Free agent QB: Daniel Jones

Rhg1084

The answer for our franchise QB resides in the same building as us. Jones is only 25 and has finally figured it all out it seems. He’s had a remarkable season leading a bunch of practice squad WRs to a potential playoff berth. The Giants have declined his 5th year option meaning he’s an UFA. I think he would flourish in our offense with the weapons we have. Plus he’s a dangerous weapon with his legs as well. Unless the GMen franchise him (which would be a $45m hit) the Jets should pay this man whatever he wants. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The answer for our franchise QB resides in the same building as us. Jones is only 25 and has finally figured it all out it seems. He’s had a remarkable season leading a bunch of practice squad WRs to a potential playoff berth. The Giants have declined his 5th year option meaning he’s an UFA. I think he would flourish in our offense with the weapons we have. Plus he’s a dangerous weapon with his legs as well. Unless the GMen franchise him (which would be a $45m hit) the Jets should pay this man whatever he wants. 

A declined option signifies that a player will likely be a free agent after the 2022 season, although that isn't always the case. Some players with declined options land long-term deals with the franchise that drafted them.May 2, 2022

He’s not available yet and I have to think he wants to stay with Daboll

I’d get behind this. Kids got talent and resolve considering he hasn’t let his tenure with NYG rattle his confidence.

He’s been given crappy coaching (prior to this season), garbage rosters (including this season), started out as a turnover machine and has only improved without whining or pointing fingers.

Young, tall, tough, mobile, decent arm.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ill Kill You The Office GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Giants will not let him go.

We have to wait for the next two games are done before deciding on out next QB move.

ZW is out I think his fate here has been decided something tells me there’s more than what we are being told this kid looks like he’s checked out mentally physically ....

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You guys are losing your collective minds if you think Daniel Jones is good.  He's been made to look serviceable thanks to Daboll.

Give me Daboll and the giants can keep jones. 

Well when you look at all the possible options that might be available to us I think Danny Jones is the best one. I think he’s finally figured out how to play QB in the NFL. Plus he’s dangerous on the ground as well keeping defenses honest. If it’s btwn Jones, Jimmy G, Carr or whoever else I’ll take my chances with Jones.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean he’s the best free agent QB on the market. Only 25 years old. I think he should be choice #1. Why - what’s your alternative?

I like giving the Giants our leftovers. I don't want theirs. There is a reason a booboo team like the Giants would let him get away, and its not because they have some stud waiting in the wings.

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

He should absolutely be on JD’s list. I doubt he will be #1 but who knows how many names will be crossed off before we get our guy.

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why? Have you watched him? He’s been great. And he’s literally the best free agent QB available. 

Anyone who’s watched him can see he has progressed, has real physical prowess and BTW went to HS about 5 miles from my home.

Id sign him if possible if White doesn’t play well next 2 games.    

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well when you look at all the possible options that might be available to us I think Danny Jones is the best one. I think he’s finally figured out how to play QB in the NFL. Plus he’s dangerous on the ground as well keeping defenses honest. If it’s btwn Jones, Jimmy G, Carr or whoever else I’ll take my chances with Jones.

Carr is 100pct better.. jones and Jimmy g equally suck.

Carr is coming off a 4800 yard season with 4 straight 4k yard seasons. Jones will never do that.  He can barely crack 3k. Carr is flawed, like Cousins, but he's a real nfl QB..I think with a really good defense he wouldn't need to force as much.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably will cost at minimum $25M+ per for a guy with a career 6.6 YPA.  I get that he can run it too, but….meh.

If we want to play dunk n dunk just sign Teddy Bridgewater for a fourth of that. 

I had a nightmare last night that jets announced a press conference before the draft and I got all hyped for the Minshew announcement and Saleh and JD came to the podium and invited the new Jets starting QB to the stage… Teddy Bridge.

Now I was verklempt when the jets traded him away last time (wanted him for Darnold bust insurance and didn’t think Macc would do sh*t with the 4th rounder we got in the deal) but I have bigger dreams now and I hope the Jets do, too.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Carr is 100pct better.. jones and Jimmy g equally suck.

Carr is coming off a 4800 yard season with 4 straight 4k yard seasons. Jones will never do that.  He can barely crack 3k. Carr is flawed, like Cousins, but he's a real nfl QB..I think with a really good defense he wouldn't need to force as much.

We’d also have to trade for Carr which could cost up to a 1st rd pick. Again after watching Jones I’m taking him if it’s just a contract we have to give him.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I had a nightmare last night that jets announced a press conference before the draft and I got all hyped for the Minshew announcement and Saleh and JD came to the podium and invited the new Jets starting QB to the stage… Teddy Bridge.

Now I was verklempt when the jets traded him away last time (wanted him for Darnold bust insurance and didn’t think Macc would do sh*t with the 4th rounder we got in the deal) but I have bigger dreams now and I hope the Jets do, too.

White re-signing and staying healthy is my dream.  Teddy would just be the QB2 in this scenario. 

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably will cost at minimum $25M+ per for a guy with a career 6.6 YPA.  I get that he can run it too, but….meh.

If we want to play dunk n dunk just sign Teddy Bridgewater for a fourth of that. 

Have you watched him this year? He’s been great, only 25. Looks like he might be one of the outliers on your QB list of a guy who’s figured it out after a rough start 

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

We’d also have to trade for Carr which could cost up to a 1st rd pick. Again after watching Jones I’m taking him if it’s just a contract we have to give him.

That's a different story. I'm not trading a first for Carr.. I'm hoping after the Russell Wilson disaster the price for guys like Carr will go down.