College bowl games thread

freestater

Just now, undertow said:

was prob targeting but would have been a trash call in that spot

I disagree you call that play one way all season long and then you say, meh ignore it now because it is at a key time of the game.

You call it stringently or you don't but call it the same way.

NHL reffing.  Oh it's the playoffs?  Whole new rule book.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I disagree you call that play one way all season long and then you say, meh ignore it now because it is at a key time of the game.

Yeah I hear ya I think the rule is trash and had TCU moneyline so I'm biased. lol

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lol did you watch the play? They would have had to call the illegal forward pass there too. 

8 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

On that third and 10 the TCU DB was lined up offsides, then proceeded to jam/contact the receiver before the ball was even snapped and then proceeds to mail the receiver for like 8 yards, and not one of those blatant things is called.  Just wild 

Lol, this was your take on the game?

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

No.  I mean I made like 3 other posts during the game?  I’m not just going to ignore something blatantly bad though.  

Fair enough. The play was over, calling it would have potentially changed the game. They reviewed it and made the right call.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Michigan doesn't deserve this potential break but that's targeting...and I hate targeting calls. 

Targeting is the worst rule in football. It was made to alleviate the concerns of helicopter moms who were pulling their kids out of Pop Warner. It is time to get rid of targeting. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Targeting is the worst rule in football. It was made to alleviate the concerns of helicopter moms who were pulling their kids out of Pop Warner. It is time to get rid of targeting. 

Especially when pretty much 99% of the calls are from guys playing football and not from something intentional. 

• Upvote 1