Garrett Wilson is Elite Against Man Coverage

Doggin94it

15 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Wait until they actually have a real Qb throwing him the ball! Probably places him in AJB territory 

Well not even that, but on top of level of QB play itself, in 9 starts Wilson only averaged 27 attempts per game (28 if you add in Strev's 15 attempts). Then from there add the sacks to the # of dropbacks.

His opportunities are lower just by the number of plays, never mind who's been mostly QBing those plays added to that.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, carlito1171 said:

See what happens when you actually pick a WR in the 1st round! LOL 

Seriously tho, we got ourselves a good one.....with more consistent QB play he can be up there with some of the top wideouts in the league

While I don't disagree, we have hit on some really good wrs after the first round in the past. Coles, Cotchery, Brad Smith, Dustin Keller (TE) Kerley, Moore, Mims (can be great given opportunity) and some guy named Chrebet (undrafted no less). Point being its also QB, and play calling that can set up wrs for success too.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol

3rd round is absolutely an adequate investment when you find Cooper Kupp there, yes.

I remember being excited about that wr from Cal that Maccacgnan drafted a few years back. What ever happened to him haha Chad Hansen or something.

14 minutes ago, TNJet said:

While I don't disagree, we have hit on some really good wrs after the first round in the past. Coles, Cotchery, Brad Smith, Dustin Keller (TE) Kerley, Moore, Mims (can be great given opportunity) and some guy named Chrebet (undrafted no less). Point being its also QB, and play calling that can set up wrs for success too.

Keller was a 1st rounder 

And while thats a nice group of WRs you named....none of them have the gamebreaking ability of Garrett....Coles did but the others no not so much...

It's not an exact science but premium picks for premium talent. 

QB is def a factor also, and I think we really unlock Garrett if we can stabilize the position..

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Keller was a 1st rounder 

And while thats a nice group of WRs you named....none of them have the gamebreaking ability of Garrett....Coles did but the others no not so much...

It's not an exact science but premium picks for premium talent. 

QB is def a factor also, and I think we really unlock Garrett if we can stabilize the position..

Thats right but he was like pick 30 so I was thinking 2nd round.  I'm excited about Ruckert to be honest. I see him being better than Bust Uzomah.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Have you given up on Moore or Mims? I haven't.

I don’t necessarily need to have given up on those guys to think they should add another receiver. Those guys haven’t produced consistently yet.

The odds a draft pick hits and Moore turns it around and Mims turns it around are monumentally low. And if that happens they can play at least three of those guys together and/or move one for assets as WR’s are in demand.

But I don’t think it’s prudent to sit on their hands and hope one of those guys turns it around, especially as we’re back to then trying to make this a QB friendly situation -whether they want to go the young pick or draft prospect route.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, derp said:

I don’t necessarily need to have given up on those guys to think they should add another receiver. Those guys haven’t produced consistently yet.

The odds a draft pick hits and Moore turns it around and Mims turns it around are monumentally low. And if that happens they can play at least three of those guys together and/or move one for assets as WR’s are in demand.

But I don’t think it’s prudent to sit on their hands and hope one of those guys turns it around, especially as we’re back to then trying to make this a QB friendly situation -whether they want to go the young pick or draft prospect route.

Yeah I get that....But I don't want a first round WR this year. I want an OT, C, or QB, our 3 biggest needs.

4 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yeah I get that....But I don't want a first round WR this year. I want an OT, C, or QB, our 3 biggest needs.

I mean, there isn’t going to be a center go in the first, and you wouldn’t take one in the mid first anyway. There might not be a quarterback worth taking in the mid first. And the tackles might be off the board by the time the Jets pick.

Overall I think it’s more helpful to draft off of ideas ie need to improve the offense and be flexible within that context than lock into positions, especially as we sit here in December before free agency.

Doesn’t have to be a first round receiver either. Couple of those guys listed went outside the first.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, derp said:

I mean, there isn’t going to be a center go in the first, and you wouldn’t take one in the mid first anyway. There might not be a quarterback worth taking in the mid first. And the tackles might be off the board by the time the Jets pick.

Overall I think it’s more helpful to draft off of ideas ie need to improve the offense and be flexible within that context than lock into positions, especially as we sit here in December before free agency.

Doesn’t have to be a first round receiver either. Couple of those guys listed went outside the first.

I figure Hooker, and Levis to be there around 20 and they are rated as the #2 and 3 QB behind the Ohio State kid Shroud that will be gone by the 10th selection. Either is better than ZW. They would also be great competition to push Mike White next year if he is rightfully re-signed. As far as the olinemen, there always seems to be starting caliber guys about 5 deep at each position in each draft.

20 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I figure Hooker, and Levis to be there around 20 and they are rated as the #2 and 3 QB behind the Ohio State kid Shroud that will be gone by the 10th selection. Either is better than ZW. They would also be great competition to push Mike White next year if he is rightfully re-signed. As far as the olinemen, there always seems to be starting caliber guys about 5 deep at each position in each draft.

Better than Zach Wilson isn’t a good bar.

Hooker just had a significant injury, is coming from an offense that gives him easy reads, and will be 25 as a rookie. He’s a second round pick at best. Levis never put everything together and I really don’t like his pocket presence. He could be off the board, but if he isn’t I don’t think a raw old prospect is the right direction for this team anyway. The only one I’d like in the first is Richardson with a commitment to sit him at least one year.

It looks like there are three first round tackles this year and one might be a guard. There’s a chance one is there, but with demand at the position and scarcity it’s also very possible the two pure tackles are gone. If you’re talking starter then it doesn’t need to be in the first.