Jets now basically control their own destiny

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

We need the Chiefs to win to keep the Bills playing hard that final week and needing to beat the Patriots to get a bye. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami loses next week to the Patriots. 

Biggest thing at this point for the Jets is Mike White getting cleared. It's probably the only thing that can inject life back into the team and get them playing good again.

Checked that and KC has Denver at home and Raider in LV. Not a tough schedule for them though they are division games. Tenn and Jags play each other so the one that wins takes the division and the loser with 9 losses can’t beat out any team that only has 8 losses after all games are played.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Still need the pats to lose another game 

it should happen but no guarantees 

Yes, but going by NE and Fins both seem to be doing so much to lose with their starting QBs. Let’s face it the Jets true starting QB is White and we have not had him the last 2 games. We need him back this week badly.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Still need the pats to lose another game 

it should happen but no guarantees 

Have you seen the last few games the Pats played against the Bills? It's not even remotely close. Also, have you seen the last two games the Pats played and how they snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory? 1-1 is their ceiling and I highly doubt they win either game. They can't score enough points to beat either team and the Bills will need that game to secure home field advantage and a bye.

37 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

If we can get White cleared to play, and now that Fins, NE, and the Raiders lost, if we win out we just need NE to lose 1 of 2 with games at home against the Fins and at the Bills. Let’s see if we can take care of our own business and see if this occurs for us. We deserve it.

We don’t deserve it at all. There’s no reason that the Jets at 7-4, should have been in any position to have to luck into the playoffs. I hope like hell it happens but losing 4 in a row and 5 of 6 is completely unacceptable. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We don’t deserve it at all. There’s no reason that the Jets at 7-4, should have been in any position to have to luck into the playoffs. I hope like hell it happens but losing 4 in a row and 5 of 6 is completely unacceptable. 

I hear ya, but here we are. It could happen, and if it can, I want it too.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Vader said:

Can you let White play behind this OL if he's not really 100% but cleared to play? 

Spell him with Strev. It could work. Zach? NO. They should have never brought him back for the Lions game. Everything was calm until they brought him back, now it's a complete disaster. 

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Vader said:

Can you let White play behind this OL if he's not really 100% but cleared to play? 

I’m sure White would be more than willing. At this point if your Saleh you do whatever it takes to stop the bleeding and get a W and show the team your still about making the playoffs despite his moronic comment that it’s no longer about that.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If we win out we have a 70% chance to make playoffs as of last look (before this evening’s games). Not exactly controlling our destiny but one thing is for sure we can send ourselves home early by losing.

I just want Mike White to start and the Jets beat the Seahawks. I'll be good until next year. Two more losses and stupid decisions will demoralize me to give up. Enoughs enough with the stupidity.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I just want Mike White to start and the Jets beat the Seahawks. I'll be good until next year. Two more losses and stupid decisions will demoralize me to give up. Enoughs enough with the stupidity.

If Mike White plays I’m watching, if not, no point in my personal opinion. Not knocking anyone who chooses differently.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Oh, I'm with you. If Zach starts, I'll still watch but just to post funny comments in the game thread. 

You don’t have to even watch just post every 5 minutes “WTF is he thinking?!?!” Or “He got away with one there.”

No one will know the difference. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2