Derek Carr benched and likely out in Las Vegas

Matt39

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I just disagree. A team completely abandoning a QB has to come with gigantic huge red flags. Way too much risk, team crippling risk with someone like Carr. QBs do hit cliffs in the NFL. Good chance Carr is at his.

Id rather take a chance on a Jordan Love than Carr. Hell I would probably prefer Brisset and Minshhew

I have a close Raiders buddy who loves Carr, was telling me weeks ago that he thinks McDaniels was sabotaging the season. Like deliberately calling bat-sh*t plays to fail. They lost so many games this year under ridiculous circumstances.

IMO the Coach is the issue. We saw it when he dismantled Denver (Cutler/Marshall/Hillis), we saw him bail on Indy after hiring assistants (who actually moved there), and now we see how bad he made the Raiders. I thought they were 3rd in their division but I think it should have looked much better. They could have beaten the Bengals on the wild card last year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I have a close Raiders buddy who loves Carr, was telling me weeks ago that he thinks McDaniels was sabotaging the season. Like deliberately calling bat-sh*t plays to fail. They lost so many games this year under ridiculous circumstances.

IMO the Coach is the issue. We saw it when he dismantled Denver (Cutler/Marshall/Hillis), we saw him bail on Indy after hiring assistants (who actually moved there), and now we see how bad he made the Raiders. I thought they were 3rd in their division but I think it should have looked much better. They could have beaten the Bengals on the wild card last year.

I can see a team try to tank later in the season when there's a potential draft pick they want.  But didn't most of the crazy Raider losses happen early in the year?

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can see a team try to tank later in the season when there's a potential draft pick they want.  But didn't most of the crazy Raider losses happen early in the year?

The crazy losses were earlier in the season but it's been going on all year. There have been numerous sound bites and comments made by Carr/McDaniels that have lead fans to believe this to be true. Basically they believe he's being told where to go with the ball. Here is some info on it:

https://youtu.be/O_rT8OEm6RQ

Listen to the wording Carr uses when talking about where he's being told to throw the ball.

14 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

If you think those picks you want to stock up on are coming back here with a Wilson trade, I disagree. A 5th is about it, imo.

I think we could maybe get a 4th at very best, there will be some poor gullible soul out there that thinks they can turn this guy into something. 

This topic is great, you can tell the posters who just have MW dic$ in their mouth. They don’t want any other QB no matter if it was Payton Manning in his prime. 

Carr would be a huge upgrade and make this team a contender.  Then you keep ZW and let his sit for a year like he should have done coming out of collage.   The cap hit is not worth the 5th found pick the Jets could get.  Better to take a chance after a year he could figure it out. 
if he can’t then the cap hit is less in 2024. 

13 hours ago, Pac said:

Teams don't get rid of top QB for the 9th highest salary at that position.  My guess is they think he's mediocre and they'll never be a threat with him as the QB. 

I agree.

My guess is that they know they have to rebuild and having a $40 million 32 yr old QB with nothing besides Adams around him is not a great organizational plan and will likely keep them winning just enough games to stay away from the top of the draft. 

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

McDaniels is a literal clown

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Between Rodgers, Carr, Jimmy G, Minshew and Baker - anybody we bring in will be a massive upgrade over Zach.

We'll see what White does for these last two weeks. 

Nothing against Carr but Mike White is better than anyone available right now, 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

This topic is great, you can tell the posters who just have MW dic$ in their mouth. They don’t want any other QB no matter if it was Payton Manning in his prime. 

Carr would be a huge upgrade and make this team a contender.  Then you keep ZW and let his sit for a year like he should have done coming out of collage.   The cap hit is not worth the 5th found pick the Jets could get.  Better to take a chance after a year he could figure it out

Lol.  You can't bash people who have "Mike Whites d*ck in their mouth" when you have Zach Wilson's in your ass.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I see the jets as a QB friendly destination right now.

This is how I see it, too.

For all the drama that we overanalyze for our own team, every team has things that suck, including playoff & super bowl teams. 

The Jets could - or anyway, should - be the next TB-to-TB destination. Young team; showed it can score points when the QB isn't choking or on a stretcher; young weapons; ability to come in here with that going for it & you the QB look like it was all you that did it. Tampa was a great situation for any legit QB who wasn't committing 40 turnovers, never mind that Brady was still so much better than most on top of that.

Now Carr may not want to come here for his own reasons, but on the off-chance he gets released due to $ it'd be malpractice for JD to not at least throw a 7th round offer. As a FA he'll get 2-3 seasons fully guaranteed; his current contract has just the upcoming one + another $7.5MM guaranteed for injury. If he's one & done here it's not the end of the world, and easier to move on, than picking him up as a FA. And if he wouldn't agree to a trade to the Jets (he has a full no-trade clause), then he's probably not signing a new contract here either unless JD was to guarantee him $40MM/year until he turns 40 himself. 

No one wants his new team to have to give up 1st rounders that'd help him succeed in his new destination. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Carr is at least the third starting Qb to not only be benched but be deactivated: Matt Ryan, Zach, Carr. 

21 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wentz, Trubiski, Baker, Mills

21 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Mariotta

I feel like there's at least one starting QB missing from this list.

I just can't seem to put my finger on it.

Hm. It's like on the tip of my tongue or something. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is how I see it, too.

For all the drama that we overanalyze for our own team, every team has things that suck, including playoff & super bowl teams. 

The Jets could - or anyway, should - be the next TB-to-TB destination. Young team; showed it can score points when the QB isn't choking or on a stretcher; young weapons; ability to come in here with that going for it & you the QB look like it was all you that did it. Tampa was a great situation for any legit QB who wasn't committing 40 turnovers, never mind that Brady was still so much better than most on top of that.

Now Carr may not want to come here for his own reasons, but on the off-chance he gets released due to $ it'd be malpractice for JD to not at least throw a 7th round offer. As a FA he'll get 2-3 seasons fully guaranteed; his current contract has just the upcoming one + another $7.5MM guaranteed for injury. If he's one & done here it's not the end of the world, and easier to move on, than picking him up as a FA. And if he wouldn't agree to a trade to the Jets (he has a full no-trade clause), then he's probably not signing a new contract here either unless JD was to guarantee him $40MM/year until he turns 40 himself. 

No one wants his new team to have to give up 1st rounders that'd help him succeed in his new destination. 

The one wrinkle is Carr may opt to play hardball on no trade clause and attempt to force raiders to cut him so he can get a new deal with new guaranteed money.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually Rivers was pretty good on Indy. Wentz wasn't  terrible either. Ryan has been awful. 

Ryan and Flacco both drafted in 2008 {Gholston year) are actually complete garbage at the same time. They both need to retire after this season.

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Carr would be a huge upgrade and make this team a contender.  Then you keep ZW and let his sit for a year like he should have done coming out of collage.   The cap hit is not worth the 5th found pick the Jets could get.  Better to take a chance after a year he could figure it out. 

Interesting I was actually noticing that the people that were throwing parades for Zach Wilson and his 150 yards a game are now getting overly emotional about a mediocre QB that averages 24 TD passes a year in 2022.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

The one wrinkle is Carr may opt to play hardball on no trade clause and attempt to force raiders to cut him so he can get a new deal with new guaranteed money.

I thought the Raiders could opt out of his deal if they cut him within 3 days of the SB.  Figured that’s what the Raiders are doing here to get out from under his deal

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well like I was saying, he may not be interested in coming here specifically unless it's with a lot more guaranteed money, figuring the Jets will end his career in shame and tears and MRI radiation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well like I was saying, he may not be interested in coming here specifically unless it's with a lot more guaranteed money, figuring the Jets will end his career in shame and tears and MRI radiation.

Plus his agent will want to take the Jets to the cleaners.  

8 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Carr would no doubt be an upgrade but can’t overlook his 0-7 in games played at less than 37 degrees and he generally does not come up big when needed. 

I don't want "an upgrade".  I want a guy who can win us a SB.  I'm not interested in a wildcard loss.