Should JD be fired?

Wit

1 hour ago, Wit said:

I actually really like JD.

Does whiffing on the number 2 pick QB mean hes out?

Personally JD has made progress, and hes a victim of some really bad luck with O line injuries AND pampering Zach (who sucked) with offensive picks.

I hope he stays. I think Saleh has done a good job with the defense.

I think MLF probably needs to go but Zach being generationally terrible saves him. 

No one cares about bad luck, the picks work or they don't

He has whiffed on #2 overall QB and #11 overall LT  two terrible misses and he has some other bad ones as well.

He has made some good picks and good trades though so he should be in no danger at all imo. 

Huge test this off season to see what happens at QB.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He Didbt HAVE to draft a qb. Outside of Laurence, there was no obvious pick. Even when there is, qbs taken too early often are busts. Look at darnold, baker and Rosen all in same class. All thought would be great, all busts. He could have sured up OL, and went with vet or Mike white. And imagine using darnold pick, and 3 2nd rounders gave up to trade up for darnold, for OL/TE. Mike white probably still is playing with healthy ribs. 

In hindsight, sure. But without the benefit of hindsight, it should’ve been Fields. 

51 minutes ago, peebag said:

Who's the vet?

I love how people suggest picking up another qb like picking up groceries - there's nothing out there.

Yeah there’s never anything out there. Hardly ever see a vet get loose or traded. Even if we pickup the 32nd ranked QB, that’s still an improvement for us. Go figure. 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Wit said:

Personally JD has made progress, and hes a victim of some really bad luck with O line injuries AND pampering Zach (who sucked) with offensive picks.

I think MLF probably needs to go but Zach being generationally terrible saves him. 

Completely agree.

Jets fans: we are the worst team in history at drafting. We can't acquire talent or make trades, and haven't had a meaningful December game in forever

JD has what could be a historic draft in getting two ROTY offensive candidates, ROTY defensive player, historic heist in the Adams trade, and had the team in playoff contention in December after a complete tear down the year before.

Jets fans: should we fire JD?

Just can't make this crap up. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

In hindsight, sure. But without the benefit of hindsight, it should’ve been Fields. 

No doubt there. I just hate the thinking your qb has to come from the draft. Look how many great picks we wasted on qb busts. Glad we have Sauce and Garrett Wilson, who are playing on high level just like predicted. Instead of possibly another qb bust.

We are so lucky to have JD and he needs to be kept long term.  Zach was the right pick folks!  We had to have a QB and he was rated 2nd to Lawrence by a long way.  Top drafted QBs have to perform immediately  and unfortunately, Zach hasn’t worked out. If we traded out, Zach certainly would have gone #2. 

Almost every game with Zach the last two years has been uncomfortable even for fans.  If JD moves off of Zach so soon it will be even more impressive.  I feel more confident in JD making the team right for 23 than I have of winning any game with Zach under center the last two years. And for a long time I was hopeful that we had struck gold with our young QB.  

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Dupe said:

We are so lucky to have JD and he needs to be kept long term.  Zach was the right pick folks!  We had to have a QB and he was rated 2nd to Lawrence by a long way.  Top drafted QBs have to perform immediately  and unfortunately, Zach hasn’t worked out. If we traded out, Zach certainly would have gone #2. 

Almost every game with Zach the last two years has been uncomfortable even for fans.  If JD moves off of Zach so soon it will be even more impressive.  I feel more confident in JD making the team right for 23 than I have of winning any game with Zach under center the last two years. And for a long time I was hopeful that we had struck gold with our young QB.  

Thank you for saving me the time of having to write my own post. Yours says it all perfectly. It's amazing that more fans don't see it that way . . .

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Screenshot_20221224_201601_DuckDuckGo.jpg

No. He shouldn't be fired. But he needs to figure out the oline and qb situation sooner rather than later.

I would implore JD not to compound an error at qb by making a knee jerk move and investing in the wrong guy next year.

He has a chance to untie himself from zach but giving out a huge deal or trading assets from the wrong guy will definitely do him in and screw the jets for years to come.

If you're not sure, just stick with white and bring in another journeyman to compete with him.

34 minutes ago, bd71 said:

Let’s fire our GM after only a few years and just hitting on an excellent draft class.  I’m sure FA’s would be lining up to come here.  Yes he flubbed the Wilson pick, but he’s not getting fired, nor should he be.

The thoughts behind firing him are squarely because of Wilson. That’s a miss that’s hard to come back from as a GM. The system in place that would allow a franchise to invest the 2nd overall pick on a player who simply can’t play and seems to be a headcase is certainly worthy of  moving on from Douglas. The Becton pick isn’t as also a huge problem and a total scout whiff.

• Thumb Down 1