Let’s face it - Mike White is auditioning for another team

If he continues to play well and somehow miraculously gets the Jets into playoffs, he will not be a Jet next year.  JD pride and ego is too big to walk from Zach and admit he was wrong with the #2 pick and pay Mike White with a longer term contract.  Besides if I’m MFW I’d be looking for a starting job, a longer contract, and more $.  He may have earned that already

prediction: White leaves, Zach stays and we sign a JAG vet in the off season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 23
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

I think that would be foolish. What’s the saying? Cutting off your nose to spite your face? White is 27, if he plays well and leads us to the playoffs he belongs on this team and deserves a shot to start.
I hope White is a late bloomer if that happens and not the reincarnation of Trent Dilfer.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just now, MysticalJet2 said:

If he continues to play well and somehow miraculously gets the Jets into playoffs, he will not be a Jet next year.  JD pride and ego is too big to walk from Zach and admit he was wrong with the #2 pick and pay Mike White with a long term.  Besides if I’m MFW I.d be looking for a starting job, a longer contract, and more $.  He may have earned that already

Very Mystical take. You want JD to give Glass White with all of 6 games under his belt a $30 mil a year contract right now? Why not just let things unfold. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I completely disagree. Mike white is not going to cost as much as people think. At most he will get 15 mill a year. He could probably be had for 2 year 20 mill. Maybe 2 year 30 mill tops.

and I think jd is completely aware that ZW sucks. He needs to sign someone and that someone might be mike white.

True, and it might be someone else. Money will determine the matter. You can't pay White $15 - $20 mill and bring in someone else and pay $15 - $20 mill and be on the books for Wilson. Doesn't add up. If he takes $10 mil, sure sign him. I rather take a flyer on Daniel Jones if available.

8 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

If he continues to play well and somehow miraculously gets the Jets into playoffs, he will not be a Jet next year.  JD pride and ego is too big to walk from Zach and admit he was wrong with the #2 pick and pay Mike White with a longer term contract.  Besides if I’m MFW I’d be looking for a starting job, a longer contract, and more $.  He may have earned that already

Curious why you think that of jd.

jd has done enough here that even missing on the 2nd pick on the draft is not going to put his job in jeopardy.

my personal take is it is part of the business and you take the misses with the hits.

let’s also look at mw. Does jd get credit for bringing him here? If mw gets the jets to the playoffs will we have as many posts praising jd for bringing him here as we do for missing on zero?

just curious

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

jd has done enough here that even missing on the 2nd pick on the draft is not going to put his job in jeopardy.

my personal take is it is part of the business and you take the misses with the hits.

let’s also look at mw. Does jd get credit for bringing him here? If mw gets the jets to the playoffs will we have as many posts praising jd for bringing him here as we do for missing on zero?

just curious

13 wins in 3 years is enough?

• More Ugh 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

13 wins in 3 years is enough?

when you look at the entire picture - my opinion would be yes.

Look at the talent level of this team simply from 21 to 22 let alone 20 to 22.

Then take into consideration some of the trades and FA moves.

There are misses no doubt but on a whole, JD is safe regardless of ZW.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Tim Parker Reaction GIF by Houston Dynamo FC

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

just curious

Just track record of players he’s traded vs kept.  #2 overall pick is a bit bigger deal than a 5th rounder..or even 3rd or 4th rounder… especially the QB position that is supposed to be your franchise player.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Just track record of players he’s traded vs kept.  #2 overall pick is a bit bigger deal than a 5th rounder..or even 3rd or 4th rounder… especially the QB position that is supposed to be your franchise player.

That's fair but if I have the draft record correct - I think AVT and Garrett Wilson were a result of the Adams trade.

Would that negate the miss on ZW?

For me it would

• Upvote 3

If Mike White leads the Jets to the playoffs, he is 100% going to be a NY Jet next year.

And 75% sure he will be on the Jets even if he doesn't.

Only way he is not back if he plays like Zach Wilson over the next 2 weeks. We already have one of those.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

JD is the one that brought Mike White to the Jets. He deserved a lot of credit. He should be very prideful of White.

He also didn’t trust him enough to stand pat when BYU got hurt last year and panic-traded for Flacco. Cuts both ways a little.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Saleh shortly after learning MW was cleared to play.

salehHappy.png.292dc08fd1dffe4149213c68fef88c3e.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

We are still alive for the playoffs in December for the first  time in more than a decade and this is the thread to post? I hope the New Year brings brightness, love and peace  into your life, 

Long as BYU gets another chance to redeem their Internet cred, some people will be happy