Costello: White cleared, will start Sunday

dbatesman

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'd seriously consider making Streveler the back up and Flacco the emergency QB. While Streveler is not a starting QB, he does offer a boost when he comes in because he is not Zach Wilson or Joe Flacco. He can keep the chains moving.

Both Flacco and Strev need to be active 

Strev is Taysom Hill in the run game 

12 minutes ago, Wit said:

I feel so bad for MW, in that he's an average QB with no running game and an OL falling apart. This fanbase is so starved of decent QB play that he is our savior. Kind of crazy.

MW will raise the level of play w/his presence in the huddle. Watch the OL play its best pass protecting game of the season. They’re not gonna let him get hurt.

Bam bounce back w-no more stacked boxes. Ty Johnson morphs into Marshall Faulk with MW. Get ready. It’s happening. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DireJet said:

MW will raise the level of play w/his presence in the huddle. Watch the OL play its best pass protecting game of the season. They’re not gonna let him get hurt.

Bam bounce back w-no more stacked boxes. Ty Johnson morphs into Marshall Faulk with MW. Get ready. It’s happening. 

The entire team, coaches included I’m sure have a bounce in their step…..will be a different team

• Upvote 2

If Zach looks ok in practice and meetings I’d activate him as backup. He’s never gone into a game as a reliever and if needed with his long game potential could he bring us back in a close game. He actually did vs Detroit. If better clock management more time to finish that drive at least a shorter FG attempt. That was a week ago. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Titan24 said:

The entire team, coaches included I’m sure have a bounce in their step…..will be a different team

Our leader is back. It’s worth a minimum of 3 points even when you have another competent QB on the roster. For us, it’s worth like 7 points. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If Zach looks ok in practice and meetings I’d activate him as backup. He’s never gone into a game as a reliever and if needed with his long game potential could he bring us back in a close game. He actually did vs Detroit. If better clock management more time to finish that drive at least a shorter FG attempt. That was a week ago. 

Zach should wait in the car the rest of our playoff run. That way we avoid the train wreck collapse.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Don’t matter. Games over if it goes to that. Run it 100 times. 

I think you have Streveler suited up, and you have designed plays for him.  

We also HAVE to be creative with the running game, and lean on that.  If we are throwing, put an extra lineman in to block.

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

Treatment for cracked ribs:

1. Rest

2. Alternate heat and ice

3. Have the guy doing the job when you’re laid up epically blow

Reverse these for a more accurate thought process. I've broken multiple ribs, as well as had a through-body scapula fracture, all from bike crashes. I was comfortable riding at a high level again within 2-3 weeks, but with a caveat; I knew that if I crashed again my healing time would likely have to take a complete re-start as the likelihood of exacerbating the fracture was also high. However, the likelihood of my crashing again was pretty low. 

That's not the case here. Best of circumstances, the OL is performing at a high level and White only takes bumps or the occasional knock to the ground. But I think we can all agree that the OL has underwhelmed by and large, and White could conceivably experience a significant hit again, and be lost completely. 

I understand the decision is made. I would have liked to see the CS come up with an (even friendlier) game plan that gave Wilson the best chance to succeed, but here we are. Here's hoping for a clean game for White and a step closer to the postseason with a win.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who could have predicted that we’d be sitting here on December 26th waiting on Mike White’s medicals to see if we’re going to make the playoffs?

It's after Christmas and playing meaningful games!  

Only think that could get me harder right now is if Hall was cleared to play too.