Decisions Decisions???

AL047

Almost everyone on this board are wanting that the Jets sign a QB through free agency, but the problem is who is available at QB???

The Jets have two choices:

1) Re-sign QB Mike White and make Zack Wilson the backup QB.

2) Trade Zack Wilson and start over looking for a QB with that pick. But re-sign Mike White to have a starting QB in the meantime.

The problem is there are no free agent QBs that you will want unless you settle for Jimmy Garoppolo to be your starter? The Jets have a decision this offseason of what to do at the QB position. Zack Wilson in two years has been given the chance to prove himself but he's making the same mistakes over and over again. He shows flashes but he can't continue doing it week by week and LaFleur can't keep simplifying the offense for him anymore because teams are getting to do their homework on him.

We all know that there is going to be a QB competition to be the starter next season between White and Wilson!!! Wilson better be ready to win the competition the excuses are over!!!! If in the first two years you couldn't do it as the starter, then you will never be able to do it. 

We can't all blame the oline for this teams problems but it has been a major factor. Another one is the WR's besides Wilson and the TE's where are the other or better yet when are they going to step up???

There is a 3rd option. Go and get whatever vet that you think can legitimately start next season and have them compete with white. Keep Zach and make him the QB3. I am by no means a Zach believer, but if the jets are serious about his reset, why not keep him on the team as a 3rd stringer and sit him out as long as possible like the jets probably should have done when they first drafted him. Treat him like the rookie project that he was and see what happens towards the end of year 3 if an opportunity comes up or see if he can figure it out in year 4 during camp. His contract is guaranteed and we aren’t going to get anything for him that’s worth much in the trade market. if the jets still believe in him like they say they do, give him a full season to sit and learn with no pressure. 

• Upvote 1

Everything is an option, EXCEPT for going into next year with White and Zach as the only two real options. Zach needs to come back on his guaranteed rookie deal even if he doesn't make it the entire season. White depends on his contract numbers. Flacco, gone. The Strev should be back. And we need either another QB drafted a proven winner brought in. Not Brady. Not Darnold (not that he is a proven winner cause, lol, he isn't).

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

One more JD draft + a QB that can win now and we are serious contenders next year. I get sh*t for it and I know the cap may be an issue but if Rodgers is available it’s a no brainer for me.

Rodgers >>>>>> lamar, carr, Jimmy g, rookie qb, 

As long as your plan doesn’t include BYU as the QB2, it’s worth consideration.

48 minutes ago, Larz said:

Need to see who gets extended, who is put on the trade block. Can’t even really put together a candidate list yet. 

Exactly. This is a conversation that’s gonna last a couple months once it gets started, no reason to start it now. The Jets are looking at playing a meaningful game in January this year. They almost control their own destiny with two games left. I’m pretty happy to focus on this season this year. At least this week! I know we’re used to talking about free agency and the draft in November most of the time, but why not enjoy the ride we’re on? 

There’s still a lot of QB info they need to gather before they start on their offseason, starting with White starting this week. I hope he makes it hard to look past him. 

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

One more JD draft + a QB that can win now and we are serious contenders next year. I get sh*t for it and I know the cap may be an issue but if Rodgers is available it’s a no brainer for me.

Rodgers >>>>>> lamar, carr, Jimmy g, rookie qb, 

I'm thinking the same way about Aaron Rodgers.  I'd trade our #1 for him.  We have a tiny window (1-2 years) to win it all while he's still got something left and before we have to start paying all these young guys.  If we don't win in that window, it could be a long time before we get a shot again, considering all the QB talent in the AFC (Mahomes, Allen, Trevor, Burrow, Herbert, Lamar)

• More Ugh 1

What White does in the next two games or more will decided a lot of things. 

I think the jets would move wilson if they get a palatable offer, if not they keep him and hope his value rises somehow.

Regardless we have to get another viable QB even if we are going with white and wilson,

2 hours ago, AL047 said:

Almost everyone on this board are wanting that the Jets sign a QB through free agency, but the problem is who is available at QB???

2) Trade Zack Wilson and start over looking for a QB with that pick. But re-sign Mike White to have a starting QB in the meantime.

The problem is there are no free agent QBs that you will want unless you settle for Jimmy Garoppolo to be your starter? The Jets have a decision this offseason of what to do at the QB position. Zack Wilson in two years has been given the chance to prove himself but he's making the same mistakes over and over again. He shows flashes but he can't continue doing it week by week and LaFleur can't keep simplifying the offense for him anymore because teams are getting to do their homework on him.

We all know that there is going to be a QB competition to be the starter next season between White and Wilson!!! Wilson better be ready to win the competition the excuses are over!!!! If in the first two years you couldn't do it as the starter, then you will never be able to do it. 

We can't all blame the oline for this teams problems but it has been a major factor. Another one is the WR's besides Wilson and the TE's where are the other or better yet when are they going to step up???

Resign White.

Sign Teddy Bridgewater to compete for the starting job.

Zach Wilson is QB3 unless and until he earns more by showing he's mastered the fundamentals.

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

There is a 3rd option. Go and get whatever vet that you think can legitimately start next season and have them compete with white. Keep Zach and make him the QB3. I am by no means a Zach believer, but if the jets are serious about his reset, why not keep him on the team as a 3rd stringer and sit him out as long as possible like the jets probably should have done when they first drafted him. Treat him like the rookie project that he was and see what happens towards the end of year 3 if an opportunity comes up or see if he can figure it out in year 4 during camp. His contract is guaranteed and we aren’t going to get anything for him that’s worth much in the trade market. if the jets still believe in him like they say they do, give him a full season to sit and learn with no pressure. 

Why QB3.  We could use more athleticism on the punt team. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

Exactly. This is a conversation that’s gonna last a couple months once it gets started, no reason to start it now. The Jets are looking at playing a meaningful game in January this year. They almost control their own destiny with two games left. I’m pretty happy to focus on this season this year. At least this week! I know we’re used to talking about free agency and the draft in November most of the time, but why not enjoy the ride we’re on? 

There’s still a lot of QB info they need to gather before they start on their offseason, starting with White starting this week. I hope he makes it hard to look past him. 

Hey look at slats coming around!

Mike White continues to bring out the best in all of us.  

Merry White Christmas, and God bless us everyone.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AL047 said:

Literally anyone but Zach Wilson or Josh Rosen