Jump to content

Take a stand...how will the last two games end up?


JohnnyLV

How will the regular season end?  

101 members have voted

  1. 1. How will the regular season end?

    • Mike White leads us to 2-0 and we make the playoffs
    • We go 2-0 but somehow the Cheatriots do also and we are 9-8 and on the outside looking in
    • We split the games. White plays well and is consideration for starter
    • We split the games, but White does not really distinguish himself
    • Our collapse is completed, we go 0-2 and face major overhaul in the offseason and QB and possibly in the coaching staff or Front Office


Recommended Posts

Interested in what people are thinking will happen. I will be honest that my gut feels like our season is over and we will go 7-10 with lots of changes in the offseason. I want Mike White to lead us to the playoffs and beyond, I just do not feel like it is going to happen. I hope and pray I am wrong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m going to preface my answer by saying the Seattle game will tell the tale. I just don’t see us splitting these two.

If we win, we’re beating Miami, if we lose to Seattle, we’re done, and we lose to Miami also. 
I want to say we sweep so badly, but this team has lost 4 in a row, and blown chance after chance to lock up a playoff spot. I wouldn’t bet $5 on them turning it around now, so I’m going with Johnny here. 7-10, and hilarity ensues. ?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m going to preface my answer by saying the Seattle game will tell the tale. I just don’t see us splitting these two.

If we win, we’re beating Miami, if we lose to Seattle, we’re done, and we lose to Miami also. 
I want to say we sweep so badly, but this team has lost 4 in a row, and blown chance after chance to lock up a playoff spot. I wouldn’t bet $5 on them turning it around now, so I’m going with Johnny here. 7-10, and hilarity ensues. ?

The only hope I hold onto is that the last playoff spot will go to Jets, Miami or NE and to be honest every one of us is in full collapse mode ending the season. We might make it just off the defense to allow us to just suck a little less.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

We all feel the disturbance in the force. After losing to Geno and Teddy and Sam is playing well, and Brady and belicheat are in the playoffs, just try to remember that the NFL is just entertainment. 

Sam may wind up starting for Carolina again next year. Will Geno see significant interest outside of Seattle? Will Shane Waldron be a HC candidate for teams (have liked him for a while)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

0-2

It amazes me that anyone thinks otherwise. You can just feel the collapse in real time, and its the most Jetsy thing ever to have Geno Smith seal our playoff fate shut. 

Teddy Bridgewater is a former Jet, too.

But Mike White is an anti-SOJ force for good.  The narrative will not be “revenge games”.  It’ll instead be the Mike White ascension.

  • Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will decide when I see the pics and video of the Jets players walking the tunnel to the locker room.

If the team looks all business, Jets win in Seattle.

If they are wearing those ridiculous t-shirts with other player’s faces... a  Bobby Boucher jersey, the Bad News Bears… something from Cam Newton’s closet or the Stanley Ipkiss Mask wardrobe… Avatar hoodies… silly hair  colors…

Guaranteed loss.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty obvious how this goes 

We split and White does little to distinguish himself.

It will further cement the truth that the Jets are a playoff team with a viable QB and Douglas will land one of Carr, Brady or Rodgers before the draft.

If you’re relying on some fringe starter at QB in a career altering year where you have a playoff ready roster and multiple obvious, superior alternatives available…then you’re a f*cking dunce and I don’t want you running my football team.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why does this Seattle game keep getting framed as a Pete Carroll revenge game?  It’s been almost 30 years since he was fired from here.

That said 2-0.  Seattle will be tough but if we get past them, then we are trouncing Miami.  It’s falling into place much like the final weeks of 2002 and 2009.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a young team still learning how to win. Good teams get that all wins don’t need to be pretty. I’m just not sure that they’re at the point where they understand that winning ugly is OK. If the players think that they can ONLY be victorious if MW is great, then I’m sorry, it’s going to be long Sunday afternoon. EVERYONE needs to play great.

The season is on the line. Next week’s game only means something if they win this Sunday. So, I truly hope that their minds are 100% focused on the task at hand.

I expect nothing. If they win, GREAT! If they don’t, that’s Ok. They’ve given us fans one of the best seasons in what, a decade? having a meaningful game this late in the season is something that’s surprised even the most optimistic of fans. 
 

Let’s enjoy the ride!

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Interested in what people are thinking will happen. I will be honest that my gut feels like our season is over and we will go 7-10 with lots of changes in the offseason. I want Mike White to lead us to the playoffs and beyond, I just do not feel like it is going to happen. I hope and pray I am wrong.

Don't worry Mike white will play great either way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Why does this Seattle game keep getting framed as a Pete Carroll revenge game?  It’s been almost 30 years since he was fired from here.

That said 2-0.  Seattle will be tough but if we get past them, then we are trouncing Miami.  It’s falling into place much like the final weeks of 2002 and 2009.

Revenge for the Jamal heist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...