Jets Playoffs Chances/Mike White Has a Chance To Become King of NY

T0mShane

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Look unlike many here with Zach, if MW is under center against Sea I won't 

1) Say i'm not watching and have better things to do on Sunday. 

2) Post snarky comments after every incompletion or bad play. 

3) Continue to post and create endless threads all saying the same thing in different ways Mike White sucks. 

To be honest at this point in time I'm not sure what to think about the QB situation , I don't like any of the current options . However unlike 99.9% of the cast here I still have not given up on ZW. I understand that makes me a pariah and public enemy #1 , but that's my choice and I can live with it regardless of how many immature posters will attack and call me names rather than debating their points. 

I'm more against the MW hype than the actual player , because I feel fans are way over estimating his play because they are so against and sick of ZW. I'll cheer for MW and hope he plays well but it won't stop me from pointing out my beliefs and observations surrounding his game. 

We're all Jets fans here (well at least most of us) and we all want the same thing  for the Jets to be a winning franchise with the ultimate goal of winning a SB. We all have our opinions, wishes and theories on how best to accomplish that feat. 

Unlike the countless flip-floppers here I will stand fast in my beliefs. If and when the time comes and the team moves on from ZW , I will root and support the next QB , just like when Pennington, Sanchez , Darnold, Geno etc..  were no longer the QB. 

So label me a Zach cult member, a truther, whatever it is that let's you sleep at night  - it's not going to change my fandom of the Jets and it's certainly not going to change my opinions. 

You can have your opinions but they do not constitute facts and continually saying things like MW is injury prone and citing ZW's record when he was QBing are a perfect example of opinions not being facts. Watching that hit White took that he got hurt on does not qualify as a man being injury prone and just because Wilson was the QB when the Jets happened to win doesn't mean a thing because he didn't "win" the games by some dominant play.

• More Ugh 1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I don't think he's glass. The hits he took would have broken Big Ben's ribs as well. Monster shots to the same area.

I’d agree but he went out last year with a hurt arm after throwing a touchdown. I like White but wouldn’t be comfortable yet making him the starter for next year 

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

You can have your opinions but they do not constitute facts and continually saying things like MW is injury prone and citing ZW's record when he was QBing are a perfect example of opinions not being facts. Watching that hit White took that he got hurt on does not qualify as a man being injury prone and just because Wilson was the QB when the Jets happened to win doesn't mean a thing because he didn't "win" the games by some dominant play.

Again you can tell yourself whatever you want if it makes you happy . My Opinions are my opinions, you don't have to like them.

All I can say is I see very similar statements coming out in support of MW that when said about ZW were considered excuses. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

If you can't move well enough in the pocket and get hammered yes that can lead to multiple injuries, two yeas two injuries.  And yes wins are important.

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Merry Christmas to an 82nd dude (of which my father was a proud veteran of in WWII E Co. 505). I'll tell you Bronx I disagree with this whole "Mike White isn't durable enough" thing that so many have been saying about him. This had nothing to do with anything he could have done, he could have been bulking up for a year in advance and still that shot he took from Matt Milano would have cracked the ribs of any other QB playing football today.

This was all about a lousy blocking scheme and an untouched blitzing LBer hitting a man at full speed. The Jets need to hire a better offensive line coach and need to fix their training staff so that maybe the team doesn't sustain so many devastating injuries next year.  

ANY human being taking a shot like this will be hurt and Mike is lucky that he was so bendable or he could have really been seriously damaged for life

Oh please. Yes it was a gigantic hit. But he got injured last year pretty quickly when he played, and even before the Buffalo game he was pretty beat up the game before as well. He just makes no impression of being a really durable guy. Zach had the non contact issue but he seems far more durable than Mike White.

Look, I hope White comes back next week and we win out because we would have a very very good chance of making the playoffs. But the almost idolization of White is just out of control. He has shown nothing really more than being a solid #2/spot starter type of guy

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We have two games left. One in Seattle, the other in Miami. I wonder what the odds are of us winning one of those, much less both of them.

Anybody care to look that up?

I just want to beat Geno Smith. No way we lose to that piece of poop. He set us back a decade. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm old enough to remember when bam knight won Pepsi zero sugar rookie of the week.

12 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Remind me again what powerhouse Defense was that against. 

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm drunk right now but I think it was the jaguars who are ranked around 28th in defensive dvoa. 

12 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yes you are drunk. 

You are right - sorry.

We were facing the Bills who have the 3rd ranked defensive run DVOA when Bam won PZSROW, not the Jaguars who are 14th against the run. When we faced the lesser opponent w/Wilson at QB we couldn't run the ball (until streveler came in). 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If Strev suits up he shouldn't be the starter no way. He had moderate success no points and that was with a bending defense giving him yardage. He could have a role and a package but I'd start Zach or Flacco over him. Look I don't know about Wilson's confidence being so shot. He played last week in very bad weather conditions, had almost no run support and he was terrible. The previous week he showed up and for most of the game was competitive and put the team in a position to win. The team has won 5 games with him as starter so he's not as abysmal as some fans are saying. If White is healthy he'll start. 

Good points but if Zach does indeed play, does the team play for him?   They obviously hate his guts. What players on any other team wear t shirts of the 'back up QB' to make their point as to who they support. And what HC would even allow this to transpire and fracture a locker room. Really bizarre but the writing is on the t-shirt. 

Screenshot-2022-12-04-at-09.37.35-Medium.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Good points but if Zach does indeed play, does the team play for him?   They obviously hate his guts. What players on any other team wear t shirts of the 'back up QB' to make their point as to who they support. And what HC would even allow this to transpire and fracture a locker room. Really bizarre but the writing is on the t-shirt. 

I don’t know if they hate him we didn’t hear any of that last season. We heard stories and saw pics of him hanging with teammates at Rangers games etc. The dissension we heard about came from wide receivers two of them deactivated after complaining about no or few targets. Zach not calling the plays LaFleur is. 

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Way WAY out of context. 

Those shirts were only worn AFTER Mike White was named the starter. It was clearly a rally around the backup type thing and never a statement as to who they wanted to start versus who they didn't. 

You're taking a lot of liberties with your statement. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

I just want to beat Geno Smith. No way we lose to that piece of poop. He set us back a decade. 

Hmmm, In a way, I see what you’re getting at, it would’ve been great if he worked out, but he was a 2nd round pick.

Let’s be real here… it’s kinda hard to blame Geno for the last 10 years.

27 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Way WAY out of context. 

Those shirts were only worn AFTER Mike White was named the starter. It was clearly a rally around the backup type thing and never a statement as to who they wanted to start versus who they didn't. 

You're taking a lot of liberties with your statement. 

Really? Those t shirts were also worn AFTERWARDS and Saleh did NOTHING to send a message to the other players or cared about Zach's hurt feelings. Sorry, I dont know any HC in NFL history who would have allowed that.. Care to retract your statement.

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Really? Those t shirts were also worn AFTERWARDS and Saleh did NOTHING to send a message to the other players or cared about Zach's hurt feelings. Sorry, I dont know any HC in NFL history who would have allowed that.. Care to retract your statement.

Nothing to retract because you're just wrong lol. Have some eggnog and take your L. 

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

White has started 6 games and left 3 due to injury. If he's not injury prone he sure looks like it so far.

• Upvote 2

I’m assuming he learned his lesson about exposing his belly , I would love to see him side step rushers, move around in the pocket to buy time. He doesn’t have to sprint for a first down, but if the first rusher always gets him down that’s a problem.