Derek Carr benched and likely out in Las Vegas

Matt39

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’m not even convinced that Mike White can make it through 3 or 4 games without getting hurt, much less a full season.

Meanwhile Carr hasn’t missed a start since 2017 and has only missed two games in his career.

He’s dependable. He’s consistent.

And he’s still young enough to be our QB for 5+ years.

He’s been universally regarded as a Top 12-15 QB since he entered the league. The Raiders are a complete mess and he’s dealt with sh*t defenses backing him up his entire career.

Put him on this team with a Top 5 defense and a host of young talent at the skill positions and we’re in business.

I cant argue any of this, nor did I knock Carr, just simply said give Mike White a full year and he could do what Carr does.  Sure, the durability is a question but the Jets could also do a better job of protection as well. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

So Carr is benched and stud ham starts. This just means little Josh’s is jockeying for draft position.

Nah, just Davis being cheap, they're pretty much eliminated from the playoffs and Carr's contract is guaranteed for $40M if he can't pass a physical. Why risk it at this point?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would I be concerned with something I don't think will happen as part of the analysis?  Cross that bridge when we get there.  White has the final 2 games to prove he can be more durable than he's shown.  If he doesn't, he doesn't.  

I don't think I've seen you comment on his injury history yet. If he continues at the same rate he'll get knocked out of one of the 2. Considering he'll probably be wearing a flak jacket and the opposing defense will be looking to punish him it's a good test of his durability.

2 hours ago, undertow said:

What a sad state of affairs....two years ago we have the 2nd overall pick with plenty of QBs on the board now we are arguing over trash cans like Derrick Carr and Gardner Minshew. 

Z Wilson

T Lance

J Fields

M Jones

Those are the QBs on the board when the Jets picked.   Lance can't get on the field. He hasn't played more than a few games since 2019.  That will be four seasons of inactivity come next season.  Fields right now is a running back playing QB.  I would clearly take him over Wilson, but the jury is still out on whether Fields is an NFL QB.  Mac Jones is a weak armed pompous ass whose ceiling may be an NFL back up.  I agree Wilson was a bust, but it looks like Lawrence may be the only QB in that class who amounts to anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't think I've seen you comment on his injury history yet. If he continues at the same rate he'll get knocked out of one of the 2. Considering he'll probably be wearing a flak jacket and the opposing defense will be looking to punish him it's a good test of his durability.

I've said a few times its the only legitimate reason to knock him.  But if he proves to be more durable than he's shown he's earned QB1 (or at least QB1a) duties.  Period.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

Carr has impact players on the Raiders esp Adams, Waller, Jacobs, etc. And it hasn't really worked for them. It's not a one player thing a new offense and HC etc. But the talent he has with the Raiders exceeds the Jets. Except the Oline. After week 3 of the season PFF rated the Raiders Oline 30th in NFL. https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/28/offensive-line-for-raiders-ranked-at-no-30-by-pro-football-focus/

Carr played this entire season without his top 3 targets ever being on the field together - Adams, Renfro, Waller.  Renfro and Waller basically were injured this entire season. Then add in the McDaniels factor. This guy drafted Tebow.  He's a QB killer.  I'd give it a shot if he can be had without having to pay that contract in full.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Carr played this entire season without his top 3 targets ever being on the field together - Adams, Renfro, Waller.  Renfro and Waller basically were injured this entire season. Then add in the McDaniels factor. This guy drafted Tebow.  He's a QB killer.  I'd give it a shot if he can be had without having to pay that contract in full.

I thought McDaniel was good with Qbs he worked great for years with Brady. He's just been highly unsuccessful as a HC. Very good OC. 

32 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I cant argue any of this, nor did I knock Carr, just simply said give Mike White a full year and he could do what Carr does.  Sure, the durability is a question but the Jets could also do a better job of protection as well. 

They can get Mike White to put on ten pounds of muscle and take up Pilates, but they’re never getting Derek Carr to play for under $30 mil. 

• Post of the Week 2

18 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Are you on a first name basis with him?  Best buddies forever?  Cmon. The Vikings kicker is also Greg.  

I didn’t think it would be that hard to piece together someone saying Greg was 5/5 with fgs against the Vikings to figure out who was being discussed, but here we are 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Did he really have anything to do with Brady's success?  Or was it Belichick? Or just Brady?  He has been a train wreck as a HC this season.

The fact he even got another shot after what he did to the colts is shocking… he’s Adam Gase lite… thinks he’s smarter than everyone and has made the situation worse. He should go crawling back to bill like Patricia, judge, and all the others.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Carr has impact players on the Raiders esp Adams, Waller, Jacobs, etc. And it hasn't really worked for them. It's not a one player thing a new offense and HC etc. But the talent he has with the Raiders exceeds the Jets. Except the Oline. After week 3 of the season PFF rated the Raiders Oline 30th in NFL. https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/28/offensive-line-for-raiders-ranked-at-no-30-by-pro-football-focus/

Waller hasn’t been healthy 2 seasons now.  This years Jets have more impact players, especially if Breece is playing

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've said a few times it’s the only legitimate reason to knock him.  But if he proves to be more durable than he's shown he's earned QB1 (or at least QB1a) duties.  Period.

Cat Glasses GIF by Leroy Patterson

he takes the check down too soon and throws short of the sticks on 3rd down too often.
he is an easy target to sack, even when he does survive the hit. Where did you fall in the Pennington debates ? Just curious 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They can get Mike White to put on ten pounds of muscle and take up Pilates, but they’re never getting Derek Carr to play for under $30 mil. 

He’s 27 years old, not 19. Cement feet are for life, trust me on that lol 

• Upvote 2