Money/Contract That Garoppolo & Carr Would Rate ???

THE BARON

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m obviously missing something about Jordan Love. Can you explain why people here want us to give this guy his second contract?

- he was a 1st round pick

- 3 years experience with our system

- low risk high reward as he won't cost asuch as Carr or JG

- HC in GB is Salehs BFF and our OCs brother so he will tell us exactly what we'd be getting 

- Marched GB down the field in his limited play this year

- it's like drafting a first round QB but fast tracking through all the learning 

- He wants to play so you can sign him on a 2 year deal for half of what Carr or Glass Garrapolo would command then sign him for a big contract if he winds up being the real deal

You could sign both Love and Re-sign MW for what Carr costs. 

Trade Zip if you can find a 2nd otherwise let him sit all year in 23.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, David Harris said:

I'm in on Derrick Carr - he's my first choice.  Buy low on a guy who is an adequate starter after a down year in a crappy Head Coaches new system.  His INT's and play will regress to the mean of his career which is a quality NFL QB.  That's all this team needs right now. 

Good leader who will stabilize the floor at QB.  We'd have 10 wins right now with him.

And also I don't see any reason to get rid of Zach Wilson.  Let him be QB 3 next year and inactive on gamedays.  You lose money trading or cutting him.  His value couldn't be any lower that it is now. 

I upvoted you here because I agree with everything except what you said about Zach. We need to get rid of him this offseason, especially if we sign Carr. 
Yes, his value is low, but it’s not going to get any higher sitting behind a guy who has missed two games his entire career.

On the flip side, if we retain Mike White and/or bring in someone like Minshew, Mayfield or Love, that’s as good as saying we have no belief in him. To keep him around at that point isn’t what the fans want, probably the team also. It’s also not fair to Zach. What’s the point?

I know “being fair to the player” shouldn’t be our top concern, but in this case we’d be lucky to get a 5th for him.
He’s a bust level player who isn’t in our plans, why not let him try to make it elsewhere?

5 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Jimmy G - one year deal $12-15 mil

Carr - 4 years $60 mil

Lol Mike White will probably get somewhere close to years 60 mil over 4 years. Especially if he finishes the season strong and gets the Jets in the playoffs.

I'm guessing Carr gets 100mil over 3 years. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t necessarily agree.  There aren’t a whole lot of open starting spots and there’s a lot of QBs, Baker, Jameis, Brisset, Minshew will all be looking for a starting position.  Supply and demand isn’t going to help.  

Jameis Winston is a guy I completely forgot existed. (Don’t get old… it sucks) Was he injured all season?

? I’d definitely take the proverbial flyer on him. I’m also dying to make a joke about signing him for xxxx number of crab legs, but that would be kind of mean, so I won’t go there.

• Upvote 1

And also threw 2 picks and lost to the cowboys last Sunday with a stacked roster surrounding him

I’m just saying if minshew is so good he beats the cowboys.  Hurts did. 

As a poster, you’re the equivalent of a young player who flashes loads of talent, yet is still prone to mind boggling mistakes.

It’s frustrating to watch. The potential for greatness is there, we see it, but we have to wonder if you will ever put it together. 
I guess we need to be patient with you for now. It wouldn’t make sense to cut you this soon.

TLDR.  Right now you’re Elijah Moore…don’t go full Zach or Mims on us… ?

• Haha 1

Tua's health will determine how the QB situations shake out.

Dolphins and Jets seem like the most likely landing spots for Carr. Dolphins, warm weather, no income tax and Carr has likely seen enough from Tyreek Hill playing in the same division.

Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Titans, and Patriots could all be in on Jimmy G.

Raiders may be the favorites for Brady especially with Adams. Maybe they get Gronk out of retirement too. 

I'm not sure I see Douglas and Saleh hinging their future entirely on Mike White and his health, regardless of how this season plays out.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

- he was a 1st round pick

- 3 years experience with our system

- low risk high reward as he won't cost asuch as Carr or JG

- HC in GB is Salehs BFF and our OCs brother so he will tell us exactly what we'd be getting 

- Marched GB down the field in his limited play this year

- it's like drafting a first round QB but fast tracking through all the learning 

- He wants to play so you can sign him on a 2 year deal for half of what Carr or Glass Garrapolo would command then sign him for a big contract if he winds up being the real deal

You could sign both Love and Re-sign MW for what Carr costs. 

Trade Zip if you can find a 2nd otherwise let him sit all year in 23.

I think this is the move this offseason.

Lets say Mike White finishes strong but they’re still not convinced he’s the guy.

You can probably get Jordan Love in a trade for a 3rd or 4th round pick and you have him on a 1 year deal for about 2 million to battle it out with MFW in camp.

He’s a first round talent that has learned and trained in our system for the last 3 seasons. Could be an absolute steal and better option instead of drafting someone in the 3rd or 4th and trying to develop them over the course of 3-4 seasons.

If he doesn’t work out then he’a off the books free and clear in 2024.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Tua's health will determine how the QB situations shake out.

Dolphins and Jets seem like the most likely landing spots for Carr. Dolphins, warm weather, no income tax and Carr has likely seen enough from Tyreek Hill playing in the same division.

Dolphins, Jets, Raiders, Titans, and Patriots could all be in on Jimmy G.

Raiders may be the favorites for Brady especially with Adams. Maybe they get Gronk out of retirement too. 

I'm not sure I see Douglas and Saleh hinging their future entirely on Mike White and his health, regardless of how this season plays out.

Carr is a dry heat guy. wont last in florida

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If JD goes with a FA QB, it looks like Garoppolo and or Carr are the most likely.

What soft of contract would each of them get on the current market ??? How much and how may years ???

Carr $$$ ???

Garoppolo $$$ ???

How much would they cost and for how long would the Jets be tied to them ???

TBH the last few offseasons have had multiple QB shuffles that used to never happen let’s not put all our eggs in the trash with these 2 jabronis.

I suspect teams are going to take a long look at Jimmy G’s medical, b/c he is going to get a monster contract if there is the slightest hint of sunshine in that situation.  But it might be a similar case to last year, where it just took to long for their to be clarity on his situation.  Otoh, I personally don’t want anything to do with him at this point.  Too much injury risk, he’s declining from the abuse he’s taken, he also takes forever to round into shape once the injury is passed, and probably in it for the paycheck at this point.  It looks like a potential Russel Wilson situation.  But yes, if everything goes right for him, he is the best overall talent here by a hair.  Maybe 10-15th best qb in the NFL lvl at his best.

Carr will necessitate draft picks.  Not a great offense fit.  Probably declining.

Brady/Rogers.  Won’t want to come here. Declining rapidly. 

As usual in the NFL, there aren’t great options at qb without a trade.  Its just a brutal position to solve.

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:

If JD goes with a FA QB, it looks like Garoppolo and or Carr are the most likely.

What soft of contract would each of them get on the current market ??? How much and how may years ???

Carr $$$ ???

Garoppolo $$$ ???

While maybe both are better than Wilson neither would be better than Mike white. Never happen.

JD might bring in a minchew or something or draft a guy but he won't spend big bucks or spend more than what he pays Mike white next year

5 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

As a poster, you’re the equivalent of a young player who flashes loads of talent, yet is still prone to mind boggling mistakes.

It’s frustrating to watch. The potential for greatness is there, we see it, but we have to wonder if you will ever put it together. 
I guess we need to be patient with you for now. It wouldn’t make sense to cut you this soon.

TLDR.  Right now you’re Elijah Moore…don’t go full Zach or Mims on us… ?

Minshew is not that good. That’s literally all I’m saying

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

While maybe both are better than Wilson neither would be better than Mike white. Never happen.

JD might bring in a minchew or something or draft a guy but he won't spend big bucks or spend more than what he pays Mike white next year

Minshew is Steve Young compared to Wilson.  Problem is he’s Minshew compared to anyone good

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If he drafts a guy to play behind a one year rental like Minshew, I was thinking Tanner McKee would be a good QB prospect for them.  Nice size, good strong arm, accuracy, touch.  Downside is that he is not "athletic".  He can move in the pocket, but he's not going to gain yardage with his feet.  Due to his timing and ball placement, he's described by many pundits as a good fit for a west coast system like LeFluer's.  He will also need time for the pro game to "slow down for him".   There is some suggestion that he can lose his concentration under heavy pressure.  Anyway... If the Jets are not going to get the top guys,  Stroud, Young or Levis, I think McKee comes with the most upside of the later first round, early second round QB prospects.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Carr $$$ ???

Garoppolo $$$ ???

Jimmy G is more affordable as he in making $7MM this year.

I do not think Carr is a realistic option as he is making $40MM, under contract and will be in heavy demand.

While it is a possibility they get both I do not see it unless they unload ZW.