<<< Official Christmas Football Sunday Thread >>>

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yankees did it for yrs, dodgers have been past 5 years. Don’t know why there is no cap in baseball. I don’t like tanking either, but sure would have been nice to have Trevor Laurence instead of bag of ? like Zach Wilson.

For the next decade, Trevor will be leading Jax on deep playoff runs (and probably a couple of SBs), while we sit around arguing the merits of guys like Gardner Minshew and Derek Carr.

• Upvote 3

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

That's cool. 

Luck and Manning were already winning 11 and 13 games their 2nd year with not that much changes to the roster from when they were drafted....

Like I said....Trevor has all the tools to be a Top 3-5 QB in time.....I never saw "Generational" prospect with him and still don't.....he's not otherworldly like some of the other once in a generation guys we've seen. Just my opinion....

I think they're going to win their division this year and possibly have a deep playoff run.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think they're going to win their division this year and probably have a deep playoff run.

Wouldn't shock me at all....they seem to be getting hot at the right time 

Also Pederson is a great coach who got underrated because of how his tenure in Philly ended....

And for FWIW....I'll never get over winning that Rams game to take us out of the TLaw sweepstakes

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Yankees did it for yrs, dodgers have been past 5 years. Don’t know why there is no cap in baseball. I don’t like tanking either, but sure would have been nice to have Trevor Laurence instead of bag of ? like Zach Wilson.

I don’t think Zach is a “bag of s” he’s had bad games and so did Trevor esp last season. A year ago fans might have chosen Zach over him but Zach had two monumentally bad games this season. The bottom line with a QB is wins vs losses not passing yards etc. The jury’s not out on Zach yet look at diff with Trevor with good coaching. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 3

6 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Luck and Manning were already winning 11 and 13 games their 2nd year with not that much changes to the roster from when they were drafted....

This isnt true, at least for Manning. 

Besides Manning taking a step up, their defense during his second year gained new d-cord Vic Fangio that allowed about 120 points less than the previous season. That, and they added Edgerrin James who doubled Marshall Faulks TD production from the previous season as well. 

Those are some big ass boosts. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Ok Trevor threw for 229 yds and had 1 rushing TD against a winded defense...let's not get carried away 

Star and generational are entirely different levels lol 

Luck took a 2-14 Colts team back to playoffs his rookie year....AFCCG his 3rd year 

The Colts were only 2-14 because Manning was out and they tanked. They had a playoff roster without question.

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This isnt true, at least for Manning. 

Besides Manning taking a step up, their defense during his second year gained new d-cord Vic Fangio that allowed about 120 points less than the previous season. That, and they added Edgerrin James who doubled Marshall Faulks TD production from the previous season as well. 

Those are some big ass boosts. 

Point taken about the defense

but......17 total TDs for Edgerrin......10 total TDs for Faulk yes it's a difference but Faulk had 2300 yds from scrimmage and finished 5th in OPOY voting in 98'....let's not make it seem like they went from Jag to pro bowler at RB lol 

10 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Manning carried that roster....it was the other way around buddy 

Manning played in 2010 and they went 10-6.  Manning had his neck injury in 2011 and they went 2-14 with Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky and the corpse of Kerry Collins at QB. The skill players were basically the same.  Luck took that same team to the playoffs in 2012. Luck was great, but let's not make it like he took a downtrodden 2 win team to the playoffs. If you look under the word tank in the dictionary, you see a team picture of the 2011 Colts.

12 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Point taken about the defense

but......17 total TDs for Edgerrin......10 total TDs for Faulk yes it's a difference but Faulk had 2300 yds from scrimmage and finished 5th in OPOY voting in 98'....let's not make it seem like they went from Jag to pro bowler at RB lol 

Rushing. It went from 6 TDs with Faulk to 13 TDs with James. 

That's a huge difference.

The receiving yards for both RBs were both coming from Manning so that's a wash, but the rushing production was on them individually. 

The point differential from season 1 to season 2 was vast, and Fangio and James were a very very large part of that.