La Canfora: Woody not happy and does not have a good relationship with Saleh

57 minutes ago, talonmm said:

The writer of this would fit right in at Jet Nation.  The Jets are a mess?  Woody should be thrilled the Jets are in the playoff hunt with two games remaining - and they are ahead of schedule.  Salah has done a good job and so has his staff.  Funny how our OC looks a lot better when Mike White is at QB. 

Let’s hold off with the ahead of schedule thing. That one has hit a bit of a snag the second half of the season.

If MW and the Jets can win the next two and sneak into the playoffs? Yeah okay, I’ll play along… but a 8-9 or 7-10 finish losing our last 6 after the start we had? No thanks. I’ll pass.

Look at the long history of Woody, which does include the four years he was in London when the Jets were really terrible.  

He is very embarrassed and angry he wasted $35mm.  And likely very frustrated that the Jets may not make the playoffs.  I think he is going to look for someone to take responsibility for this. 

If the Wilson debacle is mainly due to JD forcing him on everyone, I don’t see any firings. I do see an organizational structure change where both GM and Head Coach are equal again and both report to the owner. If Saleh wasn’t onboard with Zach and ended up being right, JD will need to be knocked down a peg. It’s bad enough to draft a bust but to force him on the team against Saleh’s wishes would be really bad. That is all speculation though. This is just something that I can see happening IF true. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Green DNA said:

He joined the board an hour ago and dropped his secret knowledge on us and then talked about a rift between the coaches and FO.  Seems like just a bunch of $hit stirring to me.  Make the playoffs and all of this is just noise.

He's another Zach truther who is trying to keep their hero's name out front and the truth is it's nobody's fault but his own. Maybe instead of sitting around watching film maybe he should be working on his footwork because it is still screwed up big time. Zach Wilson and his minions have become a cancer on this team and the sooner that they are gone the better. Maybe Woody should sell the Jets to someone who cares more about football and the Jets than he does about being some big shot politico. His last boss gave him the gig in England he should sell the Jets and buy a new franchise there. 

• Upvote 1

All of the characters involved know where everyone stood on Wilson, who pushed for it, who was skeptical, who was right, who was wrong. 

If the what happens is inconsistent with that, we will know, one way or other other.  

The Jets, once again, really have to watch how they are perceived in the NFL.  

I honestly can’t take the blame that the CS and OC is responsible for the lack of Zach’s development.  Zach has had the same coaches and rosters as Mike White, Josh Johnson, Joe Flacco and fckin Chris Streveler. All 4 of those guys seem to have been able to pick up and execute the same exact offense that Zach has. Yet, somehow the offense works when literally a corpse(joe flacco) is leading it.  Who’s the problem?  Cause it doesn’t look like it’s the staff.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Tear apart the front office, coaching staff and roster?
Or just move on from Zach?
I know which option I pick.
Clearly the Zach media surrogates are already out in full trying to trash the Jets and blame them for his sucking at a historic level.
Well the truth is the truth ...
Kid was not coached adequately ... That much is clear.

Time will ultimately tell the tale.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I honestly can’t take the blame that the CS and OC is responsible for the lack of Zach’s development.  Zach has had the same coaches and rosters as Mike White, Josh Johnson, Joe Flacco and fckin Chris Streveler. All 4 of those guys seem to have been able to pick up and execute the same exact offense that Zach has. Yet, somehow the offense works when literally a corpse(joe flacco) is leading it.  Who’s the problem?  Cause it doesn’t look like it’s the staff.
All of the other QBs had been in the league for many years longer than Zach.

• More Ugh 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

So your stance is Chris Streveler being in the NFL one year longer than Zach Wilson made a difference?  Dude can barely throw a forward pass.  

Well Chris was running a completely different offense than Zach. An offense suited to him.

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

Rex Ryan is the all time franchise leader in playoff victories. Yeah... What a disaster ?

Woody waited too long while we all watched Rex self-destruct after those playoff seasons. Look, Woody has made far greater mistakes than waiting too long to realize Rex was spiraling, but it was a mistake nevertheless and one obvious to everyone.

Yeah it's BS. Zach has open guys and plays all day. The offense was suites to him, just unable to run it. 

This offense doesnt suite Wilson at all. It’s predicated on rhythm, timing and precision. Wilson plays like its Madden. He cant get the footwork required to run this system and its destroyed his confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

All of the other QBs had been in the league for many years longer than Zach.

Mike White was on practice squads, scout teams - you think he’s learning the offense as in depth as Zach?  Joe Flacco came in halfway through last year and still ran the offense better.  Josh Johnson, on his 72nd NFL team, got thrust into a half and looked lightyears better than Zach.  And Chris Streveler has been on 4 different practice squads in 1 more season than Zach.  Zach was a 2nd overall draft pick - he needed to be better.

• Upvote 1

So your take is that Joe Flacco has played well? Just trying to understand.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

image.png.4c47844c3f7940a4fd485d8945095cbf.png

Best part of Manish getting dumped was the "he has no sources" narrative doing a 180 overnight and becoming "I knew he used underhanded methods to get his sources".  

LOL

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

Russel Wilson for one...

Russel Wilson, a star previously, is definitely having a horrendous year.

Still, he's over +5% on comp. percentage than ZW (54 to 60), is passing for +40 yards/game over ZQ (187 to 232), is better on both TD% and INT%, and is 10 points higher in QB rating (72 to 82).  Only stat he's worse is sacked % where Wilson is at 10% over Zach's ~9%.

Bad, but not worst-in-NFL ZW territory.

See, that's the thing, Zach is so bad, so uniformly, even other QB's at their worst are still well ahead of him in any metric, it's amazing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Well the truth is the truth ...
Kid was not coached adequately ... That much is clear.

Time will ultimately tell the tale.

If you need an NFL Coach to "train you", you don't belong in the NFL.

This is the pros.  Not college.  Training you how to play your position isn't what they do in the pros.

• Upvote 1

i don't believe for a NY minute that Saleh & JD are in any way hot water/dog house in any capacity...

ZW was a huge bust, but that feels like they got fell for some clickbait -- and i trust will be better for it moving forward. To many other things have been going well. 

45 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Crazy to see the following one can build simply by saying "what I'm hearing" or "sources tell me" right before you make some sh*t up.

Am I nuts or is LaCanfora quoting a guy who’s literally guessing what Woody Johnson feels? It’s not even reporting of an actual Woody Johnson thing. 

• Upvote 2