La Canfora: Woody not happy and does not have a good relationship with Saleh

Just now, WhereisWaldo said:

Also NFL executive says ZW trade value is a 5th or 6th rounder. Read article for more insight. Sounds like it might be a Mangini situation where a surprise firing isn’t off the table. 

5th or 6th round?!? Crypto-like collapse for ZW stock. ??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Not reading this, but I can’t see Saleh having a bad relationship with anyone 

The only speckle of truth I could buy is if Saleh pushes back on stuff, specifically Wilson. Mangini was way more standoffish but this is what essentially got him fired. He didn’t want Favre either.

“They’ve never really clicked, and it’s always been a little awkward between them,” said one GM, who is not at liberty to speak publicly about other organizations. “From what I hear, they’ve never really jelled. It’s not a great fit.”

nfl gm on the saleh/woody relationship 

• Sympathy 1

“This is killing Woody, trust me, I know him well,” said one high-ranking NFL official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not permitted to speak publicly about other teams.

“All of that booing is driving him crazy,” said the executive, who predicted more changes are in store, possibly reaching the upper levels of the front office. “He already wasn’t really sold on this coach. He’s going to want [offensive coordinator Mike] LaFleur out and some changes to that staff. He can’t help himself. Weren’t they 6-3 at the bye? And now they’re getting booed out of their own stadium at Christmas. I’m telling you, something is going to happen there”

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 3

They still must travel to Seattle and Miami to close out the remainder of what’s becoming a lost season, with their playoff hopes not officially expunged but nearly so. The specter of ending this once-promising campaign with six straight losses and a last-place finish in the AFC East — the miserable Patriots already swept them — won’t improve Johnson’s mood. The Jets seem a mess once more. The quarterback very likely won’t be the only one to go, and one NFL general manager posited the potential return for Wilson in a trade as a sixth-round pick, or perhaps a fifth. Yikes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Even though it’s nothing but conjecture, the media still love to stick it to the loser Jets anytime they have the chance. They’d never dare go to this point with the Giants ( even though they’ve been just as bad)

Anyway. part of me wants this be true for you “youngins” might not remember the last time Woody fell in love with his HC: what a disaster that was…

8CC1FFBB-C49D-40C5-A4CA-3EB27587C766.thumb.png.c676d460982f97d6f0f45373c4b16190.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Woody looking across town at the Giants making the playoffs in year one, with a new GM, and an offensive head coach game-planning around a mediocre QB, is the worst thing that could have happened for Saleh and Douglas. 

Agree.  The giants being successful makes Woody double down on his stupidity.  The Tebow trade after the giant SB is the most obvious example but there is more

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

For everyone calling fake news idk but I do know there is definitely problems over at one jet drive 

Woody has been a patient owner for the most part. The one time I thought he acted pretty rash was with Mangini after a December collapse. 

The man is also 77 years old now. His patience could be running thin especially with a regime he didn’t hire and ended the year on a six game losing streak. 

• Thumb Down 1