Are The Jets Obligated to Play Zach in 2023

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I can’t see his ass being on the fire for ZW.  He was the consensus #2, it happens.  Lots of people were wrong if he never pans out.  Not like he went away from the chalk and reached and failed.  Then as you said he nailed this years draft.  Also his job was to find a QB, does it matter how if he’s hit on White?  

How can Woody ignore the two (2) high 1st round busts?  Forgive for Becton?  Sure. Same for Zach?  Yep.  But both?   Sorry, but that's a tall order for any owner. 

FWIW, I 100% agree with you and, I'll bet, most Jets fans that JD should remain.  I think he has a very promising future as a GM and one day may be as high up there as some of the best.  I am a big JD fan. But that doesn't mean we don't talk about his two 1st round gargantuan busts, does it?  I hope it's discussed often by JD and his staff because that's how to  learn from early mistakes.  I feel similarly about Robert Saleh, believe it or not.  I've done a complete 180 from where I was on him 11 months ago.  the Douglas/Saleh combo has strong potential and I, for one,, am nowhere close to blowing it up.  But those two 1st round busts are clouding the room.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I haven’t read one reputable source in the media say JD is pushing for ZW to play.  I’ve read where he’s said he still believes in him, that he’s still a QB etc, all the niceties like that were said after his first benching.  Nothing saying JD was pushing for ZW to start.  

What you said is up for interpretation.  JD said he still believes Zach can be the QB can be interpreted that JD wants him to be the Jets QB. I mean you just said what I have said. If JD believes Zacj can be the QB, he must want hin to play for the Jets. I have also heard Saleh and MLF have moved on from him. Nobody has heard it from there mouth. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

What you said is up for interpretation.  JD said he still believes Zach can be the QB can be interpreted that JD wants him to be the Jets QB. I mean you just said what I have said. If JD believes Zacj can be the QB, he must want hin to play for the Jets. I have also heard Saleh and MLF have moved on from him. Nobody has heard it from there mouth. 

I agree, would bet the house he still believes in ZWs physical skills and is hoping he finds whatever is missing between the ears and feet that will allow him to play.  Either out of need here or as better trade value to others.  But thinking he still can become what he thought he was getting is drastically different than making his HC play him.  
Happy New Year to you and yours

• Upvote 1