Derek Carr benched and likely out in Las Vegas

Matt39

Carr has impact players on the Raiders esp Adams, Waller, Jacobs, etc. And it hasn't really worked for them. It's not a one player thing a new offense and HC etc. But the talent he has with the Raiders exceeds the Jets. Except the Oline. After week 3 of the season PFF rated the Raiders Oline 30th in NFL. https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/28/offensive-line-for-raiders-ranked-at-no-30-by-pro-football-focus/

6 minutes ago, Wit said:

How many of those TD's were thrown up to Adams though. Im not anti-Carr, its more of the contract. If they sign him and draft Hooker that makes more sense to me. 

He’s had Adams for this year only, he’s been successful without him… give him Breece, carter, bam, average tight ends and a young stud in Wilson and an above average Moore and a top 5 defense and he could take off

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That’s fine as far as it goes; I find Carr intriguing as a change-of-scenery guy, but gun to my head I agree with you on the cost. The problem is, we need an affirmative answer too. There are plenty of guys I don’t like, but who plays QB for this team next year?

GTY-1350486100.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Which is why its laughable that @Beerfish wants to blame the defense for the Lions loss with Zach Wilson only putting up 17 points on a bottom-3 pass D, and the special teams for the NE game.  

Zach played like $hit for sure but we had the lead and the D just had to keep the Lions out of the end zone and they failed miserably.  Failing to protect the lead falls squarely on the defense.  They blew it. 

Carr has been a starter for nine years and put up a winning record in two of those. He is a churchy, straight-edge dude whose own teammates tried to get sacked to death during the George Floyd stuff. Carr is a fine player and a good QB, but probably not a good fit in a young locker room that was just subjected to mega-herb mush Zach Wilson. Especially at $40 mil per. The Raiders are cutting him because Mark Davis is broke and he needs to rally cash for a massive escrow payment (iirc) for the Raiders before his mother dies.  

• WTF? 1

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Please tell me why a Jets fan would say no to this? 

Umm. You kind of have to take eras into account when you make a list like this.  All this list proves is that Namath's 4000 yards in 1967 was unbelievable. It does not prove that Carr was better than O'Brien or Pennington or Todd or Testaverde - all of whom played when 4000 yard passing seasons were not as easily attainable as they are now.  Is Carr an option for next season ? Yes depending on the price.  Is he the best option?  That remains to be seen. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Still under contract I believe. Not going to give up picks and cash for him. If he gets cut you have to at least look into it 

He has a full no-trade clause and his contract allows the Raiders to release him at the end of this year without any cap hit.   In other words, he'll be traded to where he wants to go or he will get released.

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Carr has been a starter for nine years and put up a winning record in two of those. He is a churchy, straight-edge dude whose own teammates tried to get sacked to death during the George Floyd stuff. Carr is a fine player and a good QB, but probably not a good fit in a young locker room that was just subjected to mega-herb mush Zach Wilson. Especially at $40 mil per. The Raiders are cutting him because Mark Davis is broke and he needs to rally cash for a massive escrow payment (iirc) for the Raiders before his mother dies.  

How can they be going broke?

Didn’t they get a kazillion dollars from Vegas?

Carr has been a good QB for his career. even if he took a step back he is better than anyone we are going to get.

be serious, Brady isnt coming here. you think Belichick was they only Pat who hated us and enjoyed running up the score on us? 

Rodgers will not be available unless JD gives them half the farm in a trade and that will hurt our future. we cant go crazy giving up multiple #1s for a almost 40 yr old QB

Minshew is ok but Carr is better. 

White is ok and if he hits a HR these next 2 weeks he will probably be the guy but is he better than Carr?

with this move by the Raiders Carrs value just went down, plus his bad year. we could get him for a #1 and a #3. 

i would take him

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I didn't ask that.

Why would I be concerned with something I don't think will happen as part of the analysis?  Cross that bridge when we get there.  White has the final 2 games to prove he can be more durable than he's shown.  If he doesn't, he doesn't.