Before they scrub the pre draft Chris Simms Zach Wilson videos from the internet

VJphillyfan

41 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Enjoy.

I am a fan of Chris Simms and his analysis. In a world where half the media are shilling for someone, and the other half are fishing for clicks...guy say what he thinks and stands by it. It's still a projection, no one bats 1000.

But maybe you prefer guys like Dan Orlovsky, and the espn idiots who wouldn't say a word when Jeff Saturday go hired by indianapolis (literally). Or Colin Cowherd who said the jets were going to win a SB with Darnold and Gase....and then said he was "clearly kidding".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

He also didn’t have Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave among his top 5 WR prospects. He called Wilson “overrated.”

His WR evaluations are too heavy on physical ability...if you listen to him you know what he looks for (right or wrong). I don't think that makes him a bad evaluator...i think his top 5 WR's are all productive. Did anyone else have Alec Pierce having 500 yards as a rookie with no QB? He was also high on Christian Watson who has like 500 yards after doing nothing for 6 weeks.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

I am a fan of Chris Simms and his analysis. In a world where half the media are shilling for someone, and the other half are fishing for clicks...guy say what he thinks and stands by it. It's still a projection, no one bats 1000.

But maybe you prefer guys like Dan Orlovsky, and the espn idiots who wouldn't say a word when Jeff Saturday go hired by indianapolis (literally). Or Colin Cowherd who said the jets were going to win a SB with Darnold and Gase....and then said he was "clearly kidding".

Talking heads are talking heads. Network be damned. 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yeah nobody is right all the time. He should have realized the error of his ways and just admit he may be wrong instead of doubling down and throwing blame around. The guy sounds like an egotistical tool. The Jets did everything they didn't do with Darnold and provided him with plenty of weapons and help. He is just incapable of running an NFL offense and processing the field quickly enough. A lot of other successful QB's have problems with bad play calling and Olines that break down but seem to offset that with talent and football IQ. Zach is a bust. I don't want to see him ever throw a pass for my team again. 

i got it...but that doesn't make it a fact. people are entitled to have their own opinion right?

personally, while i want White starting this year, i am not ready to cut bait with a talented young QB after 2 seasons. Maybe he was overdrafted and needs to sit an entire year, i dont know what the answer is....but i do know that Douglas will do what is best for the jets, not what the fans want. as we know if you run a team according to what the fans want, you end up sitting with them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i got it...but that doesn't make it a fact. people are entitled to have their own opinion right?

personally, while i want White starting this year, i am not ready to cut bait with a talented young QB after 2 seasons. Maybe he was overdrafted and needs to sit an entire year, i dont know what the answer is....but i do know that Douglas will do what is best for the jets, not what the fans want. as we know if you run a team according to what the fans want, you end up sitting with them.

People can have their own opinions but it's pretty damn obvious right now he doesn't have a clue and for the 2OA that's not a good thing. He has made zero progress since last year, actually he's probably worse. He's had 2 of the worst games I have ever seen a starting QB have. Those being the second NE game and the last game. What's way more important than what the fans think is what his teammates think. It seems to me they don't like him or trust him, or both. This is very likely not going to end well with him and the Jets. I think JD will cut bait. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

The hell what this guy thinks.

To me, it still boggles my mind that this kid can’t hit the side of a barn anymore. It’s like his wires got all crossed up. He might need a psychiatrist more than a QB coach.

Pretty sad turn of events.

He had one good season in college facing community college defenses. The qb evaluators who were jizzing themselves over Wilson can’t hit the side of a barn

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lets haul out every single internet QB evaluation and look at them again.  You will find like 1 in 10 that thought wilson was going to a terrible bust.

Yeah but Simms was his biggest fan and is high profile and just can't admit he's wrong and therefore he gets criticized. 

• Upvote 3

Zach is broken bad right now.   Maybe has was never going to be good due to pocket awareness and the ability to read defenses or progress his reads.  I'll admit I didn't watch a lot of his college tape, but I refuse to believe he routinely missed open receivers like the below clip.   No one would have drafted him if he did.  Something is off for him to be missing many of these passes as badly as he is.   

3 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Zach is broken bad right now.   Maybe has was never going to be good due to pocket awareness and the ability to read defenses or progress his reads.  I'll admit I didn't watch a lot of his college tape, but I refuse to believe he routinely missed open receivers like the below clip.   No one would have drafted him if he did.  Something is off for him to be missing many of these passes as badly as he is.   

He was never really pressured at BYU, was not pressured during his Pro Day, and goes unpressured during practice.  

The second theres a live passrush, he runs in terror and falls apart. 

Not an NFL QB.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Beaver said:

When you lose confidence and overthink things bad things happen. That's why he can't even make the easy look easy. He has zero confidence in his abilities and so do his teammates, coach, and GM. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

When you lose confidence and overthink things bad things happen. That's why he can't even make the easy look easy. He has zero confidence in his abilities and so do his teammates, coach, and GM. 

The craziest thing is Zach’s lack of accuracy on short to medium range throws. He’s really really bad and he was supposed to be Mr Accuracy coming out of college

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

The craziest thing is Zach’s lack of accuracy on short to medium range throws. He’s really really bad and he was supposed to be Mr Accuracy coming out of college

I think alot has to do with him being in his own head just like Steve Sax(I think) not being able to make easy short throws in the infield or a catcher having a hard time throwing it back to the pitcher.  ZW needs a good sports psychologist. He's broken right now.