running game to help him, that should be the final straw for him right there where MLF should be replaced. Also, maybe as you are alluding to, Jets should try one more OC for Zack and whatever vet QB we will have. JD and Woody should just tell Saleh that either MLF goes or you both do.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I blame JD. It was his call and he has the final say so. I wanted Fields. It was the safer, smarter move.  Fields was more experienced, played more important games, has a better skill set and is bigger, faster and stronger. Dumb dumb and dumber.  @kevinc855 needs to go back to heckle JD wearing a Justin Fields jersey, "Hey JD you just made one of the biggest draft mistakes in history. Thanks for setting us back 5 years.  Ohhh and Justin sends his regards and wishes you Happy Holidays you pretzel eating machine!" 

Fields as a passer still looks overwhelmed. 

• Upvote 1

This is logical for sure but I sense there's something else going on here. I think the coaching staff/locker room hate the guy.
I doubt they hate him. They just don't believe in him AT ALL.

You can easily give him the Rogers treatment for 2 years and then decide what to do if he doesn't learn and grow up.

Agree.  They are going to have to bring in a real qb.  They are going to use all their picks stocking both lines.  If avt and breece return the team is primed for a playoff run.
Well they can't make a big move and also use all of their picks for the lines. A big move would likely require some of those premium picks to be used in the trade.

So you move on from the #2 pick overall after 2 years because he lost more confidence?

I am all for it and it is best for both parties but this is Zach’s family/group driving this.

coincidence mama pulls the jets fan base is toxic and no one can succeed here?

end it call ut a day and move on.

thus team is too talented and who knows just how bad it was/is in the locker room and org

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So you move on from the #2 pick overall after 2 years because he lost more confidence?

I am all for it and it is best for both parties but this is Zach’s family/group driving this.

coincidence mama pulls the jets fan base is toxic and no one can succeed here?

end it call ut a day and move on.

thus team is too talented and who knows just how bad it was/is in the locker room and org

Why would it be his family driving this? 

Im sure Zach knows himself, he would have to be pretty much a full on finished product for this fan base to give him a chance. He would have no room for error at all. Just best for both sides. 

I would be for keeping him as long as he understands he’s now QB3 and we’re moving forward with whoever else. 

20 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

W t f is a Jay Glazer ...I mean I know who he is ... Where the **** did he come from , out from what godforsaken rock was he birthed????

Mel Kiper of the NFL reporter circle.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

He's connected. That's his credentials.

• Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

After watching the Panthers ran over the Lions, and MLF never tried to do that last week with a QB he knew needed a running game to help him, that should be the final straw for him right there where MLF should be replaced. Also, maybe as you are alluding to, Jets should try one more OC for Zack and whatever vet QB we will have. JD and Woody should just tell Saleh that either MLF goes or you both do.

Uh, no thanks, we've seen quite enough to know that this guy is simply a lousy QB, a big historic bust. Shane is right with his description of the season. They have given enough blood for this patient it's time to stop, and put the defibrillator paddles away, the patient has redlined

• Post of the Week 2

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Why would it be his family driving this? 

Im sure Zach knows himself, he would have to be pretty much a full on finished product for this fan base to give him a chance. He would have no room for error at all. Just best for both sides. 

I would be for keeping him as long as he understands he’s now QB3 and we’re moving forward with whoever else. 

His mom’s comment kind of sealed it for me.

I never thought there was any truth to people saying that during the year but after seeing her post that - I see fire within the smoke

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

Aaron Rodgers and give up whatever it takes to get him. He isnt done. Two 1sts, Zach Wilson, and JFM. I DONT CARE.

JD just put up an all-time great Jets draft in 2022 and you want to send TWO first rounders away for a $40M per year QB who has very little juice left to squeeze?

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, pointman said:

Nah. Peoples memories are short if you are a winner. If he comes back next year and competes and wins the job, and plays like what we expected... the fans will love and embrace him again. 

“Like what we expected”, lol.

I “expected” him to be sh*t when he arrived and he didn’t even live up to THAT expectation.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Sometimes there is a man. A man that cannot be helped.

45 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

I doubt they hate him. They just don't believe in him AT ALL.

You can easily give him the Rogers treatment for 2 years and then decide what to do if he doesn't learn and grow up.

Oh, it is hate. A seething hatred from within that can only be summed up by: “this man is costing me money.”

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

JD just put up an all-time great Jets draft in 2022 and you want to send TWO first rounders away for a $40M per year QB who has very little juice left to squeeze?

Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

This locker room has proven is responds well to sulky isolationists. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Even if that will be the front offices (GM/HC) decision , there would be no benefit of them releasing that information now. Just makes no sense , so I claim total speculation BS and Glaser trying to lay claim he was first in breaking the news. 

Not just a river in Egypt. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Because if the Jets front office wants any sort of return in the trade, they have to convince another coaching staff that Zach has a well of unlocked potential that this coaching staff, in this market, just couldn’t tap into. 

Similar to the way Darnold’s trade value was based primarily on the Jets’ own ineptitude.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Similar to the way Darnold’s trade value was based primarily on the Jets’ own ineptitude.

Less years on Darnold contract actually increased his value in trade and drove it up notwithstanding the Panthers idiotic decision to trigger his 5th year option, an unforced error we have been over many times.

WHo da fugg is giving up significant draft capital to be on the hook for 2 years guaranteed of BYU????

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Probably, but we're not going to get much.  Possibly some kind of conditional draft pick type thing.  

It would be worth it to pass on his contract to another team rather than taking on the full brunt of the dead cap hit we’d face by cutting him.

ANY return would be welcome.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No one is touching Zach for anything more than the latest of picks with the Jets eating some/most of his salary.

He's been a level of bad you almost never see. He will be out of the NFL entirely in 2 years. 

All it takes is one team to disagree with this viewpoint and a deal can be struck.

Never count out Joe Douglas when an opportunity comes to fleece somebody.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you listen to Steve Young pre-draft, he made it sound like Team Zach and the Jets were working through a hostage negotiation to get him here in the first place. You can only imagine how they feel now. IMO, concessions and promises were made to them, and Zach’s play never justified it. Guessing both parties are sick of dealing with each other. 

Good memory. Team Wilson always had their hearts set on San Francisco. And in fairness, who wouldn't. 

Young would have been fairly active in steering Team Wilson towards San Francisco, but Douglas managed to do enough of a recruiting drive to convince everyone, that the Jets had adults in charge of developing QBs now. 

A big factor in that would have been the Jets appointment of Greg Knapp. Knapp was actually the QB coach in San Francisco in 1998 when Young had his career high numbers in touchdowns and total yards. Knapp lent a semblance of credibility to the Jets coaching staff. 

Young knew as early as the Falcons game last year that Zach was in trouble. He was having trouble with his footwork, but Knapp's unfortunate passing, exposed the Jets 'neophyte' (LeFleur) and 'the plan that was not in place'. 

Young could see all of this after 5 games. 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/10/14/steve-young-reminiscences-working-greg-knapp/

Screenshot_2022-12-24-23-22-06-709_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would be worth it to pass on his contract to another team rather than taking on the full brunt of the dead cap hit we’d face by cutting him.

ANY return would be welcome.  

I’d give up some capital to unload him ala the Brock Osweiler trade 

• Upvote 1