Jets Playoffs Chances/Mike White Has a Chance To Become King of NY

T0mShane

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Let’s hope Mike White can get us to the playoffs and then we upgrade in the offseason. Nice player and story but he’s made of glass, but would love him as backup 

I don't think he's glass. The hits he took would have broken Big Ben's ribs as well. Monster shots to the same area.

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I have a feeling there's something up with Flacco and they don't want to play him.  Hopefully MW is okay and can play.  But if he can't, and Flacco isn't an option then I think ZW has to play over Strev.  The playoffs are still at stake here.  We can't have a CFL backup at QB.

Can’t argue.

it is a tough spot if mw can’t go.

I would have said strev but he is limited snd not the qb with a playoff spot on the line.

can’t believe I am saying this but I prefer Flacco over Zach based on the last week

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TNJet said:

True, I stand corrected. But the running game won it on the last drive Robinson and Carter drove us all the way down to the redzone. Wilson connected to Mims on 1 slant.

I’ll take a well balanced offense and a W over 300 yards and an L. Against Detroit Zach threw for over 300. If defense gives you the running game a smartly run offense takes it. When Breece healthy Zach ran it pretty ok. Also Josh Allen only threw for 205 that day. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

I’ll take a well balanced offense and a W over 300 yards and an L. Against Detroit Zach threw for over 300. If defense gives you the running game a smartly run offense takes it. When Breece healthy Zach ran it pretty ok. Also Josh Allen only threw for 205 that day. 

Not me.  Give me the stats and the L.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I don't think he's glass. The hits he took would have broken Big Ben's ribs as well. Monster shots to the same area.

I'm really sick of that meme TN, all these Zach cultists keep saying that White is made of glass and is injury prone while their boy missed all of TC and the first qtr of the regular season on a QB keeper and he wasn't even touched! And White is injury prone? How many games did he miss last year? Taking THIS hit. What would have happened if little Zachey headband was hit like this?

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm really sick of that meme TN, all these Zach cultists keep saying that White is made of glass and is injury prone while their boy missed all of TC and the first qtr of the regular season on a QB keeper and he wasn't even touched! And White is injury prone? How many games did he miss last year? Taking THIS hit. What would have happened if little Zachey headband was hit like this?

Injuries are injuries.  No one should or seems to be calling Mike White brittle for those hits.  It would be dumb considering he broke his ribs.  It’s equally dumb to call anyone soft for a non contact knee injury given it’s probably the most common knee injury in the NFL

22 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Can’t argue.

it is a tough spot if mw can’t go.

I would have said strev but he is limited snd not the qb with a playoff spot on the line.

can’t believe I am saying this but I prefer Flacco over Zach based on the last week

Start any over ZW. He's mentally broken.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

That day against a top D?  That won?  The problem?

Why are we bitching about a win against a SB favorite?  Wasn’t fun?

Only because people are saying ZACH beat Buffalo. lol no he just managed the game and didn't have his signature 3 ints.

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Start any over ZW. He's mentally broken.

See I am starting to wonder if that is part of the game.

not doubting he is but too much smoke lately if him not wanting to be here.

who knows but maybe someday we will know what really happened and why so many of his teammates do not like him.

it’s sometjing

Just now, Trotter said:

See I am starting to wonder if that is part of the game.

not doubting he is but too much smoke lately if him not wanting to be here.

who knows but maybe someday we will know what really happened and why so many of his teammates do not like him.

it’s sometjing

Yeah he's a spoiled overrated brat with no leadership skills or accountability. Silver spoon man...You can't figure that out yet? lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yes.....no, dude it was a convo that HE beat them alone, not the great running game or season best defensive outing. 

Someone wrote he won the game alone?  Pretty much any ‘he won the game on his own” take is always wrong, no matter the player

• Haha 1

Folks, if you think Zack is the only option if MFW doesn’t heal enough by next Sunday, then you were sleeping thru that Jags game.
Flacco is a statue back there, and defenses will tee off on him. Let’s face it is days as a professional football player are over. Could be a good coach down road, but his last possession was all you need to see to know the truth.
This team does not want to play for Zack and that should be clear as glass to everyone. Look what happen in the Jags game when Strev came in, the whole team came alive. The chains started to move on a consistent pace, if the refs didn’t stop the momentum on his first drive I believe we would have scored.
We all must remember Zack got all the first team practice reps prior to the Jags game and game plan was supposed to revolve around his play.
I am sure the coaching staff was hoping that Zack would step up at last and make us at the very least competitive with the Jags. The last thing they expected was to have to rely on the third string QB to try and win a game. This without having the practice reps to help prepare and get him into rhythm with his receivers.
So with no ill will to Zack,wish him all the best where ever he lands. Really not his fault, that he was thrown to the wolfs long before he was every ready. A mistake this organization continues to make over and over. We can only hope they have finally learn this hard lesson, and draft young potential and talent and then allow the slow process of becoming a NFL quarterback to happen. I expect this process to take a minimum of two years. Other than spot play and preseason ,that youngster should never see the field.
On that note, here is my opinion on what we need to do to finish this season. Pray MW is cleared to play, as he gives up the best chance to win with him under center. Do whatever we need to do to protect him and keep him upright. Failing that and he is unable to play, then make sure Strev gets every single rep in practice this week. Tailor the offense around him and his strengths. Make sure he is getting an abundance of passing reps as the defense will expect him to be running. Say what you will about the CFL, but this man lead and won the championship of that league. He beat there best and that says something, the guy is a winner.
For me , after almost 55 years of following this team, enjoying the possibilities in late December has made the last 4 games bearable.
Keeping my eyes on the prize, this offseason and the actual promise of what could and should be next season are finally not just BS words. Win or lose the rest of the way, who would not take this season fun with the expectations we have coming into the season and the promise of even more to come.
God bless and keep you all safe and healthy for the next year and of course
A MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

32 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Injuries are injuries.  No one should or seems to be calling Mike White brittle for those hits.  It would be dumb considering he broke his ribs.  It’s equally dumb to call anyone soft for a non contact knee injury given it’s probably the most common knee injury in the NFL

Exactly bro, but that's all we've been hearing from these guys.

14 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Failing that and he is unable to play, then make sure Strev gets every single rep in practice this week. Tailor the offense around him and his strengths. Make sure he is getting an abundance of passing reps as the defense will expect him to be running. Say what you will about the CFL, but this man lead and won the championship of that league. He beat there best and that says something, the guy is a winner.

1940750354_DonaldDuckLaughing.gif.f3722405c32dd1113f3de136d97ce1b2.gif

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

What are the odds of you and a few of the remaining Zach cult HOPING that he doesn't?

Look unlike many here with Zach, if MW is under center against Sea I won't 

1) Say i'm not watching and have better things to do on Sunday. 

2) Post snarky comments after every incompletion or bad play. 

3) Continue to post and create endless threads all saying the same thing in different ways Mike White sucks. 

To be honest at this point in time I'm not sure what to think about the QB situation , I don't like any of the current options . However unlike 99.9% of the cast here I still have not given up on ZW. I understand that makes me a pariah and public enemy #1 , but that's my choice and I can live with it regardless of how many immature posters will attack and call me names rather than debating their points. 

I'm more against the MW hype than the actual player , because I feel fans are way over estimating his play because they are so against and sick of ZW. I'll cheer for MW and hope he plays well but it won't stop me from pointing out my beliefs and observations surrounding his game. 

We're all Jets fans here (well at least most of us) and we all want the same thing  for the Jets to be a winning franchise with the ultimate goal of winning a SB. We all have our opinions, wishes and theories on how best to accomplish that feat. 

Unlike the countless flip-floppers here I will stand fast in my beliefs. If and when the time comes and the team moves on from ZW , I will root and support the next QB , just like when Pennington, Sanchez , Darnold, Geno etc..  were no longer the QB. 

So label me a Zach cult member, a truther, whatever it is that let's you sleep at night  - it's not going to change my fandom of the Jets and it's certainly not going to change my opinions.