We are Washington

Green Ghost

We both have an owner the fan base doesn’t like

Their fans hate the new name, we hate our uniforms

No FQB on either team

Two good defensive lines and a good young WR

neither is a 2-4 win team anymore, but we’re both in a tough division with an elite team and two pretty solid ones. Neither will have an easy road to a playoff berth for the foreseeable future. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 2

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I really don't understand why fans dislike Woody so much. I guess you can say his worst quality is picking a HC, which is a huge part to why things suck. But outside of that, he's fine lol.

I agree 100% but that’s a battle we’ll never win here. No sense even trying. ?‍♂️

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

They were the young hot team with An awesome GM but no QB. They decided to go the veteran route and it got them nowhere.

Ah, okay. ?

I just never saw us as that “hot young team” though tbh, even when we were 7-4. Maybe because I never believed in Zach, and I also think we caught a few teams at the right time (ie, backup QBs)

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ah, okay. ?

I just never saw us as that “hot young team” though tbh, even when we were 7-4. Maybe because I never believed in Zach, and I also think we caught a few teams at the right time (ie, backup QBs)

I keep hearing this about playing against backup quarterbacks. But haven't we been starting backup quarterbacks the entire season, and in Zach's case a third stringer at best?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Agree there are a lot of comparisons with Washington but I’m not as high on the AFC East beginning in 2023.

Bills:  Josh Allen’s contract balloons from $16M to $40M per year.

Dolphins:  Tua’s concussions are a MAJOR concern.  Who knows what happens here?

Pats:  Yes, they OWN us but their roster is meh

Right now they own Wilson. The jets played well enough otherwise to win both games.

• Upvote 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

I really don't understand why fans dislike Woody so much. I guess you can say his worst quality is picking a HC, which is a huge part to why things suck. But outside of that, he's fine lol.

Agree.

He's been god awful in picking GMs and head coaches in between Rex/Tanny and Saleh/JD, but for the first 10-12 years of his ownership we had a competitive team that was almost always in the playoff hunt.  Problem was, we had two/three juggernauts in the AFC in NE, Indy and Pitts.

I can't fault him for Metlife...he was left with few options and limited time after the west side stadium got stolen from him by the crooks in Albany and I don't fault him at all for shooting for the moon to get the west side stadium.

He has also shown that he's willing to spend money to bring players in, the only problem with that is he left those decisions to idiots like Idzik and Mac.

And, despite the conspiracy theories, I don't see him at all as an owner who is issuing directives behind the scenes about who to sign, who to draft, who to play.

If those conspiracy theories were true, we would have heard about it a long time ago...we've been through enough front office people and coaches who would have come out and said so already.

You guys really think a guy like Westoff wouldn't have already come out and said that Woody was mediling too much in football decisions?  The only people saying that are fans speculating and beat reporters looking for clicks.

Woody isn't the best owner in the league...but he gets way too bad of a rap around here.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It's starting to feel like the 2017 Jaguars honestly. I really really hope not.

Don’t see it.  We’ll have the below core for the next 2-4 years and will use this off-season to surgically improve QB, OL, WR and critically evaluate MLF.

At worst, we are the Titans.

As a realistic target, we are the 49ers.

Quinnen - top 1-3 DT (25 years old)

Sauce - top 1-3 CB (22 years old)

G Wilson - #1 WR (22 years old)

Breece - top 5 RB (21 years old)

AVT - top 5 LG (23 years old)

DJ Reed - top 10 CB (26 years old)

Jermaine Johnson - Edge (23 years old)

Bryce Huff - Edge (24 years old)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

We both have an owner the fan base doesn’t like

Sorry, it's not even close on this.  Dan Snyder is universally loathed here.  Not disliked, loathed.  Hated in a way I've almost never seen in modern sports.

Woody is certainly disliked by a somewhat small, quite vocal subset of fans, not all.  Not even close to the same IMO (as a Jets fan long living in DC).

Their fans hate the new name, we hate our uniforms

Again, not even close.  We don't have a new name to hate that ended a century of history, and our new uni's aren't remotely hated the way the total rebrand of the 'Ders has been.

No FQB on either team

Two good defensive lines and a good young WR

This is more apt. 

Each team's #1 has disappointed (Wilson/Wentz) and both teams have well-liked, lower-talent try-hards (White and Heinicke).

And both have solid D-lines, although their big pick (Young) is turning himself into a perceived bust at this point.

I give them the advantage at WR, our Wilson was comped to their McLaurin (I love both), but Dotson is likely better than anyone we have other than Wilson himself.

neither is a 2-4 win team anymore, but we’re both in a tough division with an elite team and two pretty solid ones. Neither will have an easy road to a playoff berth for the foreseeable future. 

True enough.  And both are trying to win with mostly Defense, with lame/lower producing Offenses (counter to current NFL trends).  

• Upvote 2

Now let's do the New York football Giants. 

The 2022 Giants are the 2015 Jets.

Joe Schoen is Mike Maccagnan who knows all about competitive rebuilds.

Brian Daboll is Todd Bowles who almost gets to the playoffs in his first season then sucks the rest of the time.

Daniel Jones is a meh quarterback who will choke at the end of the season costing the Giants a playoff berth.

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Sorry, it's not even close on this.  Dan Snyder is universally loathed here.  Not disliked, loathed.  Hated in a way I've almost never seen in modern sports.

Woody is certainly disliked by a somewhat small, quite vocal subset of fans, not all.  Not even close to the same IMO (as a Jets fan long living in DC).

Again, not even close.  We don't have a new name to hate that ended a century of history, and our new uni's aren't remotely hated the way the total rebrand of the 'Ders has been.

This is more apt. 

Each team's #1 has disappointed (Wilson/Wentz) and both teams have well-liked, lower-talent try-hards (White and Heinicke).

And both have solid D-lines, although their big pick (Young) is turning himself into a perceived bust at this point.

I give them the advantage at WR, our Wilson was comped to their McLaurin (I love both), but Dotson is likely better than anyone we have other than Wilson himself.

True enough.  And both are trying to win with mostly Defense, with lame/lower producing Offenses (counter to current NFL trends).  

I was actually going to tag you in my OP, because I know you’re pretty clued in on both teams. I was hoping you’d respond, and I’m glad you did.

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Woody is a scapegoat for lots of folks. He has given them all they asked for. Joe Douglass, allowed him to pick a HC, state of the art facility in Jersey 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Now let's do the New York football Giants. 

The 2022 Giants are the 2015 Jets.

Joe Schoen is Mike Maccagnan who knows all about competitive rebuilds.

Brian Daboll is Todd Bowles who almost gets to the playoffs in his first season then sucks the rest of the time.

Daniel Jones is a meh quarterback who will choke at the end of the season costing the Giants a playoff berth.

When did the Giants replace the Bills as the team you love to hate? ????

I disagree with your Daboll, Schoen, buddy. From what I’ve seen Daboll would be up there right behind Pederson as COY in his first year as HC. That’s pretty damn good.The GM is unproven thus far, but putting the “Macc tag” on him seems premature.

The Jones take is  pretty fair though, I’ll give you that. I kinda respect what he’s done with the WRs and TEs he has to work with, but I don’t see anything elite about him either.