La Canfora: Woody not happy and does not have a good relationship with Saleh

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Give what up?  Currently he is the worst 'starter' in the NFL but he is also like 23 years old.  If you trade him for a 6th rounder you are stupid for two reasons.

#1 selling low on any asset is stupid if you do not have to sell low, the jets don't have to do anything with him for a few years.

#2 There is always the risk that he stinks due to something the jets are doing and that he became better later on, then you look like a total rube for dumping a guy after two years.

I swear some of you dudes do not really care about the big picture of the jets.

Sure but nobody is buying high for a player worse than Jamarcus Russell because there is no precedent for a player that bad, turning it around.  

• Upvote 4

There is no way, you blow it up now. Woody is a moron and needs to sell this team ASAP. They are on the cusp of the playoffs, when the goal was to play meaningful games at the end of the year. Well the goal has been met and they still have a chance for a winning season and the playoffs.

Woody wanting the headlines as usual. He has to be a bottom 5 owner in the league. Please sell the team Woodrow.

13 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Sure but nobody is buying high for a player worse than Jamarcus Russell because there is no precedent for a player that bad, turning it around.  

At this point just getting his salary off the books would be a major win. Wilson is complete and utter sh*t at playing nfl level qb

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, pointman said:

I never disagreed with it. I rather like it. I just don't enjoy dumb asses pretend journalists spewing words to get attention. Mehta would be proud. This sentiment goes for whether I like or dislike the premise of the anonymous take. 

And lots of clowns keep their jobs. Tenure, unions, etc.

I totally understand that getting under your skin, but here’s what I’ll tell you. 
I don’t follow social media, nor read any of these reporters. What I see from them I see here.

When someone does post there comments, my reaction is, it’s his job to report news and what he’s hearing, but it’s also part of his job to offer an opinion based off that and in the case of a beat writer, the feel he has from being with the team every day.

Maybe it’s because I’ve become jaded over the years, but I can honestly tell you I can’t remember being upset by anything any of these guys has ever written. Cimini, Connor, even Mehta. That’s not only with football reporting. I follow baseball and hockey just as closely.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

A move would be less about the pick(s) and more about the money at this point. JD might end up giving away capital to move him. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, usapaw said:

This team was complete sh*t when he got here and JD's first drafts were god awful. The team appears to be getting better and I'm not crying over their last two losses with MW. Both of those teams are very, very good. They gave him ZW and told him to make it work. ZW suc*s. 

Agreed. ZW may be the biggest Jets bust ever.  Doesn't make Saleh innocent. In my book, he's not on the hot seat, BUT I wouldn't be jumping at signing him long term just yet. His mistakes have cost the team but he IMO has at least next season.  But he is not a top 15 HC. 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

I totally understand that getting under your skin, but here’s what I’ll tell you. 
I don’t follow social media, nor read any of these reporters. What I see from them I see here.

When someone does post there comments, my reaction is, it’s his job to report news and what he’s hearing, but it’s also part of his job to offer an opinion based off that and in the case of a beat writer, the feel he has from being with the team every day.

Maybe it’s because I’ve become jaded over the years, but I can honestly tell you I can’t remember being upset by anything any of these guys has ever written. Cimini, Connor, even Mehta. That’s not only with football reporting. I follow baseball and hockey just as closely.

I'm not upset. I just think its low brow weak sauce. Attention whoring lately is out of control. LaCanfora has done nothing for anyone to believe anything he writes attached to an anonymous source.

28 minutes ago, Wit said:

I honestly wouldn't feel so bad if Saleh stayed or left, just stick with JD for now. Yes, he whiffed on coach, QB1 and LT, but he has started to come around. I don't think Saleh deserves this, but MLF might deserve to go, along with his "stubborn" system. I don't like re-setting into another system and confusing the rooks, but he doesn't seem to know how to shape the system around his players the way Shanahan can. 

Why? Did you think this team was supposed to be better? MLF doing OK with these QBs, and ZW is the only one not responding to his play calling. Yes, I hate his conservative first 3 Q's but we stay in games, except when a certain qb is playing.  It does make sense, since our defense is sill way ahead of our offense. Why does anyone buy into this JD is god BS? He has a poor track record, except for the possible progression of this years picks. I am not anti-JD but he is massively overrated here.  Injuries are a part of the game but also a part of being a good GM, all of our best players are often injured. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

rex is also the last coach to take the Jets to the playoffs... 11 years ago... It's the longest drought in major sport 

Fwiw is could see woody being against Saleh. He was a Chris pick 

You sure???  I thought he was one of Woody's 1st decisions returning from England. Saleh was hired in January 2021, Woody would have been cleaning out his office and heading back to NY.  Im sure he was in on the decision.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You sure???  I thought he was one of Woody's 1st decisions.  Hired in January 2021, Woody would have been cleaning out his office and heading back to NY.  Im sure he was in on the decision.

Woody's first HC was Herman Edwards, or maybe Al Groh.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the replacement is Sean Payton then sign me up.

Yes this but really only this and that includes MLF or at least his offense I hate having to see a new offense every other year it just won’t work you can’t keep guys like G Wilson if things aren’t stable he will jet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

rex is also the last coach to take the Jets to the playoffs... 11 years ago... It's the longest drought in major sport 

Fwiw is could see woody being against Saleh. He was a Chris pick 

I’m not going down memory lane with the Rex thing. Too painful. Yes, we went to 2 AFC championships but after that, the Rex clown show grew bigger and bigger year by year.

Anyway, 

Saleh was a JD pick. Blessed by the brothers Johnson, but not chosen by them.

For once, the Johnsons aren’t making football decisions. That’s why this Canfora article is full of sh*t. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Reporters are trailing, not leading indicators. If Jets start stacking post season appearance they will sing a completely different tune.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think coach Saleh is a damn good head coach.

I’d be shocked if this is true, but if so Woody better be replacing Saleh with Sean Payton because who else is out there?

If we lose out though that’s 6 straight loses to the end the season and a free fall like that ultimately does fall on coaching.

I just hope we have an upgrade waiting to make such a drastic move.

This feels like a Kotitian moment, where you fire Carroll to bring in a Kotite who the owner hand-picked.  History repeats itself.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Give what up?  Currently he is the worst 'starter' in the NFL but he is also like 23 years old.  If you trade him for a 6th rounder you are stupid for two reasons.

#1 selling low on any asset is stupid if you do not have to sell low, the jets don't have to do anything with him for a few years.

#2 There is always the risk that he stinks due to something the jets are doing and that he became better later on, then you look like a total rube for dumping a guy after two years.

I swear some of you dudes do not really care about the big picture of the jets.

While I generally agree, Wilson’s salary cap number isn’t trivial.  If the Jets feel he is a lost cause, getting anything for him AND getting him off the books, while bad optically, might be the smart move.

2 hours ago, WhereisWaldo said:

To be fair if you were the owner wouldn’t you want an explanation as to what happened here? Part of Salehs job was to develop Zach and he failed miserably. 

Do we evaluate the Wilson pick in a vacuum?

Didnt this staff develop late rd picks last yr that are now regulars on D?

Didnt they get all their rookies playing well and with 3 ROY contestants?

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

We have a guy with 10,000 posts, bragging about yelling at Joe Douglas and claiming JD threatened him. Even after it was proven it was fabricated, half of this dumb forum still believing it happened. The article is likely just speculation, but why does it matter how many posts someone has? Same idiots denouncing me for having a 5 year gap from posting, when I was sick. 

I didn’t follow that thread all the way.  How was it proven? 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re singing the praises of a GM who’s won 13 games in 3 years

Let's not forget that he inherited an atrocious roster, and year two was a complete tear down. Don't know why anyone would expect a lot of wins in the first two years, or in the year following a complete teardown. 

His first draft was a utter disaster, his second wasn’t much better, with the exception of a few “jaggy” types who filled out a gutted roster.

AVT? 

Our OL is still a mess

Historically bad injuries decimated the OL. Weren't we starting a 5th string OT at one point? It's not like you carry a crapload of OL to replace as necessary for injuries 

Our best player is a FA, and will command a huge new contract. When was the last time that ended well for us?

Isn't that life in the NFL? 

Sauce was a blue chip anyone would have taken where we were.

Stingley was drafted before Sauce

JJ hasn’t done much of anything,

He was also projected to go in the top 10, but taken at the back end of the 1st. He'll get more playing time next year and see what we got

Breece Hall turned into our version of the guy everyone laughed at the Giants for taking instead of Darnold. A top level RB who blew out a knee right away. We’ll hope he’s back to 100% in ‘24. (Yay?)

You can't project injuries. Before getting hurt he was definitely a rookie of the year candidate. He was also taken in the second round as opposed to number two overall like the Giants did

• Upvote 1