We are Washington

Green Ghost

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Whoa. I think if you want to point to a positive about the jets they have very few scumbags , arrests and scandals compared to the league average and woody is hardly a hard charging win now  type of guy but Snyder is human trash. 

Woody is also running (to our knowledge) a Pro organization, not a "lets sexually assault the staff and cheerleaders" ring for his rich friends.  Woody is also not stealing revenue from the NFL, far as we know.

Woody is not acting as GM, like Dan has done throughout his tenure.

Woody has sought respected people outside the organization to try and help him fill vital roles.  May not have worked out, but got to respect the humility to seek help from smarter guys.  Dan can't spell humility.

Woody has fixed broken management structure (Coach and GM both reporting to him) when he saw it didn't work.  Took too long, but he fixed it.  Dan has not changed a single thing, he's still de facto GM as he's always been.

Woody got a new Stadium.  It may not be where we all want it, or as nice as some would prefer, but he got it.  Dan continues to fail completely at getting a stadium, and last word was it's going to end up in a worse location than Metlife by far, not even close to DC, and not in the old RFK site so perfect for a NFL Stadium for a DC team.

Woody is not at war with all the local media.  Dan Snyder and the Washington Post feud is legendary.  As is Dan's legal fights with local jurisdictions for his personal properties, and his fights with his old co-owners, all of whom hate him.

Woody has embraced our history (such that it is), Dan, supposed a lifelong Skins fan, has almost totally rejected that teams history and fanbase and alienated all it's old stars.

Woody still pretty much sells out MetLife, the horrid stadium in MD is mostly empty every week, with huge sections cordoned off permanently so he can pretend it's a sellout and not get blacked out.

Woody (and Chris) Johnson are far from perfect owners.  They've made tons of mistakes.  And results show that.  

But Woody is no Dan Snyder.  No one is, not even that obnoxious chuckledick down in Dallas.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Woody is also running (to our knowledge) a Pro organization, not a "lets sexually assault the staff and cheerleaders" ring for his rich friends.  Woody is also not stealing revenue from the NFL, far as we know.

Woody is not acting as GM, like Dan has done throughout his tenure.

Woody has sought respected people outside the organization to try and help him fill vital roles.  May not have worked out, but got to respect the humility to seek help from smarter guys.  Dan can't spell humility.

Woody has fixed broken management structure (Coach and GM both reporting to him) when he saw it didn't work.  Took too long, but he fixed it.  Dan has not changed a single thing, he's still de facto GM as he's always been.

Woody got a new Stadium.  It may not be where we all want it, or as nice as some would prefer, but he got it.  Dan continues to fail completely at getting a stadium, and last word was it's going to end up in a worse location than Metlife by far, not even close to DC, and not in the old RFK site so perfect for a NFL Stadium for a DC team.

Woody is not at war with all the local media.  Dan Snyder and the Washington Post feud is legendary.  As is Dan's legal fights with local jurisdictions for his personal properties, and his fights with his old co-owners, all of whom hate him.

Woody has embraced our history (such that it is), Dan, supposed a lifelong Skins fan, has almost totally rejected that teams history and fanbase and alienated all it's old stars.

Woody still pretty much sells out MetLife, the horrid stadium in MD is mostly empty every week, with huge sections cordoned off permanently so he can pretend it's a sellout and not get blacked out.

Woody (and Chris) Johnson are far from perfect owners.  They've made tons of mistakes.  And results show that.  

But Woody is no Dan Snyder.  No one is, not even that obnoxious chuckledick down in Dallas.

Let’s put the Woody/Snyder stuff aside for a minute. That’s really not the direction this should go, I don’t think anyone would disagree that Woody is the better man.

I think you, and maybe @The Crusher (because of where you both live) watch the DER’s more than the rest of us. Whenever I see them play this season, it feels like I’m watching the same things I do when I watch the Jets.
Do you two ever feel the same, or am I totally off base here?

• Upvote 1

2012-PRESENT DAY - WE ARE THE GIANTS

RECORD

New York Giants 69-107-1

New York Jets 62-114-0

WINNING SEASONS

New York Giants (2)

2012: 9-7

2016: 11-5

New York Jets (1)

2015: 10-6

PLAYOFFS

New York Giants

2016: 0-1, Lost Wild Card

New York Jets

N/A

COACHES

New York Giants (6 head coaches)

Tom Coughlin (2012-2015) Record: 28-36, Never qualified for Playoffs during this stretch of tenure with Giants.

Ben McAdoo (2016-2017) Record: 13-15, 1 trip to the playoffs (2016) and bounced in first round.*

Steve Spagnuolo** (2017) Record: 1-3, Never qualified for Playoffs.

Pat Shurmur (2018-2019) Record: 9-23, Never qualified for Playoffs.

Joe Judge (2020-2021) Record: 10-23, Never qualified for Playoffs.

Brian Daboll (2022-Present Day) Record: 8-6-1, in the midst of an epic 2-5-1 collapse after 6-1 start. Yet to qualify for Playoffs.

New York Jets (4 head coaches)

Rex Ryan (2012-2014) Record: 18-30, Never qualified for playoffs during this stretch of tenure with the Jets.

Todd Bowles (2015-2018) Record: 24-40, Never qualified for the Playoffs.

Adam Gase (2019-2020) Record: 9-23, Never qualified for the Playoffs.

Robert Saleh (2021-Present Day) Record: 11-21, in the midst of an epic 1-5 collapse after 6-3 start. Yet to qualify for Playoffs.

* Infamous Boat trip photo

** Interim Head Coach

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Let’s put the Woody/Snyder stuff aside for a minute. That’s really not the direction this should go, I don’t think anyone would disagree that Woody is the better man.

I think you, and maybe @The Crusher (because of where you both live) watch the DER’s more than the rest of us. Whenever I see them play this season, it feels like I’m watching the same things I do when I watch the Jets.

I would agree, they are quite similar in general design/construction and roster strengths and weaknesses.  The 'Ders have better coaching, albeit not likely by much.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

We haven’t beaten them in like 7 years ;).

I do get your point though.  The gap has closed and we are the more talented roster outside of QB.

By default. Mac likely isn’t an answer for NE either since his only good games are against the Jets, so the other 15 games of the year are a problem with him.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Agree there are a lot of comparisons with Washington but I’m not as high on the AFC East beginning in 2023.

Bills:  Josh Allen’s contract balloons from $16M to $40M per year.

Dolphins:  Tua’s concussions are a MAJOR concern.  Who knows what happens here?

Pats:  Yes, they OWN us but their roster is meh

This post turned my frown upside down ..? ? ?

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Pats:  Yes, they OWN us but their roster is meh

They own Zach... I'm betting if While had played one of those games or even both, we win both. Also doesn't help that the refs call everything against us. That was an INT for a score...

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Gene Wilder Nonsense GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We both have an owner the fan base doesn’t like

Their fans hate the new name, we hate our uniforms

No FQB on either team

Two good defensive lines and a good young WR

neither is a 2-4 win team anymore, but we’re both in a tough division with an elite team and two pretty solid ones. Neither will have an easy road to a playoff berth for the foreseeable future. 

We aren’t the Washington commandos because they can beat Philadelphia in a regular season game.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Now let's do the New York football Giants. 

The 2022 Giants are the 2015 Jets.

Joe Schoen is Mike Maccagnan who knows all about competitive rebuilds.

Brian Daboll is Todd Bowles who almost gets to the playoffs in his first season then sucks the rest of the time.

Daniel Jones is a meh quarterback who will choke at the end of the season costing the Giants a playoff berth.

The 2022 Giants remind me more of the 2006 Jets. That was the Mangenius year if you recall. A roster with a lot of holes that was supposed to be terrible that ended up making the playoffs. They are going to clinch on Sunday versus the tanking Colts much like the Jets did vs the tanking raiders 

They are nothing like the 2015 Jets. Schoen didn’t spend big $ to bring in vets like Revis, Cromartie, and Marshall. Gettleman left him with no cap space.