Derek Carr benched and likely out in Las Vegas

Matt39

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Tom Brady is the worst option in the history of options. 

You should be water boarded just for using the term "TB12".

TB12 will give you better production and far better leadership than Carr, while costing less than half and requiring only a short-term commitment.  Plus, he'll also help develop ZW (assuming JD keeps him).

There is no comparison between the two. 

Brady >>>> Carr

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

Another point about Brady:

TB12 has thrown 4,178 yards through 15 games this year.

If we leave out 2021, Derek's Carr's most yards passing in a season is 4,103.  

But people want us to pay more than double the salary to Carr (with probably a long-term deal and a lot of guaranteed money) for a guy who hasn't won sh-t, ever?!  (Literally, zero wins in the postseason).

TB12 in his sleep is better than Derek Carr.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02.htm

image.png.b83dc1277fbebc584b2293ef52ab0d04.png

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CarrDe02/gamelog/post/

image.thumb.png.fadd349c1d01586947bb8cfac02a3010.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

TB12 will give you better production and far better leadership than Carr, while costing less than half and requiring only a short-term commitment.  Plus, he'll also help develop ZW (assuming JD keeps him).

There is no comparison between the two. 

Brady >>>> Carr

Put down the pipe, brother. Crack kills.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But people want us to pay more than double the salary to Carr (with probably a long-term deal and a lot of guaranteed money) for a guy who hasn't won sh-t, ever?!  (Literally, zero wins in the postseason).

I'm going to have to ask you to please, get serious.

Tom Brady. ?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

I'm going to have to ask you to please, get serious.

Tom Brady. ?

If he'd agree to play here, I'd happily sign him up.  Again, he's far better than Derek Carr, will come much cheaper, and only require a short-term commitment (which buys us time to figure out our next move at QB).  Plus if there's any hope of "fixing" ZW, I'm sure being around TB12 could only help.  

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Your the guy saying MW is better than Carr , you've lost all credibility. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brady is by far the best UFA QB next offseason. Signing him makes us probably the favorite to win the super bowl.  But unfortunately some people are lost in their own world where JAGs like Minshew and Mayfield are somehow better options

Just now, VJphillyfan said:

Because he likely cost us our season single handedly and is the main reason jets fans are now drooling over guys like Derek Carr and Gardy Minshew

And the  losses against Bal, Cin ,MInn & Buf don't count, not to mention if the Jets don't make the playoffs it will be because MW lost either or both of the Sea & Mia games. 

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

And the  losses against Bal, Cin ,MInn & Buf don't count, not to mention if the Jets don't make the playoffs it will be because MW lost either or both of the Sea & Mia games. 

Zach literally had to score 6 points to beat the patriots.  If he was even mediocre the jets win at least another 2-3 games and clinched a playoff seed by now.

Zach sucks. MW is way better. Is MW the long term answer? I don’t know but I do know and have known for years Zach is a worse JP Losman

• Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Brady is by far the best UFA QB next offseason. Signing him makes us probably the favorite to win the super bowl.  But unfortunately some people are lost in their own world where JAGs like Minshew and Mayfield are somehow better options

Brady is going to New Orleans where Sean Payton will bring his super staff.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Derek Carr Destinations

1. New York Jets

The Jets are the one team in the NFL that is loaded at almost every position besides quarterback. Their defense has posted the sixth-best total DVOA rating in the NFL and wide receiver Garrett Wilson is the favorite to be named Offensive Rookie of the Year. The drafting of Zach Wilson was a disaster for New York and acquiring Carr would put the team in contention to win the AFC East as soon as 2023. Carr owns a career touchdown to interception ratio of 217 to 99 and his mark of 4 four-quarter comebacks in 2022 only trails two other QBs. Keep in mind New York has more than enough draft capital to make a deal worthwhile for the Raiders as well.

• Upvote 4

On 12/28/2022 at 11:13 AM, Jets4Life1979 said:

And your Jets starting QB in 2023......Derek Carr......let's go!

He will get smashed behind our oft injured piglets..just like his bro was getting sacked every other play in Houston.  Don't need a pocket passer, need someone who can escape like LJ. 

• More Ugh 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:38 AM, VJphillyfan said:

F#c* brady

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, gdfodder said:

He will get smashed behind our oft injured piglets..just like his bro was getting sacked every other play in Houston.  Don't need a pocket passer, need someone who can escape like LJ. 

Our o-line plays much better when the QB is a threat to pass the ball. The offense is also designed for a pocket passer. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:
Our o-line plays much better when the QB is a threat to pass the ball. The offense is also designed for a pocket passer. 

Hope MiLF didn't sabotage the poor kid.  I know I would be irritated if forced to accept something I didn't want.  

2 hours ago, TommyT said:

Derek Carr Destinations

1. New York Jets

The Jets are the one team in the NFL that is loaded at almost every position besides quarterback. Their defense has posted the sixth-best total DVOA rating in the NFL and wide receiver Garrett Wilson is the favorite to be named Offensive Rookie of the Year. The drafting of Zach Wilson was a disaster for New York and acquiring Carr would put the team in contention to win the AFC East as soon as 2023. Carr owns a career touchdown to interception ratio of 217 to 99 and his mark of 4 four-quarter comebacks in 2022 only trails two other QBs. Keep in mind New York has more than enough draft capital to make a deal worthwhile for the Raiders as well.

i dont know if Derek Carr is the answer or not but I am not sure organization as is stands now is capable of choosing who is.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think he lands in Vegas if Carr is out.

McDaniels is tossing aside Carr to attract Brady to the desert. The only time McDaniels has ever looked competent is when he has been carrying Brady's coffee, so it makes sense that he would want Brady in Las Vegas.

There is no chance Brady comes to the Jets.

White has a two game audition for the job. If he falls on his face or the coaches aren't convinced by him, it will be either Garropolo or Carr in New York next year. Saleh and Douglas are on the hot seat this year (I am already in 2023), so they won't care about the cost of getting a quarterback on the team that can run the offence.

Saleh has familiarity with Garropolo so he will be advocating for him. Carr may be seen as the best quarterback available by the front office.

A quick note on Carr, which I just realized and I am not sure if it was mentioned in this thread.

If the Raiders don't find a trading partner and are forced to cut him - Carr becomes an immediate free agent and can sign with any team at any time.  Teams won't need to wait until the start of the new league year with the "tampering period" and the opening of free agency.

The traditional free agency period is reserved for players who are free agents due to expiring contracts.  Players who were cut can be signed at any time.

So, if Carr is cut my guess is that he will be signed with a new team before the start of the combine.

• Sympathy 1