La Canfora: Woody not happy and does not have a good relationship with Saleh

19 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

If this is true then I’ve never liked Saleh more.

Lines up with what Cimini was saying. Also heard Florio mentioning that the call to play Zach the last two weeks came from upstairs.

Yes. If anything is true it’s because Saleh pushes back. Let’s see if he’s as savvy as Gase was in getting his own GM in here. Douglas forcing Wilson on the field is a disaster if true. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Give what up?  Currently he is the worst 'starter' in the NFL but he is also like 23 years old.  If you trade him for a 6th rounder you are stupid for two reasons.

#1 selling low on any asset is stupid if you do not have to sell low, the jets don't have to do anything with him for a few years.

#2 There is always the risk that he stinks due to something the jets are doing and that he became better later on, then you look like a total rube for dumping a guy after two years.

I swear some of you dudes do not really care about the big picture of the jets.

What has Zach ever shown you to make you think he doesn’t blow moose cawk dry?  He threw a tight spiral in shorts and a tshirt indoors in a pre draft workout?

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Okay first off, f*ck the article, not clicking it.

Secondly, if the headline has some truth, who cares. Saleh seems to have a good relationship with his players, staff, JD, the fans, and even the media to an extent. His personality and ability to jell appear to be the least of our issues.

Anyone know if the UK needs an ambassador?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. If anything is true it’s because Saleh pushes back. Let’s see if he’s as savvy as Gase was in getting his own GM in here. Douglas forcing Wilson on the field is a disaster if true. 

To be fair if you were the owner wouldn’t you want an explanation as to what happened here? Part of Salehs job was to develop Zach and he failed miserably. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 3

I hope its all nothing but BS.

Sounds like the SOJs. I like Saleh and if this happens it looks like the Pete Carroll story all over again. Woody has no clue what he is doing with a football team. He just walked away from the team for a few years to play politics. Please stay the **** out of the football operation and go back to Wherever you where hiding ambassador.  Leave it alone, it isn't going to be a magical fix in one year, two years, or three. 

Saleh said he was fine with Sam and then they had to run out and get ZW. Saleh didn't pick ZW. ZW was a really stupid pick.    

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, usapaw said:

I hope its all nothing but BS.

Sounds like the SOJs. I like Saleh and if this happens it looks like the Pete Carroll story all over again. Woody has no clue what he is doing with a football team. He just walked away from the team for a few years to play politics. Please stay the **** out of the football operation and go back to Wherever you where hiding ambassador.  Leave it alone, it isn't going to be a magical fix in one year, two years, or three. 

Saleh said he was fine with Sam and then they had to run out and get ZW. Saleh didn't pick ZW. ZW was a really stupid pick.    

Total BS. You don’t think they asked Saleh what he wanted to do at QB during the interview? 

22 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think coach Saleh is a damn good head coach.

I’d be shocked if this is true, but if so Woody better be replacing Saleh with Sean Payton because who else is out there?

If we lose out though that’s 6 straight loses to the end the season and a free fall like that ultimately does fall on coaching.

I just hope we have an upgrade waiting to make such a drastic move.

If the Jets lose out, then this year will eerily resemble the '94 season.  A young, positive-minded head coach leading a surprisingly successful start to the season, only to have the hopes dashed by a disastrous, Same Old Jets type of finish.  The only thing missing would be a soul-crushing turning point like the Fake Spike.

If that happens, there's an argument to be made for replacing Saleh with someone of Sean Payton's caliber.  But, to your point, I don't want to jettison a first-time head coach with some potential and end up with a repeat of replacing Pete Carroll with Rich Kotite.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Not reading this, but I can’t see Saleh having a bad relationship with anyone 

Why ?  What's he above average at?

I like him BUT he has done very little to convince me he is in the top 15 HC's in the NFL.

His benching of Wilson puts him over the top for me but he has made a lot of rookie errors.

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

49 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The only speckle of truth I could buy is if Saleh pushes back on stuff, specifically Wilson. Mangini was way more standoffish but this is what essentially got him fired. He didn’t want Favre either.

Mangini literally -used correctly here- named his kid after Favre. 

Screwing up the QB room to the point where the PS QB gets meaningful reps in a huge game and the #2 pick in the draft gets booed like he stole Christmas is going to cost someone their job(s)

I feel like it definitely goes back to the Monday meeting after the cheater’s debacle and how Saleh handled it and the real or perceived impact it had on the most important asset on the team. 

Salehs comments about “why me” and “dark places “ can also be seen as throwing dirt on that asset and then Saleh then goes out of his way to call MW a warrior etc etc. 

at the end of the day for the owner it’s easier to replace Saleh than Zach (contract) and firing lafleur doesn’t even move the needle. 

Remember the draft day call ? “ I know more about you than my own kids?”

he probably feels like Zach was let down not the other way around. 

J!

• Upvote 1

This whole thing wouldn't be a surprise . Woody can't keep his hands off Woody has meddled in everything instead of trusting the people he has hired. This why this organization is the shape its in because he tries to micromanage everything Wilson Is a mistake let Douglas and Saleh fix it and if they don't turn this around in a year then you fire them both and find a proven Football guy like a Cowher or Peyton or you do it now if Peyton will come enough with Woody trying to fix things he has no clue how to and just leave it to the experts. That why BB and Parcells left they knew Woody is a menace got out while the going was good.

Look at this way, for once the Jets are in a situation where if they fired their head coach he would be scooped up pretty quickly.  Considering the injuries and the QB situation optics around the league are that Saleh has done a good job.  Let's also not forget their over/under was 5.5 wins.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

"Woody Johnson uses bagels to predict the future. Plans on selling Jets if more than 25 sesames on his everything bagel" - anonymous GM.

GTFO of here with that fake news. These "journalists" who pretend to have sources and spew bullsh1t thats almost never right can go get fecal matter in their retina when they flush.

I’m not saying it’s the case here, but not every opinion we disagree with is fake news.

Why is it that when these reporters report something we don’t like, they’re idiots just stirring things up, and have no real sources, yet when we agree with them, it’s “so and so is reporting….”

Guys like LaCanfora, Cimini, Costello and Hughes have been around a long time now, working in a huge media market. They’re not keeping those jobs all this time because they’re clowns.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Why ?  What's he above average at?

I like him BUT he has done very little to convince me he is in the top 15 HC's in the NFL.

His benching of Wilson puts him over the top for me but he has made a lot of rookie errors.

I’m not talking about his skill or achievements or anything like that. Just his personality. He seems like a guys who gets a long with everyone 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I’m not saying it’s the case here, but not every opinion we disagree with is fake news.

Why is it that when these reporters report something we don’t like, they’re idiots just stirring things up, and have no real sources, yet when we agree with them, it’s “so and so is reporting….”

Guys like LaCanfora, Cimini, Costello and Hughes have been around a long time now, working in a huge media market. They’re not keeping those jobs all this time because they’re clowns.

I never disagreed with it. I rather like it. I just don't enjoy dumb asses pretend journalists spewing words to get attention. Mehta would be proud. This sentiment goes for whether I like or dislike the premise of the anonymous take. 

And lots of clowns keep their jobs. Tenure, unions, etc.