hey everyone, hear me out. Should we sign Baker?

pointman

Doesn’t seem like 22 year old Trey Lance thinks he’s going anywhere lol. 

On Thursday, a Sonos sound bar was placed in front of each player’s locker, courtesy of the 22-year old quarterback. The offensive line received an additional gift of heavy-duty Yeti insulated backpacks as well as Lance picking up the tab to have the entire group outfitted for custom suits.

why does everyone seem to think the 9ers are moving on from Lance ?

1 hour ago, Jetsfan_always said:

We have a great D - one of the league's best. We have a good offense, though the OL needs work.  We have good RBs and WRs, just need a QB, even a slightly better than average one, to get into the PO in AFC East.

Should we sign Baker as a FA and draft OLs to fill out the offense? I'd not thought much of Mayfield but he has looked decisive and capable on the Rams the few games he's played for them. Thoughts?

Did you think this last week? 

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

In all seriousness, Baker would be perfect for this team next year (and beyond).

He can easily be a top 15 QB with the weapons we have, he’s still young. He won’t command a huge contract, and yes… he’s better than Mike White, Gardner Minshew and Jimmy G. (I won’t even bring up Zach)

Contrary to what I’ve seen a few here say, he would thrive in NY. He’s the type who loves the limelight, and he’s a leader.

If we’re being honest about finding a proven veteran QB who we can legitimately hope to sign for next year, I can’t think of a better option than Baker.

He does make quick reads and gets the ball out quick. Which when you have a OL like ours, that’s a big plus. Unlike Zach who reads D at a 3rd grade level. 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

What other starting job would be more appealing to him? This is going to be a team that can win next year if the QB plays at a high level.

Actually if the QB plays at a high level the team can win it all next year.

Even an old dark sider like me has to agree. This is the best Jets team we have had in a long time. To win as many games we have with league-worst QB play is honestly incredible in today’s NFL.

2 QBs (MW can be 1 of these), 2 OL and probably a LB should be off season priorities. Jets have all their draft capital and I hope the draft breaks so that a finished product OL is there for us in the first. No high-ceiling projects this time. Get a corn fed boy from the Midwest that is already solid and can do the dirty work from Day 1. Anyone from Iowa (AKA OL-U) coming out?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If Mayfield is the best available, sure.

I want the best reasonably available.

Hope we can do better but we cannot fall into not-perfectism. As you say, evaluate all options, rank them, start at the top and move down one by one.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

We have a great D - one of the league's best. We have a good offense, though the OL needs work.  We have good RBs and WRs, just need a QB, even a slightly better than average one, to get into the PO in AFC East.

Should we sign Baker as a FA and draft OLs to fill out the offense? I'd not thought much of Mayfield but he has looked decisive and capable on the Rams the few games he's played for them. Thoughts?

Absolutely not. I would rather sign Darnold. Baker is a bust. That score in the game yesterday was because the Denver D has given up on the season and their O turning the ball over. They made Higbee look like Gronk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

I think Denver may be the only competition for a a QB if they decide to move on from their Wilson as well.  I actually think that's were Zach ends up going to restart his career and think that would be a decent fit for him.

I don't think they can cut Wilson. Wasn't  his contract guaranteed? 

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

In all seriousness, Baker would be perfect for this team next year (and beyond).

He can easily be a top 15 QB with the weapons we have, he’s still young. He won’t command a huge contract, and yes… he’s better than Mike White, Gardner Minshew and Jimmy G. (I won’t even bring up Zach)

Contrary to what I’ve seen a few here say, he would thrive in NY. He’s the type who loves the limelight, and he’s a leader.

If we’re being honest about finding a proven veteran QB who we can legitimately hope to sign for next year, I can’t think of a better option than Baker.

Walking into MetLife first home game of next year!

DC66B3C8-FC96-4B2B-BD76-D22E2A333516.jpeg

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Did you think this last week? 

I've been saying this for weeks! Check my posts. Baker has a great arm & with our receivers ( Wilson & Moore) the skys the limit. Alo we have two pretty good tight ends. Bruce Hal will be back, he can catch along with Cater & Bam Bam. Baker to the Jets? A great match. He got a bad deal in Cleveland and Carolina 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

I thought the same thing yesterday while watching him demolish the Broncos.  I think it might be worth a shot depending on what other options are out there. I would think JD would have to consider it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Mcvay runs a variation of the shannahan offense and while we cannot discount what Mcvay brings to the table on his own, it is interesting to see baker play well in Mcvays system. I don’t know if you can remove the bust label from baker yet but the rams last two games could do a lot for bakers stock heading into next season.